Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More bad press for Sony...
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 05:01
Joystiq
An article regarding Official Playstation Magazine' s (presumably US version) editor, who apparently station in a forum blog, that even she will be purchasing a 360 over a PS3.

But when I know that a console' s direct competitors cost two-thirds or half of that price, it becomes harder for me to justify shelling out that kind of money. $600 might be worth it if there were several huge titles on the near horizon that were PS3-exclusive. But for the first year at least, there are very few big titles that are PS3 exclusive. GTA4 and Assassins will be available for the 360 at the same time.

The other big reason for people to shell out $600, BluRay, is frankly something I don' t care about. So ultimately, I can' t justify it. $600 is a lot of money, especially when I can get what -- for me at least -- will be a very similar experience for $400. I would like to own a PS3, and I hope that the price drops soon so I can consider it.

More sad news for Sony, can they really bring it around?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 05:21
Ouch...

Well the editor pretty much sounds like everyone else at the moment. Give this year to the Wii or even 360 and wait til next year. The hardcore crowd will ensure the product survives the duration while the casual gamers wait for a lower price and games more aimed at them.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 05:24
She does have a point though but where' s her loyalty?....a lot of sony employees this generation seem to just stick it in the shoulder blade the one that made me think seriously was the guy with the blog....that got fired later cos a lot of what he said in there made sense and is coming true slowly (I think). But if I were sony i' d think about who I employ a lot more. Either that or these people know more than we do at the moment.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 12 Aug 06 21:26:22 >
uumai

RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 05:51

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Ouch...

Well the editor pretty much sounds like everyone else at the moment. Give this year to the Wii or even 360 and wait til next year. The hardcore crowd will ensure the product survives the duration while the casual gamers wait for a lower price and games more aimed at them.

I know everyone (Aside from extreme fanboys and those rich enough not to care) is thinking the same things. I mean I want to get a PS3 and I don' t find £425 too bad, certainly not TOO expensive but I simply, at this point in my life, cannot afford it.
I don' t think it' s expensive for what it is, if not for the fact that the PS3 future is in some question. A lot of cancellations of games for the machine, loss of exclusives, a generally expensive machine (esp as just a games machine and then more so if compared to wii/360. I can' t help wondering if this trend will continue or if, once the machine has launched everything, will be better again.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 05:59
The price doesn' t bother me, if I have faith in a console, since it' s a long term investment. You keep your console for a long time so a $200 difference won' t mean much in the long run. You' ll probably want to keep your console for at least five years. But since the future of the PS3 looks a little dark I' d rather make a small low risk investment with a 360 and wait to see how the PS3 will do.
I think many people that aren' t loyal Sony fans or have lots of money to spend feels the same.
$600 for a great machine is a good investment.
But if the PS3 can' t compete then $400 for a 360 is an even better investment.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 12 Aug 06 21:59:45 >
uumai

RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 13, 2006 06:12

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

The price doesn' t bother me, if I have faith in a console, since it' s a long term investment. You keep your console for a long time so a $200 difference won' t mean much in the long run. You' ll probably want to keep your console for at least five years. But since the future of the PS3 looks a little dark I' d rather make a small low risk investment with a 360 and wait to see how the PS3 will do.
I think many people that aren' t loyal Sony fans or have lots of money to spend feels the same.
$600 for a great machine is a good investment.
But if the PS3 can' t compete then $400 for a 360 is an even better investment.

Well put.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 14, 2006 07:37
no press, no rumors, no nothing, can stop PS3 from succes.This stupid world is all about brands.

If I' m wrong - I' ll be the happiest man alive.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 14, 2006 16:07
Sega was the king of the world once! but they have seen their downfall, next up might be sony, kinda like an imperial overstretch thing. If there' s anyhting to the 7 mortal sins, Sony is sure in for beating!
]GaNgStA[

RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 14, 2006 20:10
Nintendo would be a great example , but Sega never really ruled the world.

It does seem more likely this time for Sony to take a beating , but I wouldn' t seriously count on it.

Anyway - We should all buy PS3 on launch and sell it' s parts for profit.

this way sony looses 300$ and we earn 300$ - it doesn' t get better than this :)
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 14, 2006 21:53
Just incase anyone' s interested there' s some creed ingame screen shots opinions?.

http://www.playfrance.com/image6881-ps3-assassin-s-creed.aspx
]GaNgStA[

RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 15, 2006 00:49
looking good :)
uumai

RE: More bad press for Sony... - Aug 15, 2006 00:58
not bad, just hope it plays well.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages