Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Warning Dont Play MMO´s
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 03:45
Me too, it was unfortunate that they had to change developer mid development, i hope they show up with a next gen version! Now i dont mind that the graphics arent super, it just needs to be atleast average, and it has to be fun most of all
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 11:43
Almost nothing is a bad value if the person paying for it feels like it' s worth it (unless you can get something IDENTICAL for less money).

I' ve never gotten into MMO because: a) I' ve never tried one that I liked. b) I know that they are addictive, and I' m not ready for that (although I DO have enough spare time, to be sure!)
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 12:05
The first thing to do to cure your addiction is to admit you have a problem.

*breathes*

I SHELLED OVER 50 BUCKS TO BUY MY MAPLESTORY CHARACTER A HAT, SHIRT AND PANTS. AND A PANDA! WITH A MAGNET! TO SUCK COINS!

You want a cash sink, you try MapleStory. Sure, it' s a free download, but it totally abuses young kids (main demographic) with allowances who desperately want to pimp up their characters (and these are just cosmetic changes, not some super-powered weapons [although some items have special effects])

Oh, and the items aren' t even permanent =/ They go away after 3 months so little kids have to buy them AGAIN!

Add in atrocious levelling, lack of just about anything, unbalanced classes that are copied (terribly) right off Ragnarok Online, 2D interface where the most challenging quests involve PLATFORM JUMPING, and well, it sucks from every technical point of view. And it has 2 million users.

Back on topic, I don' t see what' s the big deal in MMOs charging cash as long as they deliver.

Personally, I' m more pissed off with the Xbox' s Live subcription fees than any MMO =/
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 10, 2006 15:16

Personally, I' m more pissed off with the Xbox' s Live subcription fees than any MMO =/

The alternative to that would be that the companies that made the games would be the ones hosting the servers, and that would be a lesser service, like what sony triefd with PS2
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 06:42
Or like what PC games have - and people love it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 06:43

Or like what PC games have - and people love it.

Well it works well on pc' s because people can host their own dedicated servers with the bandwidth they want, you cant do that on a PS
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 13:30
56k should not have been an option for online play on ps2.

If you' re some hillbilly living out in the country and can' t get broadband because you' re not within the reach of civilization then maybe you should focus on your priorities instead of of gaming, like go farm stuff and milk cows, just get the fuck away from online games all you do is lag them up. 56k' ers are the scum of online gaming, thank god xbox live doesnt allow their asses online, thats the only reason I like it.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 11 Aug 06 5:32:04 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 16:24

Well it works well on pc' s because people can host their own dedicated servers with the bandwidth they want, you cant do that on a PS
'

I think the majority of online PC gamers are using official servers so it' s not that huge factor.Ihaven' t played any games online on PS2 though so I have no idea if it' s good or completely fucked up :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 16:35

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I think the majority of online PC gamers are using official servers so it' s not that huge factor.Ihaven' t played any games online on PS2 though so I have no idea if it' s good or completely fucked up :)

I have heard that in S.O.C.O.M U.S navy Seal (I think) there are mods that allow
people to run through walls...

I' m not sure though...
Vx Chemical

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 11, 2006 18:14
I dont know any one who plays on pcs who plays on official servers, except for Battlenet! Counter Strike has player hosted servers, so does DoD, Raven Shield, UT, Battlefield 42-2

so thats pretty much all of them!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 12, 2006 05:04
Do people still play Evercrack?
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 12, 2006 07:52
Not as much as they play WoW. I think the highest EQ' s userbase has ever been is 500k, while WoW supposedly has 6 million subcribers.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Warning Dont Play MMO´s - Aug 12, 2006 20:23

so thats pretty much all of them!

My bad if that' s the case - you know PC gaming better than me.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message