Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 08:04

Well actually, lately the japanese have been very negative about the PS3 and so has the japanese developers. If you want Shenmue to be released on a console the japanese like, it would be the Wii.
The PS2 was good. The PS3 is looking bad.

yeah...famitsu readers say that PS3 is expensive and wii is cool...

see how the portable competition is going? DS isn´t as powerful as PSP but DS is winning thanks to great software....japanese love nintendo

The original Xbox was more of a action gamer console. People who liked japanese games simply didn' t buy the Xbox.

*aham*...i love japanese games but i didn´t like how sony turned game making into garbage sequel making...so after dreamcast i bought xbox...most of my xbox games are from japanese developers such as: Otogi, Onimusha, Project Zero (fatal frame), ninja gaiden, crimson skies, MGS2 (which wasn´t that good) and DOA3.

Sure xbox didn´t have many good japanese titles but neither had sony...sony can have many more titles but xbox had less but a good number of AAA titles which justified my acquisition of xbox...

about next-gen i am more into Wii than the others right now but i still like 360.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 02, 2006 08:50

I have too many freinds that they are only intrested in SONY consoles and they want to play Shenmue so bad....excusme Where is Shenmue comefrom?

Japan...again excusme Which console Japanese like?

the answer is PS.(xbox is suitable for top western games not Top japanese titles)

And yet SEGA didn' t think that way with Shenmue 2...

The Japanese audience wouldn' t cover the cist of making the game and Sony' s westesrn audience buy games like GTA en mass.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Jul 06 0:53:42 >
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 03, 2006 00:02
Therefore some of U are saying that Shenmue can be more successfull if they release it on Wii

Ok...here is something for you that I believe it can' t be true

http://www.highoctave.net/

This news posted when everyone was calling Nintendo' s next gen
" Revolution" not Wii

Apr 26, 2006

Shenmue for Revolution?

Famitsu have been busy lately, haven' t they? The latest Sega news has a direct port of the original Dreamcast Shenmue appearing on the Revolution. Again, this is unconfirmed, but if it were true I know of a few people who would fall off their chairs in joy. But really, wouldn' t we rather Shenmue III? Just asking.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 03, 2006 00:30
I' d rather play Shenmue 3 than the old games BUT if the previous games become popular on a next-gen console then Sega will gain enough confidence and profit to make Shenmue 3 so ports of the previous games should be a good thing.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Jul 06 16:30:54 >
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 03, 2006 06:18

I' d rather play Shenmue 3 than the old games BUT if the previous games become popular on a next-gen console then Sega will gain enough confidence and profit to make Shenmue 3 so ports of the previous games should be a good thing.

same here
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 03, 2006 23:15
Subject:Why SEGA didn' t give FULL AUTO 2 to MS? Is SEGA intrested more in PS3?

ORIGINAL:Tiz

FUll Auto is going for PS3 becase believe it or not, M$ fanboys are very fussy
about what they buy.

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Perhaps if they' d made it good then it would have sold. As it is, Sony can f**king have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc...

Full Auto was retarded!

What about Ridge Racer?
360 also missed Ridege Racer 7 because of PS3[:' (]

I think some Japanese publishers are going to decrease the amount of their top titles for 360 because " PS3 is borning" , also wii is coming for more cartoony based genres...Mario-like titles love wii.

Poor 360...They even didn' t give Full Auto 2, Ridge Racer 7 and ... to you...
" Their first next gen parts was yours but now SONY is steeling them)
They' re killing you from now like my beloved DC that was playing a real rule to finish the story-line of Shenmue but SONY didn' t let.
< Message edited by alimn -- 3 Jul 06 15:22:21 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 03, 2006 23:42

Poor 360...They even didn' t give Full Auto 2, Ridge Racer 7 and ... to you...
" Their first next gen parts was yours but now SONY is steeling them)
They' re killing you from now like my beloved DC that was playing a real rule to finish the story-line of Shenmue but SONY didn' t let.

There have been a lot of scary people lately..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 00:01
alimn please say that you joke?
Full auto was truly a crap game,that isn' t even worth testing on the XBL market place.

Ridge Racer 6 was medicore,why would 7 be any better?

Trust me those titles arn' t special.
Games like Alan wake and Gta4 is that though.
Tiz

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 00:12
I think he means GoW 2 is going to PS3!!!

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 00:13
Ms is paying for gears of war,and cliffy has talked about making a sequal to 360.

He make no sense whatsoever.

Ps3 get unreal 2007 instead.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 00:45

Ps3 get unreal 2007 instead.

UT2007 will make it to 360 later next year once the PS3 exclusivity period ends. Microsoft have a 4 game deal with Epic, Gears is the only game officially announced, UT2007 is another and the third is likely ti be another Unreal Championship game.

The 4th could easily be a Gears sequel.

What about Ridge Racer?
360 also missed Ridege Racer 7 because of PS3

The 360 version didn' t sell very well because it f**king sucked, just like Full Auto!

There hasn' t been a good console Ridge Racer since Type 4. Even the PSP version was better than 7.
Tiz

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 00:56
People move games to SOny because their brand is strong. Like a sewage dump,
there is a lot of sh!t on a sony console.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 04, 2006 02:31
I' d be happy with a dodgy port of an earlier platforms version of the code...

I just want to conclude the story - It' s the worst possible form of media drip.. drip.. torture!

Anyone want to join me in in stealing the plot documentation and then illegally developing it as a DC title!!?

Then I' ll go to jail proud to have liberated SEGA' s persecuted fanbase!
alimn

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 06, 2006 03:10
LOL! it seems no
VinnyGT19

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 06, 2006 14:04
I find that I almost have to stop reading Shenmue 3 ' news' because it' s all a big freaking tease. There is no other game in the world that I want more than an epic, awesome Shenmue 3. It' s a tragedy that the mainstream gaming audience just didn' t get how MONUMENTALLY AWESOME the first two games are.

I mean, a martial arts RPG, with an incredible, deep battle system, lovable and hilarious English voiceover (IMHO, I have also played through and enjoyed the original Japanese voice acting, but " hey mister, you wanna wrestle?" -- priceless). In that respect, I believe Shenmue is the modern day equivalent of River City Ransom (for those that enjoyed this game back in the NES days). I might have to fire up the Dreamcast for some 70 man battle in a few minutes (personal best under 4 minutes, but I might be a bit rusty).

It really makes me mad that Microsoft made a big deal out of making Shenmue 2 an Xbox exclusive, and it' s not been made backwards compatible with the Xbox 360. Instead we have such gems as Shamu' s Deep Sea Adventures, Barbie™ Horse Adventures™ Wild Horse Rescue™, Cabela' s® Deer Hunt™ 2005 Season, and who could forget Judge Dredd®: Dredd vs. Death™. How hard could it be, IIRC it was a port that was not ' enhanced' with any special Xbox features. I will volunteer myself to playtest the 360 emulator/HLE interpreter/however the hell you are working this backwards compatible magic.

Please, everyone email backcomp@microsoft.com and tell them that you want Shenmue 2 represented. The Shenmue 2 graphics were already awesome, I would love to see Aberdeen with the polygon models sharpened and textures cleaned up in HDTV on my brand new 360.
Tiz

RE: Sega' s Steinberg talks Shenmue III, PS3 and more! - Jul 06, 2006 22:47
Shenmue on HD would be: :-]
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages