Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Star Wars III
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Star Wars III - Aug 10, 2004 23:16

The Wookiee World in Episode III
Source: Official Site
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The new official " Star Wars" Homing Beacon newsletter talks about the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. Here are clips from the newsletter:

Finally, the Wookiee homeworld will be given the movie treatment in Episode III. " It' s a tropical, but cool planet," describes Concept Design Supervisor Ryan Church. " The only real directive we got from George is that they live in giant trees."

The end result will be a single city on Kashyyyk that straddles several massive trees. Though other published sources have explored the thickest areas of jungle canopy, Episode III' s location is on the shore of a tree-lined lagoon, offering greater visual dynamics and story potential.

In Episode III, Kashyyyk will be at war, and as such, the Art Department needed to develop Wookiee instruments of warfare. " We wanted it to look distinct from what the rest of the cultures in the Star Wars universe use," says Church. " Feng Zhu did a lot of these technical illustrations, and came up with a very unique aesthetic. I wanted to come up with a type of vehicle that implied that only a Wookiee could handle it. Like they took some kind of technology that' s out there, and they commandeered it and modified it for their own use."

" Revenge of the Sith" is scheduled for a May 19, 2005 release.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Star Wars III - Aug 11, 2004 05:20
Pretty cool. I still look forward to this movie... i doubt it will live up to expectations.. but yeah! thanks for the info.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Star Wars III - Aug 11, 2004 08:55
Ahhh the wookies. Wish i had a wookie friend....

My expectations are quite high for this film. Im most looking forward to the beautifully choreographed lightsaber duels that seemed to be lacking in Ep 2. Who wouldn' t want to see Vadar fight Obi ( again ) or the fall of the council? Lets just hope its done tastefully.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll