Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Warning Dont Play MMO´s
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 20:38
They will kill you, and eat your souls

Link
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 20:44

Dr. Orzack: No, I disagree. You can' t say that about Blizzard, which structures the games like World of Warcraft to be addictive. They design these MMORPGs to keep people in the game

Okay...sure they have high level and dungeons quest with a party needed and stuff like that,and it will take a lot of time.
However,what do they do in casions then?
Shows,cheap food and drinks.

What is that then?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 21:39
Once you hit lvl 60 or whatever the max level is, the addiction is broken. Been there, done that.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 22:06
Finally! I hate MMO' s so much, the idea great, play rpg with thousands of other people, but I hate the paying, seriously, they make you buy a full price game and THEN pay for it each month?!

People die playing these games.

I dont support banning games, but if MMO' s where gone, I think it would benefit everybody.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 22:30
This is what I don' t understand. People shell out $2000 for a PC $60 for a game yet get all shitty if they have to pay $15 more? And if you can' t afford $15 a month you really need to get another hobby because gaming was never cheap.

It' s not like they' re taking the money for no reason either. The monthly fee is needed in order to cover the unique development processes (an MMORPG constantly has content added to it) and make sure servers have as little downtime as possible. There' s a lot of continual time, effort and resources needed to keep an MMORPG running and running smoothly so the monthly fee is highly justified.
Silentbomber

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 23:14
I dont think its costs Wow 15 euros per person out of all there 4 million user base to keep the servers running.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 09, 2006 23:46
I agree MMO' s are the biggest videogame con since Britneys Dance Beat. The single exceptiong of course will be Huxley, 100 vs. 100 player UT like FPS is just going to kick ass, period.
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 00:12

Finally! I hate MMO' s so much, the idea great, play rpg with thousands of other people, but I hate the paying, seriously, they make you buy a full price game and THEN pay for it each month?!

It' s an often missunderstood thing! I dont mind paying to play, one migth argue whether the price is fair though! But you do get something for you money, round the clock DM' s to help with issues, server support, constant patching throughout the games life, minor to major updates during waits for expansion packs!

Silentbomber

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 00:59

round the clock DM' s to help with issues, server support, constant patching throughout the games life, minor to major updates during waits for expansion packs!

You get that with every game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 01:12

You get that with every game.

No you dont! if you play Quake 3 and there is a bug, there are no supporters there for you to talk to! There wont be another update, while a game like Everquest is still being patched!

It' s totally different from normal games! How many games do you know thats gotten as many updates as WoW?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 01:42
Chemical,even today blizzard employs hasn' t fixed the imba shaman class,why?
Cause as they admitted 70-80% of them play horde shamans.

Their own support hasn' t been good at all.
One of their employers showed his strong hate to europe in wc3,that really pissed me off.
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 02:12

Chemical,even today blizzard employs hasn' t fixed the imba shaman class,why?
Cause as they admitted 70-80% of them play horde shamans.

The Shaman is far from the most powerful class in the game, the things are right now! And anyone saying they arent fixing it because they play it themselves arent true Blizzard Rep' s how long do you think they would have thier job?

Their support has been very good IMO, and its even better now that things are up and running!
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 02:33
Heck, if it wasn' t for Oblivion I wouldn' t even like RPGs.

And since Oblivion has taken 120+hrs of my life, and the fact that its a single player RPG, I' d hate to image how many hours I' d blow online...

PS: If it wasn' t for thoughs points, I' d be done playing Oblivion
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 02:39
on my main character in WoW i have 624 hours played! Add about 200 more for alts! It is a time sink, when i played WoW i didnt play any other game, then my daughter was born, and i iddnt have time to put into Instances anymore
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 02:47
624 hours? That' s it, I' m never playing a MMO.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 02:55
A MMO killed my wife and raped my daugter!

Anyways how are most MMO battles done? Ive never played an MMO before mostly because I was unsure of the battle system. Is it similar to Oblivion or Fable with real time or simply Turn-Based. And do you battle other users or is it strictly NPCs and various creatures?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 03:15

ORIGINAL: _Ninja_Protocol_

Heck, if it wasn' t for Oblivion I wouldn' t even like RPGs.

And since Oblivion has taken 120+hrs of my life, and the fact that its a single player RPG, I' d hate to image how many hours I' d blow online...

PS: If it wasn' t for thoughs points, I' d be done playing Oblivion

Ninja Gaiden has taken 274 hours of mine.. and it' s not even an RPG, which means
I need more help than you.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 03:31
Honestly, World of Warcraft is one of the best instances for MMORPGS being above and beyond a regular game. Oblivion hooked me for 140+ hours, however World of Warcraft which Blizzard has released tons of content for easily justifying the $15 a month extra price tag, has kept me for what, close to 2 years. I still play regularly regardless of having a level 60. The fact is Blizzard (and I can' t say this is completely true) oozes perfection when it comes to making videogames. I did however play DAOC and UO before, DAOC wasn' t all too good for the $15 and UO went to crap after EA bought it out, which I am sure DAOC is now going to do due to EA' s purchasing of Mythic. Good thing is, Blizzard is making to much money for Vivendi to sell it off to EA. And I doubt the developers would be too happy with it as well.
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 03:40
I agree, blizzards game streak is truly impressive, its the all time best developer! They even have sense enough to stop developing games that they can see wont be up to standard!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 03:41
Yep, I looked forward to Ghost, but completely understand their move.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message