Star Wars III

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
  • Reward points : 0
Star Wars III - Aug 10, 2004 23:16

The Wookiee World in Episode III
Source: Official Site
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The new official " Star Wars" Homing Beacon newsletter talks about the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. Here are clips from the newsletter:

Finally, the Wookiee homeworld will be given the movie treatment in Episode III. " It' s a tropical, but cool planet," describes Concept Design Supervisor Ryan Church. " The only real directive we got from George is that they live in giant trees."

The end result will be a single city on Kashyyyk that straddles several massive trees. Though other published sources have explored the thickest areas of jungle canopy, Episode III' s location is on the shore of a tree-lined lagoon, offering greater visual dynamics and story potential.

In Episode III, Kashyyyk will be at war, and as such, the Art Department needed to develop Wookiee instruments of warfare. " We wanted it to look distinct from what the rest of the cultures in the Star Wars universe use," says Church. " Feng Zhu did a lot of these technical illustrations, and came up with a very unique aesthetic. I wanted to come up with a type of vehicle that implied that only a Wookiee could handle it. Like they took some kind of technology that' s out there, and they commandeered it and modified it for their own use."

" Revenge of the Sith" is scheduled for a May 19, 2005 release.

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: Star Wars III - Aug 11, 2004 05:20
Pretty cool. I still look forward to this movie... i doubt it will live up to expectations.. but yeah! thanks for the info.

jabronibasher
  • Total Posts : 119
RE: Star Wars III - Aug 11, 2004 08:55
Ahhh the wookies. Wish i had a wookie friend....

My expectations are quite high for this film. Im most looking forward to the beautifully choreographed lightsaber duels that seemed to be lacking in Ep 2. Who wouldn' t want to see Vadar fight Obi ( again ) or the fall of the council? Lets just hope its done tastefully.
Dashing through the store,
on a three wheeled shopping cart
sliding across the floor
avoiding kids and pots

Reaching for the games,
and taking out my cash
oh what fun will i have today
before my brain cells crash

HEY!
couldnt fit