Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What do you expect from Next-Gen?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 01, 2006 22:05
everyone of us expect many things from this Gen (next?), apart from graphis which is the most obvious part to get much improved, i still don' t see something revolutionary, what could those huge numbers specs do for games, i was thinking about fighting game, i think this genre didn' t get improved , the gameplay change, smoother animation , better graphics and that would be all, what i want finaly to see is:

1) In fights , characters should block the opponent attacks realisticly, if the punsh if going to the face , then the oppenent should hide his face when pushing the block button, i hope you understand what i mean, the block movement should match the attack, the idea appeared in Mortal Kombat deadly alliance first, but it' s far from perfect but the concept is there , i hope that with all this power developers have in hand , they can really make it happen, and thus allowing us to see some fancy flashy combat.

2) they should also add a buton to avoid hits, may be not all but most of them, if i want to give a low kick then once the other player hit a button his character should jump over the kick for exemple, or if i want to punsh him in the face, then he should lean backward, it' s almost like that Boxer from tekken, but again i want all players to have this ability in addition of the ability to block the attack. if you think that all that people will do is hitting taht button, developers should add a " focus" metter that you should use it wisely because if it' s empty, you can' t avoid the attacks anymore but to block them ( slight dammage), this will add a strategy to the game + each fight will be a true show with the right animation and graphics.

3) Please emotions, it' s already happening, Fight night round 3, more of that please .

4) one thing i always found ridiculous in fighting games is that if your character had a little energy left, then the other player might give you a very very light punsh and you' re " KO" , that' s not realistic at all, characters should show they are tired, damaged, and fighting death when they run out of energy.

5) clothes should get damaged as well...

that' s what i could think of, please let me know what you think about all of that and i hope oyu understand what i' m saying, let' s talk about every genre and see what can be improved.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll