Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 To Use Blu-Ray?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 01:03
What' s funny about what has been said about HD-DVD having the better picture quality, is the fact that back in the VHS vs BETA wars, beta had the better picture quality and look who came out on top.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 01:33
" Some Sony formats (or ones that they heavily supported) that I can think of that didn' t exactly take the world by storm:

BETA
MiniDisc
Hi8
UMD
Memory Stick?
DVD+R?"

Shit, maybe BluRay will win through the sole basis of " law of averages" . I don' t care though, I' m not investing in either format until DVD9 dies.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 04:53

I' m not investing in either format until DVD9 dies.

Good luck with that. They only stopped supporting VHS 3-4 years ago, if it' s anything like the last format war though, you' ll know waaay before DVD dies.
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 08:05
I' d rather download HD movies straight from the internet to my Hard-Drive. But not everyone has over a TB of disc space and a 10 mb internet connection. But then again by the time HD-DVD and Blue-Ray get popular it may be common.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 08:09

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Inferior formats (sometimes vastly inferior, technically speaking) that won:

VHS vs BETA - Winner = VHS
NES vs SMS - Winner = NES
PS2 vs GC and Xbox - Winner = PS2
Mac vs Windows (back when both were new) - Winner = Windows
Film vs Digital Cinema (this battle is currently waging) - Winner (will be) Digital Cinema

These products were after the same respective markets and often even priced similar.

The only one of those that is a format is the first, stfu moron.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 10:27

The only one of those that is a format is the first

Perhaps you mean " Video format" . If you do, then I' d agree. Otherwise my point still stands that the superior technology doesn' t always win. In other words, technical superiority usually means NOTHING, unfortunately.

I' d rather download HD movies straight from the internet to my Hard-Drive.

Screw that. I' d rather have something I can play on any machine I want... something I can let a friend borrow, etc. Every single form of downloadable HD content I' ve seen sucks ass in comparison to BluRay and HD-DVD. The bitrate is well below even broadcast HDTV and that isn' t high enough. Sure it looks good, but it' s simply not good enough, even with the new codecs. However even if it were perfect, I' d still like to have it on some sort of physical media other than a hard drive. Something with no moving parts would be ideal, though.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 10:39

I' d rather download HD movies straight from the internet to my Hard-Drive. But not everyone has over a TB of disc space and a 10 mb internet connection.

Pffft! Where do you live? Or rather when do you live?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 15:13

Something with no moving parts would be ideal, though.

HD content on flash? keep dreaming

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: 360 To Use Blu-Ray? - Mar 28, 2007 17:47
I didn' t say it had to be rewritable. Basically like a cartridge that stores a movie with 900,000 terabytes. Yeah, you laugh at me now, but in like 40 years you won' t (most likely because we will have all been replaced with robots).

PS - I have a 4GB Compact Flash Card. That' s more info than the Xbox Live HD movie downloads are I think.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 28 Mar 07 9:48:50 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread