Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sadness Wii!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:08
Ever heard of the game sadness for Wii? Adventure/horror/survival game from Nibris! Not many details yet, but it sounds promising!

Trailer here
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:30
don' t expect too much - I' ve been talking to those guys (Nibris) and even gave them some ideas for their 2D shooter (DS) that' s about to be released soon.

They seem like a mediocre developer to me (they' ve sent me their scripts and game design papers for that shooter and it was just crap - it' s getting better now , but not really good imo)

I don' t think you' ll see any good game made by Polish developer anytime soon , the last one scored decently was Painkiller (FPP) and The Witcher for the PC is in the works, but I won' t lie to you , good games aren' t born in PL :)
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:31
It' s good to know Polish Male Nurses are considered videogame industry insiders nowadays.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 7 Aug 06 11:32:02 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:32
Damnit Gangsta, I had high hopes for that game.
If you know it' s going to be a bad game, can' t you get a job there and tell them how to make a good game?
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:32
Yeah, I saw the trailer for it a while ago. I would' ve posted it, but I thought people would start complaining about it being " old" or something(you lot are always looking for things to complain about).

It looks pretty interesting if you ask me. I think it would be the kind of movie-game that James Bond: Everything or Nothing was trying to be.

Edit- Gangsta, you should help them out then.
< Message edited by Marink -- 7 Aug 06 11:37:37 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 19:37
Sometimes its the small developers who makes the true gems!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:04

Damnit Gangsta, I had high hopes for that game.
If you know it' s going to be a bad game, can' t you get a job there and tell them how to make a good game?

I did - with their 2D shooter - I' m waiting to see the results.

Vx - you' re right , but when I saw that crappy script and gameplay mechanics...It' s hard to believe they can do something great.I' d love to be wrong.

If Shenmue sux , MGS is bleh and Halo 2 is the best thing that ever happened to mankind ,than I don' t mind being called a male nurse.Especially by a well oriented gamer who asks what Virtual Console is.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:10

If Shenmue sux , MGS is bleh and Halo 2 is the best thing that ever happened to mankind ,than I don' t mind being called a male nurse.Especially by a well oriented gamer who asks what Virtual Console is.

I bet he is laughing his ass off really, because he just knows how much he is annoying the other members.
< Message edited by Marink -- 7 Aug 06 12:10:45 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:14
I too had high hopes for this game, more so than most others for Wii.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:26
Don' t worry man - I can be wrong - all I know is that they can' t make a good 2D shooter for the DS :)
Vx Chemical

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:29
Ubisoft has made a billion bad gameboy and DS titles and still manage to make some of the best games!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:36
true , but it' s not thsat this game is going to be bad, they treat it as their great debut and it seems like utter shit - it' s hard to explain it, but when someone talks to you about a game that' s the best thing since fuckin Mario , and show you some silly shit...

Sadness is original at least and with it' s black and white setting It could be cool.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:38
As long as they don' t speak polish in it...

... cause they' re not...

...right?
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 07, 2006 20:53
A black and white setting sounds cool. I cant wait for the Wii and this game we are all typing about!!!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 08, 2006 12:51
I remember when I posted my hopes that this game would be in the same vein as Eternal Darkness. Gangsta posted that his interview with them didn' t go well. Since then I' ve lowered my expectations of the game (it was kinda stupid to expect Eternal Darkness anyway), but I' m remaining cautiously hopeful about it. After all, I' d never heard of Silicon Knights before I played Eternal Darkness.

The way they handle a 2D shooter wouldn' t give much of a bearing on how they will handle Sadness, anyway. The two games seem extremely different, with Sadness' s focus being primarily on it' s cinematic atmosphere instead of the raw gameplay a shooter would need.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 08, 2006 18:33
I didn' t mean to make you all loose hope , but I myself don' t believe in them too much (and hell no , they aren' t going to speak polish)

Eternal Darkness is ,like you said, Eternal Darkness - the one and only - I hope they finish Too Human triogy fast so they can start wrking on those promised ED sequels.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 08, 2006 18:42
Gangsta, how did you interview them??

How did you GET to interview them?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sadness Wii!! - Aug 09, 2006 06:25
I didn' t interview them - I contacted them when I first read that Polish developers are making Nintendo games.

They said I need to make a level for them and design gameplay (for a 2D shooter) to fit it into their gamedesign that they sent me along with the script.

Both were so shitty...I changed the script quite a bit and they liked it, then I made some cool Ikaruga style (but not rip-off) gameplay mechanics and wrote some really deep health and power-ups system (many gamers liked those ideas) - I don' t know if they' re going to use any of those things in the final versionthough.

I could send you those files , but it' s all in Polish.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll