Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huxley (360) first screens and official details
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 08:57
Another game for 360 that uses the Unreal Engine 3.0 ...

Only 360 will have a solo campaign, the PC version is online only. What is really interesting though is...

Players will be able to compete cross-platform, and will compete in many of the same challenges.

...meaning that even if you get the PC version, i can stick frag your ass into next week... I want to see more cross-platform gaming on 360, i think it would be really good if there was a PC version of Live.

One of the main differences comes with the territory that each version calls its own. Huxley' s world is made up of three cities, with " HLO City" being the exclusive location for 360 players. Those familiar with the PC version know that the massive 200-some player group battles happen outside the cities in battlezones anyway, so this structure looks to keep a good part of the fraternizing, item bartering, and relaxing specific to players on the same platform.

HLO City eh...

The single-player campaign -- exclusive to the 360 -- gives players a more traditional shooter experience, with level-based missions and standard run and gun gameplay. The twist to this mode is that it has ties to the MMO mode, so at certain points in the single-player game where you need a specific item, you can jump online and meet up with a friend to get the item, then head back to the single-player game.

Again, some nice cool features. As long as it works properly it' s good.

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822896&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822895&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822894&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822893&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822892&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822891&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822890&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2822889&type=lg[/image]

with the PC version scheduled for release at the end of this year and the 360 version on the way roughly six months after that

Damn!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 09:28
That looks awesome. By that time i' ll have a pretty sweet PC so it' ll be hard to decide between the 360 or PC version.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 09:54
i' m just wondering what kind of pc' s will run that game!!ig oblivion needs what it needs , 3ghz, 6800 gt for good performance, then what should we expect from that?, pc' s made a suuden jump in graphics and i' m wondering how it' ll cope withat.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 14:56
Seems like one of those games that they would leave something important out of
Like SEGA does so often with great games..
Not saying aything bad about it
I almost don' t belive the pics are real (of creature and out of town)

Yeah I might get this to show key and rat users that a controller is not inferior
just different focus...but those geeks will practice day and night to prove a point

not all of them geeks just the hard headed ones
nothing against them but...
< Message edited by Kannon -- 20 Apr 06 6:59:10 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 20:08
I agree abo,thats why i would choose 360 version anytime over pc.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 20:26
After being mostly a pc gamer, iv had to give up on it, unfortunately. the hardware prices are just too insane! I´like maxium res and details too much. my 9800XT cant keep up :(
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 20, 2006 22:45
The PC / Console controller argument had weight a few years ago with the xbox joybad and before, but with all the aesthetic and ergonomic compliments and awards the 360 controller (let alone the rev), but so many people are being converted (except counterstrike players!) just think about it,

keyboard is ditigal input, no real finesse, or minute movements possible, but plenty of buttons, not ergonomic at all, and not mobile, cant really play on your lap with it!

Mouse, one handed, few buttons mouse wheel and axis. Can be very precise, as we all use mice all day every day, but for the first time I' d rather have a 360 controller...

Central button to jump to the bios / dashboard at any time.
Headset plugs into wireless joypad, with volume
Two pressable analogue thumb sticks
Two very precise analogue triggers
8 other digital buttons
Full D pad

but that is STANDARD, yeah pc gamers can buy and configure, but you try going round to a mates with a custom BF2 setup - unplayable!

Your profiles on 360 follow you with your key configs, its standardised. So standard keyboard and mouse vs. 360 controller, I' m betting that keyboard and mouse is not the most natural interface between human and computer for such emotional and demanding experiences.

Hell, WASD is ingrained on my memory as much as driving a car, but if they were launching a car that was drivable via computer interface your dammn right they wouldnt use a keyboard for such interactive experiences! A joypad.. maybe..
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 21, 2006 02:08
Really looking forward to Huxley. The idea that the sp game mixes at points with the mmo aspect sounds pretty cool. I just hope it' s not like you' re wandering around in sp with noone around then suddenly the mmo bit triggers and theres hundreds of players jumping around and shouting a lot!

So I' d probably want the 360 version. Shame it comes out much later, but that only means they' ll have more time to fix stuff.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 21, 2006 02:17
that settles it... I' m getting a 360.
I can' t wait to see the real-time footage for this.
I dunno how sony is gonna top visuals like that. Hopefully, they' re not throwing the nicest bits at us, and then underwhelming us at launch, like alot of would-have- been amazing games that became, pretty good, but not as awesome. If only because the developers overhyped them. Only time will tell
Nitro

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 21, 2006 02:51
The visuals are courtesy of the Unreal Engine 3.0, which runs REALLY well on 360, ...but you can probably expect the final visual quality to actually look better than in those screenshots because they' ll be incorporating DX10 via XNA into the development environment later on. Somthing which Sony won' t be able to use.

There' s some inengine gameplay footage from the PC version lurking about. I' ll find it for you guys.

There are a couple of trailers here...

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1774

...but they' re not the ones i' m talking about. I' ll find it though!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 20 Apr 06 18:59:05 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 21, 2006 05:03
Hmm, watching some of the trailers. Love the artwork, but they' ve cheesified a lot of stuff during the realisation process. The main character looked much cooler in the artwork, one of the sapiens is yet another shaved headed dude(they all look the same!), the music and the whole ' cinematic action' thing put me off a bit, and even the way the guy says ' Huxleeeey' in a deep voice at the end worries me a little.

Most of the other stuff remains cool looking though, like the alternix race and the Hybrids. I' d hate for this to become yet another casual shooter...

EDIT: the newest trailer looks a lot better though! And theres an old vid of the PC version running here i think: http://www.huxleygame.com/huxley_movies.htm
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Apr 06 21:35:38 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 21, 2006 05:16
Since this is an MMO wont there be a certain amount of customizing to the characters? Or no?
Nitro

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 22, 2006 02:42
This game has HUGE potential!!!!

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 22, 2006 05:51
I' ve been drooling over this game for months. I don' t think I' m the only one either just to give you an idea of how many people are anxious about the release of this game, the dedicated Huxley (360) clan I' m in has reached over 115 members. For a game that won' t be release until next year. Its crazy, I can' t even turn on my 360 without getting invited to a GRAW or COD2 match from fellow clan members.

Don' t even bother getting the game if you want to win. We' re going to rape the noobs and other clans at the same time. Damn I can' t wait for this game.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 22, 2006 08:18
Hmmm huxley look more then awesome with its visual,but i dont feel like paying for a MMO over a console...
If a new FF game made a MMO over console..perhaps... but i doubt it very much.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 24, 2006 20:45
Play have got this game down for release on the 5th of may, any gen as to whether thats likely to be a firm date or not?

Excitement builds! :)
Nitro

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 24, 2006 21:13
Not likely. It' s due 6 months after the PC version, ...and that' s due later this year.

Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 00:26
Man I was hoping it did' t cost to go online but figured otherwise
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 04:02
Huxley looks fantastic and cross platform challenge???? whooooo ahhhhhh fans boys square off.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 06:41
*mimicking Vader during his failed attempt to freeze Luke in Carbonite*

...hmmmm..

...Impressive.....
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages