Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 01, 2006 05:25
Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=142342
(Short news)

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=13120&page=2
(Full interview)

& Ofcourse a Quote from Shenmue III part!

BIZ: Since we only have time for one more, let me throw in a question for all the hardcore gamers... Is Shenmue III ever going into production?

SS: I really can' t answer that, although I will say that we look very closely at our IP and a few days ago we [announced] the comeback of Golden Axe... and I know a Sega guy who worked here in the early ' 90s on Genesis and touched a lot of the core brands in a prior life, so having come back here in 2004 when we started to relaunch the company, part of our mission is to look at our library of IP and be real selective and smart about which ones we bring out, which ones are " next-genable" and creatively that we bring something new to the table with them. I never want to comment on any specific one, but that is a big part of our strategy... taking advantage of what we have, and of all companies in this industry, there aren' t very many that have as many great brands as Sega does across all of its hardware iterations as well as arcade IP.

Excusme, But it seems SEGA is intrested in PS3!
Hurry Up " Peter Moore!" Weren' t you the one that gave Shenmue II to Xbox?
, KAZ HIRAI can sell more PS3s just for Shenmue III,lol!
Just Imagine that SONY can sell more than 38000 PS3s just because of Shenmue III

http://www.petitiononline.com/shen1986/petition.aspx

< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 0:21:31 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 01, 2006 09:39
even though about 10 million hardcore gamers will want Shenmue 3, It will sell about 4 copies on launch.

Shenmue is a financial blackhole, and thats why Sega try to steer clear of it.
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 01, 2006 21:06
One question:

Why last months Yu said there are no current plans for SIII
but this time another realible man from SEGA doesn' t say there are no current plans?

Any answer?

By the way...I' m happy that the number of KIKIZO' s SIII article believers are growing.
< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 13:14:41 >
Silentbomber

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 01, 2006 23:10
Both have neither been confirmed or deyned it, all these people just walkaround the subject, like your man did above.

They are not devolping S3 yet, but are looking into it and dont want to say anything.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 00:26
Wtf is wrong with the world? How can a game like Shenmue 3 not be popular? It' s crazy! I hate this world! I hate you!
Silentbomber

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 00:49
To the Mainsteam audience it isnt popular, and thats the biggest Percentage of the game buyers.

But maybe you should be thankfull its not mainsteam. Imagine If Ea got hold of it, listening to EA trax while running around Shenmue 3-Land, getting yearly updates with little improvements. [Shenmue 2007....]

And instead of playing a Jap guy [Ryo] you play [Ric] from the ghetto after his ' pa' was sliped a few caps in his ass when a drug bust went wrong.

Land Di, would be the rival gang.

but forget all that, Just Look at the Graphics!
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:07
Shenmue could be popular enough if It wasn' t on DC & Xbox...
&This is the main problem that Shenmue had.

I hope this time SEGA release Shenmue for a more popular console.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:11
Shenmue would BOMB badly on a Sony console. Sony' s userbase simply wouldn' t take to that kind of game, especially after not playing the first and second games.

Like Bomber said, Shenmue is a financial blackhole in that it costs more to make than it actually brings in. The third game may never be made.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:14
Shenmue was fine on the Dreamcast. It was the perfect place to launch the series, and the original sold more than a 1 million units worldwide on the Dreamcast. Not a groundbreaking achievement but the final sales were respectable..

I agree that releasing it on the Xbox was the problem. I never really understood the reason why it was released there when the PS2 userbase is way more massive worldwide and if Sony marketed the game in the U.S. and Europe then it could have done well.

If they' re going to release Shenmue III exclusively for one of the next-gen platforms (which is what I don' t want) then I don' t want Shenmue III coming anywhere near the Xbox 360 until it does well in Japan.
ginjirou

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:25
I think Shenmue would' ve done fine on the PS2. Sony' s userbase is large and has varying types of people. Many of them are jap-freaks or simply very open minded. The original Xbox was more of a action gamer console. People who liked japanese games simply didn' t buy the Xbox.
But if you ask me PC' s would' ve been a great choice to make the series on, after the DC died that is. Everyone has a PC!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Jul 06 19:26:35 >
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:45
Exactly Mr.Bogard

First Xbox was the main murder of Shenmue, But Dreamcast wasn' t a popular console too.(Poor Suzuki, before DC' s death SEGA couldn' t have any choice for Shenmue except DC, I' m happy that these days they can have more options)

Yakuza for PS2 was a good decission.
(At least it could sold very well over Japan & that' s why Nagoshi san is so happy)

Again, I hope this time SEGA release Shenmue on a more popular console...
(I' m not saying PS3 or 360 or Wii)

...but I' m saying a more popular console and at the moment it seems many people will go to buy PS3 for MGS4, FF XIII and... all over the world.
(Specially Japan)

GOD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
(I see these days SEGA is intrested more in Sony' s consoles, Also they are so intrested in wii to release their cartoony titles such as Sonic, Monkey Ball and ...
poor MS....They even don' t want to give FULL AUTO 2 to MS because of low sales of first one)
< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 20:02:08 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 03:54
Will people all over the world go ps3?

You better be kidding me.

PS1 and PS2 sold extremly well and became mainstream thanks to piracy and cheap price on the console,now blu-ray will prevent piracy and that heavy pric tag from blu-ray player will make people in poor countries miss out on ps3 for many years.

Bye!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 1 Jul 06 19:55:07 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:05

They even don' t want to give FULL AUTO 2 to MS because of low sales of first one

Perhaps if they' d made it good then it would have sold. As it is, Sony can f**king have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc...

Full Auto was retarded!
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:07
Again...People (like me) are worry about PS3' s price.

Forget this price thing everyone...I' m sure many people have earned their money or will earn their money to get the upcoming PS3.

PS One and Two did well-Many people had them and most of them like to get PS3 too...(The popularity still is a big point for SONY' s next gen machine)
< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 20:12:01 >
ginjirou

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:09

ORIGINAL: alimn

Again...People (like me) are worry about PS3' s price.

Forget this price thing everyone...I' m sure many people have earned their moneys or will earn their money to get the upcoming PS3.

PS One and Two did well-Many people had them and most of them like to get PS3 too...(The popularity still is a big point for SONY' s next gen machine)

Yeah it' s too bad regular people don' t know shit about videogames...
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:14
Regular? read my full reply at next page
< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 20:47:10 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:43

Shenmue would BOMB badly on a Sony console. Sony' s userbase simply wouldn' t take to that kind of game, especially after not playing the first and second games.

U r such a xbox fanboy, they wouldnt like it??? quit the jokes, this game would do great in the PS3 and for the PS3´s sales
< Message edited by fernandino -- 1 Jul 06 20:47:49 >
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 04:52

ginjirou said:

Yeah it' s too bad regular people don' t know shit about videogames...

I was joking I' m not one of those regular peoples who don' t know many things from this industry.

If that hardware was released not with a PlayStation name " But under the Vaio brand, a Cell chip, Blu ray player and one of the most powerful NVIDIA' s GPUs for under 800 $, you' ll like to call it cheap. But in regular minds PS3 It' s so expensive.[:' (][:' (]

BTW just another new Warning!

Can the big guy keep his crown in the new generation?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716144p1.aspx

Analysts are warning again

I have too many freinds that they are only intrested in SONY consoles and they want to play Shenmue so bad....excusme Where is Shenmue comefrom?

Japan...again excusme Which console Japanese like?

the answer is PS.(xbox is suitable for top western games not Top japanese titles)
< Message edited by alimn -- 1 Jul 06 21:01:12 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 06:55

They even don' t want to give FULL AUTO 2 to MS because of low sales of first one)

If any of you ever become developers always make for PS3..

FUll Auto is going for PS3 becase believe it or not, M$ fanboys are very fussy
about what they buy.

They don' t buy crap and full auto sweats it by the bucketloads. Where as on a
Sony console, they will lap it up, because they buy anything.

The danger of releasing Shenmue on a PS3 is that it may be very bad, but still
make millions, where as X-box consoles are filters for bad games, and only a
few good ones shine.

Multi-format games will always do best on the PS3 like that dog awful Sonic
Heroes, at the top of the UK charts for weeks because it was PS2 that was getting
most sales...

The game was retarded and crap and Cream is gay.
ginjirou

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 07:07

I have too many freinds that they are only intrested in SONY consoles and they want to play Shenmue so bad....excusme Where is Shenmue comefrom?

Japan...again excusme Which console Japanese like?

the answer is PS.(xbox is suitable for top western games not Top japanese titles)

Well actually, lately the japanese have been very negative about the PS3 and so has the japanese developers. If you want Shenmue to be released on a console the japanese like, it would be the Wii.
The PS2 was good. The PS3 is looking bad.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message