Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies - Nov 17, 2006 05:30
Everything is going according to plan for the HD DVD camp, can' t say the same for its competitor

link

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/16/hd_dvd_shipments/

Note that

HD DVD players, which were launched for retail prices of $500 and $800, also have dropped in price and can be purchased for as low as $375

they may not offer the all in one multimedia device that the US$600 ps3 and blu ray offer but for a stand alone HD disk player its getting closer to the mass market friendly price, the list of titles is growing and its much easier to find HD DVD players then ps3s (currently).
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies - Nov 18, 2006 01:40
How about the rumored HD-DVD and Blu-Ray duo-player?

Haven' t heard anything after that, but a company did say they created a player that could play BOTH formats.

Would prolly cost a pretty penny though...but it might bring down the price of solo players.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies - Nov 18, 2006 02:24

How about the rumored HD-DVD and Blu-Ray duo-player?

I' d pay for an HD-DVD and Blu-Ray duelling player. It spins up both discs and then launches them at each other from across the room. Disc shard clean-up kit sold separately.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies - Nov 18, 2006 02:56
Still don' t care about the next gen of DVDs.

But what are your opinions about Best Buy' s only carrying Blue-Ray players? I havn' t seen an HD-DVD player advertisted yet.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: HD DVD sells 1.5 million movies - Nov 18, 2006 05:58

I' d pay for an HD-DVD and Blu-Ray duelling player. It spins up both discs and then launches them at each other from across the room. Disc shard clean-up kit sold separately.

Heh, but seriously I think I agree with Jason Reuben...it just isn' t time for another generation...and honestly the consumers of the world out there aren' t going to care that much about HD-DvD or Blu-Ray...but glad to see HD-DvD is winning :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll