Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS about to hit a knock out punch?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 09:40

ORIGINAL: Byakko

You' re a moron.

Oh you sad little boy with the grade school vocabulary.

Flooded with Final Fantasy clones? And how many of those sold well. Oh, that' s right none, because they are all garbage compared to the real thing.

Dragon Quest alone matches Final Fantasy in terms of sales (in Japan, it surpasses it) and gameplay. The Tales series isn' t spectacular but they make good money. The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series with its avant garde story and art style also does very well. The Suikoden series have started to revisit its roots in large-scale strategic battles and continues to do well enough. The Shadow Hearts series is also excellent.

I could go on, but apparently, I just effectively ' pwned' you. Don' t mess with someone who actually plays JRPGs.

many games that are as " good" as GTA, because GTA has no substance

If you are going to quote Just Cause; wow, you are so sad. Just Cause only had one thing going for it. It' s grappling gun, which didn' t work on ALL objects except vehicles. The rest of the game was a near random but fun mess.

Saints Row comes close to GTA standard because it was basically a GTA clone with Next-Gen fixings. However, it loses out in story and the overall world concept compared to GTA. It did however, have excellent on-foot aiming.

it' s selling point isn' t gameplay it is the violence

I don' t dispute that violence and lots of it help to sell GTA. However, if GTA III hadn' t employed the revolutionary ' sandbox' style of gameplay, which basically helped GTA created its own genre of the open-world concept, it would' ve been just another gangster game; or at least the first in many.

However, violence also exists in God of War, in a much greater dose as it is. Does that make it a bad game? Or simply a violent one that' s extremely good?

In that case, isn' t it the same with the GTA series?

Wow, you really ARE a complete moron. Dragon Quest is a FF clone? Persona is an FF clone? Tales is an FF Clone? SUIKODEN is an FF Clone?

Do you even know enough about games to know what a " clone" is? Go jump off a bridge, you are a retard.

Clones = games that blatantly rip off other games. Not games in the same genre you fucking retard. LMAO @ this dipshit.

Examples of clones, and not clones:

Banjo Kazoie = Mario 64 Clone.
Sonic Adventure = NOT Mario 64 clone, it' s in the same genre, not a clone, learn the difference you stupid fuck.

Sega GT = Gran Turismo Clone.
Gran Turismo = NOT Mario Kart Clone, they are both racers, doesn' t mean they are clones you stupid fuck.
Crash Team Racing = Mario Kart Clone, its the same shit a blatant rip off, THIS is what a clone is. Dumbass.
Ridge Racer = NOT Mario Kart clone, again - same genre, not a clone, stupid fuck.
Tekken = Virtua Fighter Clone
Super Smash Brothers = must also be a Virtua Fighter clone, since it' s a fighter, right? You stupid piece of shit? STFU.

You are a waste of time.

The closest clone of final fantasy to be barely semi-succesfull was shadow hearts, everything else that clones FF has failed miserably, everything you listed is vastly different from FF, comparing Suikoden to FF is like comparing Mario Kart to Gran Turismo, you' re an idiot. And SH was different enough from FF for it to even be considered a clone by most anyhow, but is the only thing I can think of that comes close enough to being a clone.

Go play more GTA clones before you even come back here to argue with me, you' ve played like 2 games, go play scarface, god father, etc. You know nothing. Besides direct clones there also many games that copied what made GTA unique at the time, the huge areas, games of other genres like Jak II, Hulk, etc. people are used to settings like that now and aren' t going to be impressed with another wide open city gangster shooting game.

Is it going to sell well? Sure. But it' s not going to define this generation, something new will. It will become like other generation defining series like Metal Gear Solid, Mario 64, Gran Turismo or Zelda OOT, they turned the PS1/N64 generation upside down, and that' s it, the sequels were great, sold well, but they didn' t and will not ever have the impact they had in the 32 bit era, GTA will be similiar, people will buy it but it' s not the game that this generation will be remembered for.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 29 Mar 07 2:13:55 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 10:09
I' m not a big fan of the GTA series, but I' ll say this about it. What sets it apart is not the indulgence in violence, and there are lots of copycat games that have improved upon GTA' s shitty animation and flabby, glitchy, loose controls. What sets it apart is that its scriptwriting is far and away better than any of its imitators. The satire is top-notch and makes its imitators seem stupid and bland by comparison.

Having said that, I' ll acknowledge that most of that satirical content probably flies way over the heads of the millions of teenagers who have fueled its meteoric rise to prominence, but the brand name is quite powerful and I don' t expect to see it knocked out of first place in its genre this year.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 10:22

people are used to settings like that now and aren' t going to be impressed with another wide open city gangster shooting game.

Thats what iv been saying since Vice City, but retards just keep buying the same game over and over again
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 14:47
Its allowed to be nice in threads Evil Man, even when you dont agree! Your usage of bad launguage just shows an inability to argue and get points through, i stopped reading at stupid fuck!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 21:35
Oh Evil, ...we all know you love your Xbox 360...

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 21:36
I enjoy evil mans posts... GTA IV will probably not break any gound not like gta 3. buti want to see the trailer out of sheer curiosity, beyond that it can go back to being the very weak game i disliked on the ps2... short of the driving around at least
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 23:09

ORIGINAL: uumai

I enjoy evil mans posts...

Ditto. Most people take his insults way too seriously. He' s smarter than most people give him credit for and he makes valid points.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 23:49
Yeah well, Evil Man kicks ass but he is an ass himself so...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 00:22
I have nothing against Evil Man, he' s more entertaining then the rest of you fucks. I' ll take the class clown before a straight A student any day.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 01:30
The " Is evil man good or bad" thing is getting old guys. Let' s get back on topic if you don' t mind.

Anything that Rockstar did for the industry with sandbox style gameplay, they undid with their lame attempt at sex-controversy. Nobody in games liked the game more because of it, but senators across the US went into a mad anti-game frenzy. I' m not supporting their lame endeavors. Maybe when they turn out something other than " Hoe-Killa 3000" or um... Table Tennis. I' d give that a demeaning name too but...

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 02:46
Hey you forgot their work of art....Bully, your not going to tell me that is the same as GTA are you?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 03:15

Hey you forgot their work of art....Bully, your not going to tell me that is the same as GTA are you?

I would' ve gotten that had it come out for the first Xbox like it was originally slated to.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 10:02
I' ve never played Bully, no interest.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 10:20

I' ve never played Bully, no interest.

Why would anybody? It sounds like something an 8 year old with no friends would play(no offense to those who play it
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 11:00

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I have nothing against Evil Man, he' s more entertaining then the rest of you fucks. I' ll take the class clown before a straight A student any day.

So Agent Ghost, where would you like to take Evil Man?
< Message edited by Terrak -- 30 Mar 07 3:04:13 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 12:06

So Agent Ghost, where would you like to take Evil Man?

*Sigh* People can' t resist provoking me... Are you already bored with your Wii?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 30 Mar 07 4:08:50 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 30, 2007 12:53
HEHEH, if i could bring it to work i would. Anyway I thought you liked clowns
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 31, 2007 00:39

Bully was decent, I' ll give them that, now if only they had that sort of creativity in their GTA games. It' s the same lame sh*t over and over again, & I know that sells. But where' s the originality people?!

HEHEH, if i could bring it to work i would. Anyway I thought you liked clowns

What on Gods green earth can you still be playing?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 30 Mar 07 16:41:06 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread