Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PC porting hard on PS3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 17:48
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-sucks-for-pc-porting-179879.php

Which again means, PC titles wont be ported to the PS3 as often. Some might not think that is bad, but there more games on a console the merrier!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 18:01
Especially when they are games like Prey!

This will actually probably be a good thing as developers will have to build the game from scratch. It may be nice to have some updated ports, but if a game is built FOR PS3, then it' ll be able to take advantage of the hardware to it' s fullest.

Nitro

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 18:04
Hang on a minute....

...i though Ken said PS3 WAS a PC?!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 19:19
Yeah he did...im so fukking angry and when im anghry i pull out my gun,and i will shoot some bitches!!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Jun 06 11:19:52 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 20:06

Yeah he did...im so fukking angry and when im anghry i pull out my gun,and i will shoot some bitches!!

Well I have a water pistol..
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 20:31
not a PC ...a supah-computah - so poor ken was reffering to some of them apple computers ...

*Runs from mad PC lovers*

anyway, PS2 received splinetr cell ,ghost recon and so on - as long as it sells, games will be ported.

PS brand was always known for the pure console experience (just like GameCube) , so I like the idea of PC developers leaving it alone.

For buglivion (and others) I' m getting a 360 (as soon as they release the new model) - and I' m going to play bioshock on it as well

Did anyone see any video from bioshock? I' m so excited about this game ...
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 13 Jun 06 12:33:51 >
Vx Chemical

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 20:37
I dont believe there really are any Videos for Bio yet! i dont see why you think OB is soo buggy, i really dont get any buys, i have only seen one or two! if you are complaining try playing Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall that is one buggy game, though the map size is the size of Turkey! i think its the biggest game ever!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 21:29
it' s buggy that' s a fact - you could be the luckiest guy on the planet Vx , cause there are a lot of quests that have bugs in them and you need to start your character from scratch,

They (bethesda) have released a new patch for both PC and 360 - it makes the framerate better for 360 and makes loadtimes a bit longer.IT solves some problems but if you have started some of the bug-quests (I' m talking about serious bugs that won' t let you finish your quest or even continue playing) you' ll have to start all over again even if you applied that patch.

Buglivion is not my name - it' s comonly used on Gamespot and IGN in their articles and editor blogs.It really is buggy as hell but as it always is - some meet more problems than others - it' s possible to finish oblivion without problems I guess but most gamers experience bugs or some glitches in it quite often.

Bioshock was shown in motion behind closed doors so I hoped someone maybe managed to get some clip of it.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 22:44
I only had one bug, and that was a group of NPC' s were outside every castle each time i got arrested!
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 23:38
I also get no problems with oblivion.
And i have both pc and 360 versions (pc i dirty pirated, 360 i paid for) both games run great, but the 360 runs circles around my geforce 7800.

If the ps3 gets no pc games, fine for all.
Besides, who wants to port games to inferior hardware..It' s almost as bad as porting to mac hardware (shiver)
Nitro

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 23:40
I' ve played the game excessively and not noticed any real bugs. The game has glitches, but not proper bugs. I' ve read about the fact that some people have got stuff during a quest and not been able to complete it, but that' s the nature of open ended " true" sandbox gameplay.

I' m sure the game has issues, but i haven' t come accross any yet. Certainly nothing to hinder my progress.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 13, 2006 23:54
Ive got a few quests left in the fighters guild before ocmpleting the games main set of quests and the only drastic bug Ive encountered was during the first DLC mission put out in which a huge chunk of land didnt generate. It was actually pretty cool looking and trippy cause the corpses and items that were there on land were floating until you touch them or shot an arrow at them then they fell into the endless pit. I saved my spot restarted the 360 and things were fine again.

I didnt wanna d/l the new patch cause it' ll get rid of the very fun glitch of duplicating items! :) Ever seen 100+ pumpkins burst out of nowhere right down a cliff side creating a ridiculous looking avalanche? It reminds me of that old sonic code thing that allowed you to spawn items and enemies as much as you wanted, any remember that?

ANYWAYS I guess short fo a good and bad thing. Bad cause there' s some PC games out there I wanna play, but dont have a PC strong enough so I get the ported console version. Good because developers can make a version specifically for the console. That is if the find it financially worth it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 14, 2006 00:14
Since when did PC ports become important to Sony? I thought that was Microsofts thing.
Anyway, I can' t see anything positive if it' s difficult to port PC games to the PS3. It only means fewer games.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 14, 2006 01:23

I didnt wanna d/l the new patch cause it' ll get rid of the very fun glitch of duplicating items!

According to Joystiq, item duping isn' t mended with the patch released, see below.

Click here for full information from Joystiq
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 14, 2006 08:40
Are we gonna see a retractment from Kenny K in the next few days? I can see the headlines now.

" Ps3 isn' t really a supercomputer" says sony bigman, Ken Kutaragi. He' ll tell us that it' s more than a supercomputer, so therefore, it bears little resemblence to anything on a pc, making it far harder to port games from that inferior PC hardware, to his next-gen lovechild.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 14, 2006 15:40

" Ps3 isn' t really a supercomputer" says sony bigman, Ken Kutaragi. He' ll tell us that it' s more than a supercomputer, so therefore, it bears little resemblence to anything on a pc, making it far harder to port games from that inferior PC hardware, to his next-gen lovechild.

I love KK
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 20, 2006 22:33
K.K. Slider from animal crossing or is there another kk im missing
Vx Chemical

RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 20, 2006 22:36

K.K. Slider from animal crossing or is there another kk im missing

Rofl
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 20, 2006 22:37
Im just jk/ theres nothing wrong with ken
but if he crosses nintendos path hell get strangled with a prototype wii control
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC porting hard on PS3 - Jun 20, 2006 22:48
Yeah, just like when Nintendo got a Dual Shock vibrator up their ass when the PS1 was successful!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message