Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Planet announced for PC
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 13, 2007 22:51
LINK

Released in June and ported by Capcom, not outsourced like the DMC3 and RE4 PC releases. DirectX10 support and up to XHD resolution (2560 x 1600).

Interestingly Takeuchi notes that new GeForce cards can produce an " overwhelming experience" for players...

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 14, 2007 01:11
Be interesting to see if Capcom can port their games better. The lighting and textures just never hold up. I played the Onimusha 3 demo once, and there wasn' t actually any way to quit the game (since you wouldn' t need to on the PS2), you had to alt+f4 it! :P

Can' t imagine me being overwhelmed just yet!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 Apr 07 17:12:34 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 14, 2007 01:25
Not long untill the Ps3 launch then. It looks like its doing a Dmc. Pc first and then another console.

Not that I care, Lost planet looks boring. [:' (]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 14, 2007 01:33
It' s odd that Takeuchi is raving about NVIDIA when the game was created for an ATI GPU. Only PS3 has an NVIDIA supplied graphics processor this generation.

They probably would have been better creating a multiplayer specific PC version and releasing the content as DLC over XBL for the 360 version.

I love the game and i can' t wait for the sequel. Lost Planet and Dead Rising are two of the best games on 360.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 14, 2007 01:47
Yea that is wierd actually. Maybe he doesn' t know about ATIs dx10 card coming out soon! Or maybe he lives in a dimension where ATI and nV are friends!

But yea the MP would kick some buttski on PC. (/imagines what a ' butt-ski' would look like...)
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 Apr 07 18:00:02 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 15, 2007 13:54

ORIGINAL: Nitro

It' s odd that Takeuchi is raving about NVIDIA when the game was created for an ATI GPU. Only PS3 has an NVIDIA supplied graphics processor this generation.

It' s because Nvidia is paying them to slap that " The Way it' s Meant to be Played" logo on the game. Basically, Nvidia has vested some financial support behind the game so it' s only natural for Takeuchi to give credit where it' s due. It happens all the time in the PC world. ATI and Nvidia both do it, and it usually means there are a few special optimizations for a particular graphics brand that make it into the game. It means jack all in the long run though.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 15, 2007 15:44
Strange it wasn' t announced for ps3, might annoy LP ps3 hopefulls hehe

Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Lost Planet announced for PC - Apr 15, 2007 15:53
I saw this yesterday and thought about posting it, but since I don' t know much about the game I figured I shouldn' t bother.

I look forward to playing it on the PC, especially after all the hype surrounding the first month of its release. It' s the only high selling title I haven' t played extensively on the 360.

As for why he is dropping the Nvidia name it' s quite simple. Nvidia has always pushed its name a lot more than ATI, especially in the well known titles. Add in the fact that many people know that Nvidia was the first to have DX10 cards which MS has been hyping just as much as Nvidia and it makes a lot of sense that an A-list title on " Games for Windows" is supporting Nividia.

It' s interesting to see Capcom go big on multi-platform, but not exactly surprising. If anything, I' m pleased by it. After all, more sales means more revenue, and more revenue means more good/quality games. And thats what we all want, right? (excluding idiot fanboys who want to have online pissing matches about how many good games their consoles have)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll