Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 now we understand why zelda got delayed!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: now we understand why zelda got delayed!! - Dec 26, 2005 01:56
Revolution might have hundreds of launch titles if you can download old games for your virtual console at launch
..if you can call it launch titles....
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: now we understand why zelda got delayed!! - Dec 26, 2005 18:07
You can' t. Also I have a hard time paying to download something I can not have physically. What if the Revolution memory gets wiped somehow? Will they let you re-download the games again? Forever and ever long after the Revolution goes away?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Dec 05 2:07:53 >
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: now we understand why zelda got delayed!! - Dec 26, 2005 21:17
They' re not going to start optimising it now...

Twilight Princess as we' ve seen it definitely hasn' t shown a graphical shift worthy of the Revolution. I' m aware that this particular shift isn' t going to be as noticeable as that of the PS2 to PS3, Xbox to Xbox 360 transitions, but there would certainly be a notable leap in visuals.
Granted, it would make sense to have a Revo-primed Zelda title in the wings at launch. Gamers are savvy enough these days to know that a Mario/Link combo is just as fearsome as the prospect of playing as Solid Snake, or Tidus Inferior (or whatever that new FF-XII guy is called...).

Miyamoto has stated Twilight Princess has been delayed for implentation of exciting new gameplay features, which may very well be gyroscopic in nature, but I think you only need to take a look at the game to see it' s ' Cube-bound.

With backwards compatibility not an issue, it doesn' t really make a difference to Nintendo which console they release it on. In fact, in the absence of Revolution-specific Zelda title, it seems infinitely more profitable to release the game on the GameCube, taking full advantage of their current installed userbase for this generation of hardware, not to mention currying up some love for the next-gen platform.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: now we understand why zelda got delayed!! - Dec 27, 2005 10:54
Haven' t you ever payed for something you can' t have physically, like a month of Wow or something? Mp3 files?
I think Nintendo will work it out somehow. The easiest way would be if everyone got a user account where all their purchases are displayed and where you can download your files multiple times (kind of like when you download PSP material on yourpsp.com)
I think Zelda will be a huge hit regardless of which console it is released for. And since the Revolution is such an different console than others, I don' t think a Zelda game would be the best possible release title. Good release titles are games that show how the controller works in a good way. After everyone has been impressed, they can release a deeper game like Zelda or whatever. Starting off with a Zelda game is to difficult and that' s why I kind of like the idea that Twilight Princess just have some parts that are Rev-compatible. I think Smash Brothers is a good choice of release title.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message