Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 04:20
For some reason, the other Halo 3 at E3 thread was locked. Due to it' s supposed lack of validy.

No problem. So here' s confirmation that the title WILL be at E3...

" You mean the mythical Halo 3? I mean, it' s silly to deny its existence when the chairman of MS (Bill Gates) announced it, but I have nothing to announce now, but expect there to be a significant announcement at E3."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/703/703671p1.aspx

Hope that' s better.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 04:27
Well I wasn' t expecting anything less than some kind of announcement. I' m looking forward to it even though I' m no Halo-fan because I have a feeling that Halo3 will bring more than the previous games did.
Btw, why did your " Have Wii been Punk' d?! " get looked? Aren' t we allowed to speculate? Maybe we where on to something...
Nitro

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 04:30

Btw, why did your " Have Wii been Punk' d?! " get looked? Aren' t we allowed to speculate? Maybe we where on to something...

Wondered that myself.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 04:49
and the wii name change pertition thread... " freedom of speech" and all that...
< Message edited by uumai -- 29 Apr 06 21:01:23 >
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 04:57
Well, this forum is owned by a company though, or rather a man, Adam Doree. So we' re all here on his conditions. He has to make judgements that pleases both us and his affiliates so sometimes we have to follow his commands.
This isn' t exactly the streets of London, this is a forum on a commersial website.
uumai

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:04
Yeah, I know - was mostly joking, but some of them are strange to close down.
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:10
Yeah, some things Adam does sure are strange.
It would be a good idea if he first stated the reason for locking a thread. Or if he edited, or gave us a chance to, edit the posts that causes a reason to lock the thread.
Nitro

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:14
The other Halo one i can understand now because having gone back to where i found the story and read through the quotre again, it doesn' t sound realistic at all.

This quote by Shane Kim however is being reported on everywhere so hopefully this is better.

The petition one was MY fault because i forgot that we can' t post links to stuff like petitions here. That' s on me.

The " ..Punk' d" thread i don' t get. It was purely of speculative nature and wasn' t doing any harm. Was it?
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:26

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

The " ..Punk' d" thread i don' t get. It was purely of speculative nature and wasn' t doing any harm. Was it?

Maybe our speculations are actually the truth and that all major gaming sites know this but are cooperating with Nintendo so they make every effort to keep that kind of speculation away from the boards...
Nah! That can' t be it. What would Kikizo gain from that?
uumai

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:31
The conspiracy grows.. But I digress for fear of losing another thread...
Halo 3 - I' d like to see the trailer but really wasn' t nuts about Halo 2. I' m not really into FPS all that much but Halo was pretty good as Console FPS went, Number 2 was quite good to me unntil I had to play as that other thing... Played less than half the game before I got tired of it.

I really look forward to it, just to see what Bungie can do with the 360. Very exciting times.
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:36

ORIGINAL: uumai

But I digress for fear of losing another thread...

Don' t give in to fear.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side of the force...
It was a long time ago I watched a Star Wars movie so maybe I didn' t get that one right... any Star Wars freaks here?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:40
hate leads to suffering,suffering leads to ahum...darksde? :)
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:46
Hehe... freak...

*runs away from quetz chasing me with light-saber*
Nitro

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 05:52
Try to stay on topic guys. Halo 3.

Now, obviously they will show realtime ingame footage as a direct shot at Sony' s now notorious use of CG last year. Now, if Microsoft feel comfortable doing such a thing, even showing a trailer of similar length, then they have to have something REALLY impressive to show because Sony will almost certainly show Killzone in realtime.

It will be very interesting to see which game looks superior on the graphics front. I expect Bungie are working around the clock and have been for a while on a build to show at this E3.

You' ve seen the Cellfactor video?! Well i expect Halo 3 to look something like that but better.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 06:16
I really hope it is a trailer and they release it on xbox live to download, I don' t want to have to download stupid cams of it.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 06:48
MS is doing a great thing - Peter Moore said they' ll make gamers at home feel like they' re a part of E3 getting them Demoes and trailers to download.

I Think Halo 3 trailer on XBL (lasts 2 min) is a given.
ginjirou

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 06:53
What made the Cellfactor trailer look so impressive was the physics engine. Will Halo 3 use a similar or even the same?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 07:05
At this point anything below or on par with what we' ve seen so far (Oblivion,GRAW,Too Human and so on) will be a disappointment - it' s the most important game for 360 - It' s fair to say that it will use at least 80% of it' s potential.

And what' s more important, it' s going to fight with last years killzone trailer, so they need to pimp it as hard as they can.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 29 Apr 06 23:08:27 >
Nitro

RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 07:20

it' s the most important game for 360

I beg to differ. While i think that Halo 3 IS very important to 360, i think that Too Human and Gears of War specifically are MORE important.

Halo 3 is the final chapter in the Master Chief' s story as far as games are concerned and Too Human is going to be a trilogy, -- and Gears of War is a HUGE exclusive title that will showcase the most popular next-gen engine on 360.

Gears of War is as important to 360 as Halo was to Xbox and Too Human is going to be something else.

Halo 3, Gears of War and Too Human (amongst many others) are going to benefit from both XNA and DirectX 10 so you better believe that they are going to look fantastic!

Like i said, ad as Gangsta noted, -- Halo 3 is likely to be shown and aimed directly at the CG Killzone trailer from E3 2005. Killzone will also probably be shown ingame so Microsoft showing their hand now must be very confident about the title.

It' s fair to say that it will use at least 80% of it' s potential

Current potential sure. But 360 isn' t like Xbox, it' s going to be more and more accessible as time goes by so like PS2 you can expect graphical leaps along the way, especially because of the new generation of middleware.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Significant Halo 3 announcement at E3 - Apr 30, 2006 22:37

I beg to differ. While i think that Halo 3 IS very important to 360, i think that Too Human and Gears of War specifically are MORE important.

Halo 3 is the final chapter in the Master Chief' s story as far as games are concerned and Too Human is going to be a trilogy, -- and Gears of War is a HUGE exclusive title that will showcase the most popular next-gen engine on 360.

Gears of War is as important to 360 as Halo was to Xbox and Too Human is going to be something else.

...i thought the only way a game could be huge, was with a massive fan base of loyal die-hard fans, who eagerly await the next instalment in a massively successful franchise....

...you speak as if Gears of War and Too Human have nothing to prove.....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 30 Apr 06 14:48:30 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread