Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:02
Ginjrou who do you hurt when you watch the tele for hours or play games.

Yourself?
How?
You' re wasting your time or what do you mean?`
That is highly subjective,if someones hobby is gaming why should he be restrickted to 3 hours sessions?

The gov is just fucked up in CHina.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:15
but if we' re not careful other countries' supposedly more liberal governments (i.e. UK or US) who are ignorant of gaming will try something like this under the pretence of ' protecting children'
QuezcatoL

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:18
Liberal has always stood for that the goverment should stay away as much of peoples lives as much as possible,sure the start of liberalism was basicaly rich dudes who wasn' t noble and wanted to make more money while trading but still,the ideas are " great" and everyone should be a bit liberal.

And not be a slave or drone for the fucking goverment which is the new nobles in our time
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Apr 07 23:18:59 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:29
I agree with Quez, I would never let somebody else tell me what to do and how long I should spend on whatever I want. Its my Life and I dont work for you, Get your Nose out of my Affairs.
But this is slightly different, first of all it applys to kids, second of all its becoming an epidemic in China, They must take drastic measures inorder to avoid Worse consequences of a non-stop online population.

I dont like the moral apsect of what they are doing, but I guess its the only way, as they say man needs to be safed from himself.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:31

No, but they should limit the overall access to unhealthy food, and this is something that lots of governments do. For example, they' re taking away candy in some schools in the states and stuff.

Yeah, that' s a good point but we have age ratings which are supposed to help parents determine which games may be unhealthy for their children.

I suppose that' s where the ignorance kicks in. A lot of parents take little interest in the actual content of the games their kids are playing and they' d probably be pretty shocked if they did.

A free country you say? Freedom is an illusion. And it' s also a point of view. People concider freedom the ability do to what THEY want. But they never think about what consequences their actions and freedom has on other people.

Woah! That' s a potentially massive are for debate. Not sure that I' ve got the energy to even go there

Liberal has always stood for that the goverment should stay away as much of peoples lives as much as possible.

Count me in as a liberal then.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 07:50
Freedom is an illusion. In the UK we have a government that represents itself as a liberal one yet has allowed the highest concentration of cctvs in any civilised nation, has legislated any number of ' thought police' legislation and is trying to allow the police to lock up anyone without trial if they are deemed to be a danger to public order. I worry about how gaming will be perceived in years to come with this sort of quasi-fascist government if it is deemed to be in the ' public interest' to restrict adult access to games in order to try and protect children.
QuezcatoL

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 08:20
Well I guess 3hours per day over nothing is atleast something in a country like China.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 14:41
My only problem with the fat debate is that it really affects nobody. Fat people are heavily scrutinized for their appearance despite the fact they may contribute more to society than a " healthy" person. Most of the arguments of, " taking up space in airplanes," or " driving up the cost of healthcare" hold no water when put under the microscope. It' s not like standing next to a fat person will cause diarrhea or heart disease.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 14:42

Liberal has always stood for that the goverment should stay away as much of peoples lives as much as possible,sure the start of liberalism was basicaly rich dudes who wasn' t noble and wanted to make more money while trading but still,the ideas are " great" and everyone should be a bit liberal.

And not be a slave or drone for the fucking goverment which is the new nobles in our time

True liberalism as libertarianism, so to speak.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 16:04
I don' t really care what happens in China.
Evil Man

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 16:07

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Chinese girls are pretty hot. It' s too bad they don' t age very well though...

Neither do white women.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 16:07

Neither do white women.

Hush before I stab you in the jaw.

edit: Anyone know what part of that quote is from? You should be able to get it Masterchef.
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 15 Apr 07 8:08:50 >
Evil Man

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 16:10
It' s true.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 18:45
All age restriction laws like this are the result of the same thing, parents failing to be the parents they are supposed to be.

We shouldn' t be complaining that China is implementing such an intrusive law, we should be asking why the government feels it has to do so.

Think about it. Kids getting addicted to games is a behavior issue. Who' s responsible for the behavior of kids?

Kids are fatter than ever before and getting fatter (and yes, it does cause health problems). Who' s supposed to be controlling what kids eat?

Personally I don' t think there should be any laws regulating what kids do. Instead, hold the parents responsible for every action of their spawn.

I know the complaint. Parents just don' t have the time to monitor their kids. I' d like to see that theory tested. Start throwing a few fines at parents for irresponsible parenting, and then we' ll see if they can make the extra effort required to raise a child properly.

And no women age well. They all turn wrinkly and ugly. But if you' ve found the right woman, by the time that happens it won' t matter.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 19:08

Ginjrou who do you hurt when you watch the tele for hours or play games.

Yourself?
How?
You' re wasting your time or what do you mean?`
That is highly subjective,if someones hobby is gaming why should he be restrickted to 3 hours sessions?

Not all people hurt themselves but lots of children have become addicted to videogames and a great amount of children are having decreasing results in school because of their interest in videogames.
I wouldn' t care about people who played videogames 24/7 if it didn' t affect them. Of course they' re other hobbies that might cause a similar distraction from day to day duties but videogames is one of the biggest problems among children and one that' s easily helped.

We' re either a slave to our government or a company that employs us. If not to that then to the board of the company we own. Or to our women or someone else. We are always slaves no matter how much we try escape.
The good thing about being a slave to the government is that it keeps society strong. Without society, we wouldn' t be much by now. Just a bunch of cavemen killing each other. We sacrifice a part of our freedom for the sake of living in peace. Because when people get to much freedom they tend to do awful things.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Apr 07 11:14:08 >
QuezcatoL

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 15, 2007 20:32
GInjour you should move back in time to the feudalism system then.

Can you be as a slave to an company? sure you can,but here is the great thing with liberalism and capitalism nobody force you to work for any company,like with communism.
If you think your work sux as,create your own or search a new on.

Bye bye!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 15 Apr 07 12:33:29 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 00:16
Yeah... what you guys said.

I definately didn' t expect this to become a deep debate on social & political freedoms in the western world, but by all means, carry on.

Seriously though Dagashi, what was that quote from? It' s great.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 04:03
Great, this discussion has reminded me that i' m back in the office tomorrow morning. Thanks!

10 weeks until i' m back in Canada...
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 04:32

Kids are fatter than ever before and getting fatter (and yes, it does cause health problems). Who' s supposed to be controlling what kids eat?

Why is this important? Why should people take an active role in other people' s lives? Person A being fat does not affect person B unless it' s specifically job related. In any other circumstance, it doesn' t matter at all.
< Message edited by DontPeeOnBilly -- 15 Apr 07 20:33:20 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 08:54

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

Why is this important? Why should people take an active role in other people' s lives? Person A being fat does not affect person B unless it' s specifically job related. In any other circumstance, it doesn' t matter at all.

I was refering to parent/child relationships. Kids aren' t getting fatter because more junk food is available. They' re getting fatter because parents are letting them eat that food.
Adults can be fat asses all they want, but it' s a basic responsibility of a parent to raise a healthy child. And, since fat ass kids aren' t healthy, the failure lies primarily with the parent.

Same rule for videogame addiction.

I' m reminded of the infamous " chocolate milk" xbox live conversation that was floating around the web for a while. The one where the kid is screaming at his mom because he didn' t want to stop playing. Prime example of a shitty parent.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message