Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Good or Evil?
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 07:54
This might be a bit " weird" to some people, but I usually don' t play the " bad guy" in games, because...well, because I can' t stand having people not like me (told you this was weird). I just finished KOTOR as the evil one and I have to say I felt guilty everytime I was mean to someone (especially after I killed Mission) -- anyone else feel this way with games (or am I totally off my rocket)? Do you prefer to play as the good guy or the evil guy?
< Message edited by Sharon -- 27 Apr 05 15:54:36 >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 09:57
i preffer evil all the way.....that way i can get away with doing things to people that i would otherwise get arrested for and thus let out a days frustration in a perfectlly harmless way.

...maybe this is also why i love first person shooters so much. especially the ones with no real story where you just run around and shoot shit.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 10:58
Well see I' m evil myself (just ask chickapoo) so when I play a game that gives me a choice I tend to venture into the good side of things...quite odd. However, that wont keep me from doing a lil in game sin here and there (for example:Morrowind-Killing a house owner so I have a place to shack up in and leave my findings at in an organized fashion, I so wish Fable allowed the level of freedom shown in Morrowind...which is why im orgasmic for Oblivion!)
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 11:01
I like to say I choose the side of evil when it gives me the option like say in an RPG just so I feel like a rebel. This however is not the case. My character walks into a village the mayor asks me " oh no oh no, the dark prince has kidnapped my daughter, please fair knight help rescue her for me!!" I' m always the sucker and I try rescue the damn girl. I think it' s cause I always think I' ll be rewarded with a better item that I won' t be able to get anywhere else. I' ve nver come across a game where it gives you the option to save the daughter, or kill the mayor on the spot and rule his town like a tyrant, and then you get rewarded for being the tyrant. Maybe if that game does exsist I need to find it!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 11:19
Elder Scrolls:Oblivion Heheheeheheeheee
< Message edited by Mass X -- 27 Apr 05 19:19:46 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 11:24

I just finished KOTOR as the evil one and I have to say I felt guilty everytime I was mean to someone (especially after I killed Mission) -- anyone else feel this way with games (or am I totally off my rocket)?

Sharon, you are not alone...

When I played through as the evil one in Fable, I felt funny about just fighting or killing people. I did get called the son of Skorm though...that was actually a compliment for someone trying to be so evil! And, that demon door that asks for you to perform true evil to enter...it just opened right up for me, when I stopped at it!

I never got the chance to give Skorm a decent amount of sacrifices to be blessed by him. But that' s OK with me.

I just prefer to do the ' right thing' ...makes me feel all good inside...
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 14:54
I like to see both aspects of the game. I usually play good first because it' s always the hardest to do. I mean how many gamers want to sit there and do all the goody toushie side missions that don' t even have to do with the Primary mission? Evil side is just fun because in Kotor some kind of conversation will be like this:

Henchman: Pay me a 1000 credits and I might let you live.

Your Force Persuade response: No, how about you give me all of your money AND your armor and weapons. Then, I might let you live!

Henchman: Please don' t kill me! I' ll give you all you want! Here take it all!

The Henchman gives you the money and his gear....a sound of a lightsaber can be heard with a scream from the henchman.

[ Your thoughts are: Damn, I' m evil and I sure do love being it too ]
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 27, 2005 21:00
Instead of starting off evil I' d actually prefer turning evil along the way by betraying your own team/group/party/partner in a game.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 29, 2005 04:25
I find it more interesting to play games like that without making a conscious choice re: if my actions are good/evil. Prefer to just make the choices I would in real life (or at least in the situation the game puts me in), and then see if the game says if I am good or evil...
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Good or Evil? - Apr 29, 2005 13:07
What about Eggman?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages