Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Some comments from Sony.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Some comments from Sony. - Jan 18, 2006 19:04
Hirai first made comments about the system' s use of the Blu-ray format. As reason for SCE' s choice, he pointed to the availability of 50 gigabytes space on a two layer disk and also made note of high transfer rate. " Blu-ray' s high transfer rate and large space can recreate creator' s visions as they are," said Hirai.

Sony does expect game developers to use the format. Referring to the PlayStation 2, Hirai commented: " During the first year, CD-ROM was used 74% of the time while DVD-ROM was used 26%. However, five years later, CD-ROM was at 5% while DVD-ROM had become 95%." Sony expects a similar expansion for the use of BD-ROM in games.

Kutaragi let slip one bit about the PS3' s next generationness (it' s a word -- look it up!). According to Kutaragi, Sony is hoping to make the PlayStation 3 compatible with the next generation of HDMI output (HDMI is a type of connection that will likely be required for viewing movies in high definition). The current generation of HDMI offers 8-bit levels for each color channel. The next generation of HDMI will offer 16-bit levels. " It' s meaningless to process at 16 bit internally and then output at 8 bit," Kutaragi commented. " We' d like to have sixteen bit, or at the very least, 12 bit."

-IGN.com-

Another thing is that Tecmo President said that he praises Rev for interface , 360 for Online support and PS3 for power.Yu Suzuki also believes PS3 to have significant performance advantage over 360.

Why? I mean Sony said so - yes , but those specs (especially GPU) aren' t that impressive - comparing to 360.
Shit maybe I' m just wrong and the Cell alone gives incredible performance.
It is after all a CPU newer generation than G5 based 360 CPU.
It' s interesting - but pure speculation ...I can' t wait for some presentations :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll