Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:10
I know you can get them for then ps2, and even the dreamcast and ps1. But what games ever use them? i think thats games get to look nicer and nicer, and with keyboards/mise genrally being usb, they should be used more. espically for fps, which the 360 is going to get alot of. Since the Graphics equal that [or close enough to that] of the pc, why cant the controll be equal?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:15
the 360 will not get a keyboard and mouse, MS put in a hardware lock, so they have control over all controllers released for it. Im almost 100% sure of this.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:17
but cant they realse it themselves, anyway the games would have to be devolped with that in mind too. you cant really hack that stuff.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:23
Well some keyboards work with it already (No mouses yet tho) and it has the USB ports. Microsoft may allow it sooner or later I dont see why not.

People may think the level of fairness between someone playing on a K/M combo and one who is using a controller on multiplayer games may be slanted. However an option for the host to allow K/M could be implemented into games.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:27
They could do it themselves, and the USB keyboards only work for typing, i think i recall them saying NO on the issue!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:34
It would be neat to have keyboard and mouse set-up. However I think a big thing against it is that there isn' t a good place for it perhaps.

WHat I mean is, your computer is probably on a desk of some kind, keyboard and mouse set firmly on it. A lot of people (i would guess most) play console games from the comfort of a non-desk setup ie. a bed, sofa and might not really be great for a mouse, or overly comfortable for a keyboard.

A keyboard for typing isn' t so necessary these days (unlike PSO on DC) now we have voice communicators.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:44

A keyboard for typing isn' t so necessary these days (unlike PSO on DC) now we have voice communicators.

After hearing the nasally sound quality of the voices on Xbox Live I think I' d rather you guys type every thing
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 3 Mar 06 19:44:44 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 03:49
LOL - True esecailly with the kids and voice masks on xbl.... >.<
Unfortunately typing something out while playing the majority of games is somewhat inconvenient
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 08:03
I suppose that' s the issue Infinium' s Lapboard was meant to address, if it ever makes it to production!

I have to say the Lapboard is a lame idea though, much better would be, ooh say a wireless bluetooth motion sensing wand of some kind...hey I should patent that!

As for typing, I think I remember being able to type in the 360 dashboard using a generic usb keyboard...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 4 Mar 06 0:07:57 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 08:11

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

After hearing the nasally sound quality of the voices on Xbox Live I think I' d rather you guys type every thing

Yeah, but have you seen some of the typing around here?!?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Keyboard and Mouse For Consoles - Mar 04, 2006 08:55
LOL! Good point!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages