Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue Online coming 2006?
Phoenix87

• Total Posts : 33
Shenmue Online coming 2006? - Jan 20, 2006 05:12
2005 were filled with Shenmue related rumours and speculations, different sites like IGN were putting Shenmue 3 first on their Xbox lists then Xbox 360.. but nothing happened and Sega kept silent. Kikizo wrote a large " scope" article early fall 2005 about Shenmue on next generation. TGS came and went and Sega kept silent. And here we are, 5 years after the second installement of Shenmue still craving for one more of Suzuki great stories.

Heres the Status of the franchise:

Shenmue Online - Still in production now by a taiwanese company under the management of Suzuki san and his new studio Am plus(?) former digital rex(?)

Shenmue 3 - According to the Kikizo article the story and basically the entire game is finnished. But, (and this is the sad part) there is no current plans on releasing the game. This is if you can belive Suzuki himself who no longer is a part of the team handling Shenmue 3. Yu has also stated that IF Shenmue 3 ever were being made HE would be in charge of the project (this is how I have grasped the situation anway) and at the moment he is totally off the project.
Also a problem is how to make the game a final product, and on what plattform would the game sell it' s most.
I personally believe that Shenmue chapters 1-16 should be called something like Shenmue Legends so people would get that it' s more than just a sequal.
I also strongly believe on multi-plattform for Shenmue... the game is hyped enough already... I say let people enjoy more Shenmue!

(sorry for bad spelling and grammar my english is a bit.. rusty, but I' m sure you' ll understand the context)

Edit: just editing the title which is too long. Also we didn' t say " the enire game is finished" .
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 27 Jan 06 19:06:17 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message