Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LMAO! Fantavision!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 07:40
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738719p1.aspx

Remember when PS2 launched and Fantavision was a launch title and no one cared...because it was junk. Well it looks like someone decided they needed to make a new next gen Fantavision. I guess they haven' t learned their lesson when everyone was laughing at the first one.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 07:52
hmm i dunno if you read wrong... It says a first look at the backward compatability with not details of the enhancements....

I wish they would say for sure if there wasn' t a power brick, oh and the touch sensitive buttons are nice ^_^

EDIT: here is a quote from the article.

That' s Fantavision running through backwards compatibility on the PlayStation 3. This would appear to be our first look at a PS2 game running on the PS3.

Sadly, the IT Media article doesn' t provide details on how the backwards compatibility works. It' s still unknown if the PS3 will improve the PS2 gaming experience through visual tricks or improved loading, which is an effect that many enjoyed when using PlayStation games on the PS2.
< Message edited by uumai -- 12 Oct 06 23:53:28 >
Agent Ghost

RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 08:05
I' m almost embarrassed to say that I didn' t read the article, I couldn' t focuse my eyes I was laughing so hard.

Still I don' t think its wise to associate the PS3 with fantavision, even if to only showcase backwards compatibility.
uumai

RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 09:49
lol, not to worry.

True when i first saw it the link on ign i was a bit shocked to see fantavision going to ps3, or so i thought.

I wish these people who have hads on would answer the real questions, like the power brick (though i' m doubtful), glad we got answers about the buttons, i was a bit lost touch sensitive is nice though

I would like to know how backwards compatability will work too... As given the early ps3s seem to be going it with ps2 chips included, will there be any chance of improvement? or is the machine no longer using some ps2 components?
Agent Ghost

RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 11:05
yeah I don' t even think the 360 has touch sensitive buttons...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 11:43

yeah I don' t even think the 360 has touch sensitive buttons...

Yeah, Microsoft said that it was a feature of the original Xbox controllers that developers didn' t utilize very much, so they cut it from the 360 controllers. Not a good decision in my opinion... and the controllers still cost as much (wired) as the originals.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 11:46
Fantavision is better than 95% of Microsoft-published titles. And that says alot.

What' s your point?
uumai

RE: LMAO! Fantavision! - Oct 13, 2006 19:47
sorry for the confusion, about the touch sensitive buttons, i didn' t mean the pad... Actually the power and disc eject " buttons" they are just symbols, which you touch no pressing anymore....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll