Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 26, 2007 11:53

IT funny cos certain gamers ignore games like:

Wario Ware , Wii Sports, MonkeyBall, Excite truck..

Yeah, actually some do. and really you cant count Frii sports since if it wasnt free no one would buy it. Wario ware is decent. Monkey ball I would never pay full price, nor would i ever be caught in public buying it. Excite Truck? wtf? That game is garbage. I could have more " excitement" out of F-Zero X for the 64
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 26, 2007 19:08

nor would i ever be caught in public buying it

What kind of sad attitude is that?
Do you like, sneak to stores at night and buy certain games secretly or something?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Jan 07 11:09:34 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 26, 2007 21:17
The Super Monkey Ball games are superb. I don' t know how well it Works on Wii though but i' ll likely buy it...
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 27, 2007 23:25

Do you like, sneak to stores at night and buy certain games secretly or something?

Haha, that must be how the D&D nerds feel, they have to sneek in at night and buy their stuff.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 27, 2007 23:33

Haha, that must be how the D&D nerds feel, they have to sneek in at night and buy their stuff.

" Uhm, yeah, I' ll take one copy of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, quick man, quick!"

Monkey ball I would never pay full price, nor would i ever be caught in public buying it.

Have you even played it? IMO Monkey Ball was superb for the Wii, I' m not sure where people were getting the difficult controls angle from, but I know I really enjoyed it.

Honestly though, I won' t be getting the Wii for quite some time I think. Possibly when Corruption hits, and that' s even pushing it a bit. I might hold off untill Galaxy hits the market, I' m still thinking about it.
mastachefbkw

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 28, 2007 09:09

lol, yeah. I go down town where all the creeps hang out.... GAMESTOP!!! and i' ll be like " Yeah.... I want um... SUPER MONKEY BALL" and grab it and run.

Have you even played it? IMO Monkey Ball was superb for the Wii, I' m not sure where people were getting the difficult controls angle from, but I know I really enjoyed it.

Yes i' ve played it. I think its pretty fun, but i think it would be better if it was something like an xbox live arcade game. I just cant see paying $50 for a super monkey ball game. I think $12 is a reasonable price
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 29, 2007 14:38
Its so sad when people knock good games because the graphics aren' t the latest and greatest. Lets see as soon as PCs regain the graphics ascendency (very soon BTW if not already) will it be fair for PC gamers (like myself) to laugh at your less then state of the art 360 or ps3 graphics?? Please, thats just so immature. If a game is good and fun that is all that matters, if graphics matter the most get a high end PC, Not a console - quit kidding yourself thinking that either the ps3 or the 360 will remain state of the art graphics for 5 years, because they won' t. From what i can recall the Nvidia 8800 already surpasses any console (in SLI) and then some. So can we please grow up. Wii games are never gonna have top end graphics but it will offer a totally different experience.

BTW shame if the SM Galaxy delay is true
< Message edited by Terrak -- 29 Jan 07 6:41:18 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 29, 2007 16:48

From what i can recall the Nvidia 8800 already surpasses any console (in SLI)

Actually, it doesn' t need SLI to surpass what consoles can do as far as having high FPS at high resolution. So the xbox360 is already beaten in graphics and proccesing by PC' s. Ps3 is obviously beaten in graphics, but for a small time, the processing power is greater, however by the time devs figure out how to use all the processors to their potential, and make a game that utilizes them, PC' s will have better proccesors than it.

So there you have it, PC' s are already better than Xbox360' s and will soon be better than ps3' s.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 29, 2007 18:36

ORIGINAL: Avarice

So there you have it, PC' s are already better than Xbox360' s and will soon be better than ps3' s.

Here, u can borrow my anti-flaming suit.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 29, 2007 18:58

ORIGINAL: fernandino

I think by better he means better graphically then any console. The game content is up to personal taste and is a totally different story.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 29, 2007 19:10

ORIGINAL: Terrak

I think by better he means better graphically then any console. The game content is up to personal taste and is a totally different story.

That wont stop the flaming tho, im just trying to help the kid u know.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 29 Jan 07 11:11:30 >
Dagashi

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 05:29

Yah, that' s exactly what I mean. I was going to put that in the post, but I got lazy. As far as game content, like you said, thats personal preference.

Console RTS is basically non existant and if it is, its crap compared to PC. So thats one thing its definitely better at. After that, its all what kind of games/controls you prefer. I personally like mouse/keyboard more than a controller for FPS, but I prefer consoles for sports games, most RPG' s, adventure games etc.
Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 05:39

ORIGINAL: fernandino

Genius!
Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 05:48
Right now Xenon is stomping all over CELL because very few developers are using it properly. Since all they really know is how to utilize a general purpose processor and using CELL requires not only some serious hard work and money as well as actually having to figure out the architecture for themselves - it' s not being taken advantage of.

You cant talk theoretics either, you have to talk about real world proven performance and by all accounts Xenon' s triple core general purpose setup is making development of multi-platform 360 games far easier than CELL.

Sure in time CELL will prove itself, but right now, Core 2 Duo' s and Xenon are outperforming it.

Dagashi

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 05:59
Thats why I said in my posts, that technically Cell is more poweful. But by the time Devs learn how to use it to it' s potential, there will be better processors available for the PC. However, I do believe that in time, the Cell will outdo the 360' s processor.
Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 06:21

However, I do believe that in time, the Cell will outdo the 360' s processor.

Undoubtedly. The question is; can CELL both exceed the computational power of Xenon whilst lending a hand to the crippled RSX simultaneously?!

Hahaha, but seriously, it' s going to be interesting to see 2nd and 3rd generation PS3 titles and see how both western and eastern developers tackle the hardware.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 30, 2007 06:58
From the Reviews, Previews ive read.. Overall Motorstorm seems to be crowned as biggest development so far this generation.. (consoles)

PC' s have and will increasingly, remain ahead of the Pack. (depending on what hardware you have of course).

Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 31, 2007 06:46

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

From the Reviews, Previews ive read.. Overall Motorstorm seems to be crowned as biggest development so far this generation.. (consoles)

mastachefbkw

RE: Super Mario Galaxy pushed back until winter - Jan 31, 2007 10:47
^^^^

lmfao
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages