Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights]
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Mar 31, 2007 07:32
Adam is vindicated again!

But meh, Sonic Team!? I always give them the benefit of the doubt because it' s Sonic Team but if they screw this up i' ll never forgive them. NiGHTS remains one of my favorite games (although it' s a while since i' ve played it) and fondest gaming memories.

This needs to be perfect. It needs to look good (and from what i can tell it does) and it needs to control like a dream.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Mar 31, 2007 07:43
just wish they would remake xmas nights for playstation 3 and360
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Mar 31, 2007 10:05

Looks no better than the saturn version!

You' re tripping. With all due respect to the great Saturn, its graphics were far more chunk-style than these screens. Looks nice and weird to me.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Mar 31, 2007 23:12
Looks really good.
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 00:47

So when Whoever-san says that Shenblah this that or the other, you know that sometimes, what a game company says, and what it is actually doing, are not necessarily always the same thing.

Yes! Mr.Doree, I agree with you on what you said in KIKIZO' s new NiGHTS article.
You were right about " NiGHTS" !(I remember when in that SEGA' s big announcement you said that NiGHTS is in the internal works)

Therefore Shenmue fans shouldn' t lost their hopes ...
hopefully KIKIZO' s Shenmue III article will come true!

Shenmue III will be ready for NEXT GEN, yay!

Regards-Alimn
< Message edited by alimn -- 31 Mar 07 16:53:44 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 01:10
Nights wasn' t that great, to me it was mildly entertaining, too short, and too childish, I' d rate it 7/10

I want some original Shining Force sequels, not that spin off action adventure crap they keep making, a real SRPG. If they' re going to start bringing back dead franchises at least bring back the good ones.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 03:22

ORIGINAL: alimn

You were right about " NiGHTS" !(I remember when in that SEGA' s big announcement you said that NiGHTS is in the internal works)

Don' t forget that Adam also said 360 would get VF5 long before it was announced.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 03:36
It' s like he' s got insider contacts or something.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 03:37
Well in that case, can' t adam say that all sonic games frm here on out will be 2.5d??
That a new burning rangers game will go to ps3 and 360?

And I agree about the shining force, i loved SF3 on the saturn, the new action rpgs suck ass. Played SF EXA recently and what a chore to play.

As for this new NiGHTS, i think the visuals are very poor, and only more makes me wish it had gone to the more powerful systems - However i am quite sure sega will find a way to screw it up, as usual
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 17:25
Seriously what' s with everyone.

The screens aren' t that bad. They look better than screens I saw in magazines for TP those looked rather bad and in game I found them good enough.

Also remember that these images have been scanned aswell adding a bit more to the quality loss. NiGHTS' s texture could use some work, up the graphics a bit more and add some nice lighting effects and it will look great once in motion.

And even if it would look like that in game I wouldn' t care as long as SEGA gets the gameplay, level design and the NiGHTS feeling down.
Stunning graphics in this game are just a nice bonus then.

Let' s just hope they don' t screw this up. Cause if they do I forsee a certain building burning to the ground in Japan
< Message edited by Demonoroth -- 1 Apr 07 9:29:38 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 17:40
Just play the good ol' games on your trusty Saturn and forget about sequels.
The Wii-mote is good and all but what can compete with the Saturn pad eh?
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 19:01

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth
Let' s just hope they don' t screw this up. Cause if they do I forsee a certain building burning to the ground in Japan

Yeah although apparently it' s being made in America by Soic Team' s USA division. So anyone in the Bay Area, you know where to go...
Demonoroth

RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 01, 2007 21:26

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Just play the good ol' games on your trusty Saturn and forget about sequels.
The Wii-mote is good and all but what can compete with the Saturn pad eh?

Don' t have a trusty Saturn so that ain' t gonna work I' m afraid and I don' t feel like paying almost 100$ for NiGHTS alone and then having to pay some more for a saturn.

I hope it gets on the Virtual Console or that they just add the original as a little something extra.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 02, 2007 02:14
Wait a sec. Weren' t the USA division responsible for the pile of crap knows as Shadow The Hedgehog?
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 02, 2007 18:08
NiGHTS is a sega property, therefore the only way that NiGHTS will ever appear as a sequel will be as a game developed by Sega. Sonic Team is clearly the best suited Sega developer for the job. AM2 is an arcade company, Nogoshi and his crew make their own IPs. Sonic Team has the most connection to the original NiGHTS and they are internal at Sega.

Also, prope? Newsflash: Sonic Team made subpar products WAY before Yuji Naka or prope ever existed. Don' t think that the man with the name has any better ideas than anybody else at that office. He did create NiGHTS, but he also created the first Sonic, and his responsibility, at least in some role, for the 3D sonic era remains well documented and proof positive that prope doesn' t have the recent reputation to warrant anybody suggesting they take the helm of NiGHTS over Sonic Team.

So bitch and moan all you want, but if you want NiGHTS 2, this is your only shot. Also, don' t whine about Sega somehow ruining NiGHTS. NiGHTS stands on its own merits and should be judged by that alone. While Sonic has a reputation as a terrible entity right now, you' ll be hard pressed to find anybody who isn' t a fanboy/idiot who considers the original Sonic games to be bad, let alone as bad as the 3D era.

/Infuses sense into the thread
Demonoroth

RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 03, 2007 01:16
IGN says NiGHTS has been confirmed. Can' t find any Sega announcement anywhere though.
Gamespot doesn' t have any news on it either.

If this is an april' s fool I' m gonna be pissed.

Scratch that. Sega announced it. It' s on Sega of America website. Could be on Europe already aswell but can' t go on that site with my Wii.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 2 Apr 07 17:25:35 >
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 03, 2007 01:42
What is NiGHTS doing in the magazine cover? Is he playing an air-flute?

I want some original Shining Force sequels, not that spin off action adventure crap they keep making, a real SRPG. If they' re going to start bringing back dead franchises at least bring back the good ones.

Wow, I' m actually agreeing with Evil Man. That' s weird. I bought Resurrection of the Dark Dragon thinking that it would be nice to play Shining Force on portable (I' d never played the Game Gear ones), but they couldn' t even make a decent remake of the original. Just porting it would have been better.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 03, 2007 23:16
Official title is Nights:Journey Into Dreams....and my god! what if sega dump their crappy techno music into the game!?!?!

I fucking hate you sega!!!!
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 05, 2007 03:20
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO [New Nights] - Apr 05, 2007 04:59
Dead Saint: Quit being a complete douchebag. You act as if Sega making a sequel to one of their most popular games is a travesty because you feel that " they" (meaning the entirety of Sega, ignorant in its own right) wouldn' t somehow do the game justice.

Well guess what, it' s Sega' s to screw up. You' re just a stupid fan who didn' t do jack shit but play one fucking video game. Shut your toilet before you embarrass yourself further.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message