Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 04:35
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 04:48

He wrote it.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 08:54

Nintendo' s Wii will still end up as the number one next-generation system by year' s end

Thats a good guess..

Killzone Gameplay Almost Matches E3 ' 05 CG Trailer

Although No way it' ll match that trailer (not even Crysis on DX10 PC looked as good as that). If they are taking full potential of the PS3, it' ll no doubt wipe the floor ' graphically' with previous console FPS.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 29 Jan 07 0:56:38 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 14:10
His reasoning for the Wii being number 1 is exactly why i think it will be number 1, Its completely different experience to what the ps3 or 360 will be offering. Who ever is looking for graphics (in a console) must choose between the ps3 or 360. For those looking for something new and different there is no other option except the Wii.

In terms of graphics PCs will soon regain the ascendency over all consoles (if they haven' t already), with new CPUs (intel & AMD quad/multiplecore) and and GPUs (Nvidias new 8800 ATIs soon to be released Graphics card) being released neither the 360 or ps3 will be the place for ' state of the art' graphics. So if they wanted Killzone to look like the trailer it would have to be on the latest and greatest PC (quadcore CPU, SLI/Xfire GPU 4 gig ram - 10,000 rpm raptors in raid etc).
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 15:05

Wow. This is kinda sad.

What' s sad?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 18:39

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Killzone Gameplay Almost Matches E3 ' 05 CG Trailer

Although No way it' ll match that trailer (not even Crysis on DX10 PC looked as good as that). If they are taking full potential of the PS3, it' ll no doubt wipe the floor ' graphically' with previous console FPS.

Well, he never specified the graphics, but the gameplay. I think the best thing of the killzone trailer was how it made gameplay look. The way the AI would work with you etc sure they will try to get the gfx up there they certainly have had a good amount of time, especially by the time it comes out.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 19:11
The problem is that if the only similarity between the Killzone E3 2005 CGI Demo and the real game is the gameplay then thats a bad thing, because i' m pretty sure the 360 could achieve similar gameplay (even possibly the Wii). The main thing sony need to show is that the ps3 is capable of E3 2005 Killzone Demo graphics therefore setting it apart from the 360. They will have problems if they can' t.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 29, 2007 21:35
Sure they will try like they did with motorstorm to get the game to represent the video, but ultimately if the game kicks ass and looks as near to it as they can get then it' s a win. Because to spend all their time to make the game look like that an not focus on the more important aspects of how it plays etc, the game would be a dud.

Never wanted to play killzone, not a big fps fan. I' d love the game to look like sony showed, but I' d rather they make a great game.

I think most can agree the motorstorm looks decent and tries to capture the feel of the e3 demo, as such most people/reviews think quite highly of it.

I think the biggest issue at this point is that whilst the original looked good for a ps2, most people would agree that the game was not good. So they need to work on gameplay first.
< Message edited by uumai -- 29 Jan 07 13:40:41 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 30, 2007 01:10

Nintendo' s Wii will still end up as the number one next-generation system by year' s end

could be a possibility. Because i agree that it isn' t graphics alone that makes a system. The Wii new controller and interactive game play makes playing a game far more different than traditional consoles.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 30, 2007 05:42

I think the biggest issue at this point is that whilst the original looked good for a ps2, most people would agree that the game was not good. So they need to work on gameplay first.

Agreed.

Console FPS' s have not evolved much since the Xbox Days, it won' t be hard for the KillZone Devs to atleast make it play to the usual standards seen on todays console FPS' s.

In the Same way KZ Gameplay Needs to Evolve, so do other Big coming Titles IE ' Halo 3' .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 30, 2007 05:51
A huge fuss will be made over Killzone vs Halo 3, and yet both will be outdone by other FPS games. Killzone will look nicer than Halo 3 and Halo 3 will be the better all round game (probably due to the multi-player)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 30, 2007 06:56
& then all the PC snobs will pee on them both with their DX10 Crysis.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: IGN' s Sony ' 07 predictions - Jan 31, 2007 05:33

& then all the PC snobs will pee on them both with their DX10 Crysis.

While all of us logical people laugh at how pretty Crysis is and yet still boring.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll