Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crackdown demo
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 93
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 07:10

Im currently playing Zelda on the GCN, its not revolusionary, its good, but not great. Its like OoT with better graphics. Im pretty sure playing it with the wii mote wont change much in the expirience.

fair enough.

Crackdown..

I was getting pissed at the whole jumping thing. Apparently their are agility orbs somewhere but I had no idea how to get them. I wanted to jump over buildings damn it!

Lol i managed to do this, but after i was like??? ok.. Game gets seriously boring and piontless after about 20 mins.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 23 Jan 07 23:34:02 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 07:18
Played it on a friends machine. Won' t be downloading it on my console and definitely won' t be buying it. Like Saints Row it' s sub-par on almost every level, waaaay too generic and is lame in general.

That said, f3 you' re just being a dick. I don' t know why you think anybody cares what you think, ....you' re an illiterate troll. Nobody gives a flying fuck if you despise 360 and would love to hump Reggie Fils-Aime. Seriously. Give it a rest and stop imposing your moronic opinion on others. If you think you have better taste then fine, but we don' t need you to tell us so every two minutes. You just be content in the " knowledge" that you are " better" than the rest of us and refrain from the constant 360 " bashing"

If you want something Japanese for your 360 then go buy Dead Rising or Lost Planet, ...OR, even better, buy Earth Defense Force 3 or Blue Dragon.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 07:19
The wolf segments in Zelda blow. There is nothing special about it. gameplay is just limited in comparison to being the normal form of link. It' s just the same thing over and over. Zelda TP felt a little overrated imo. That' s just me though. Oh, and I did play it on the Wii and using the Wiimote did nothing for me... I hate the freaking Wiimote.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 07:19
Rampage99 Fair enough TBH, it wont be everyones cup of tea.

Majic / Nitro?? (i take its majic being like nearly 7 thausand posts in just over 1 year lol)

Ignoring most of the bullshite youve just written..

Played it on a friends machine. Won' t be downloading it on my console and definitely won' t be buying it.

So you agree, its shit then
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 23 Jan 07 23:28:18 >
Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 07:36

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Majic / Nitro?? (i take its majic being like nearly 7 thausand posts in over 1 year lol)

Ignoring most of the bullshite youve just written..

Played it on a friends machine. Won' t be downloading it on my console and definitely won' t be buying it.

So you agree, its shit then

Ah, but the difference is that when something is shit i say so, it doesn' t matter what console it' s on. You however believe Nintendo can do no wrong, even when the majority of Wii games have shoddily implemented control mechanics and terrible graphics. Sure the focus is on gameplay and some titles (like Twilight Princess or Raving Rabbids) deliver that in spades, but for a console that' s more capable than any of the last gen machines, delivering what are essentially PS2 quality visuals is a bit of a joke. But hey, lets focus on the gems like Zelda and not the rest of the retarded games, ...just like hey, we' ll focus on 360' s great games and ignore the rest of the garbage. But no, you have to slate everything, just because it' s on 360. Gears has sold 3 million, yet you say it' s rubbish. Same thing for Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising, Project Gotham etc. You lump them with awful games like Perfect Dark Zero and constantly tell us so. Why do you even still have a 360?

And yes, Crackdown is a bad game.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 08:15
I never had any expectations for this game. And now, I still have none.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 09:15
I think 2007 will be the year of the 360; let' s just wait until december before making any more misguided statements.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 09:53

I think 2007 will be the year of the 360; let' s just wait until december before making any more misguided statements.

I think it will be as well, Wii will be right below, but 360 will more than likely take the year.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 11:12
Tried the Crackdown demo. I dunno why 1up were defending it so much, saying it was pure fun and nothing like GTA. It was completely like GTA, just without the Rockstar wit and humour.

The cel shaded looks were pretty funky, and the world is big...but the actual game overall is really bad.

I' m sure it' ll still sell well though, not harmed by the free Halo 3 beta key!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 11:28
Wait, so is the halo 3 beta still gonna be on crackdown? If so Ill probably get it for that reason alone, if not then the game is shit
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 11:46
It took me almost 3 hours to download just to find out that it sucks. It' s not even mediocre, it just sucks. And yes, marked copies of CrapDown will have invites to Halo 3 Beta. Seems kinda pricy to play an unfinished game to me.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 18:41

The wolf segments in Zelda blow.

I loved the wolf parts...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 24, 2007 21:19
I like the Jukebox in Crackdown though.

I' ve not heard much Mexican rap before, but some of it is good!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 01:29
FHey some of you agree that crackdown is Sh!t. Waste of time. For anyone going to download this game. Pass. No GTA. Fun Factor 2/10
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 01:36
I really enjoyed the demo. It' s at its best when you level up your agility skill a couple of times, allowing you to leap across rooftops, pure fun!! The game gives a great sense of empowerment, which is always a good thing in my book. I' ll look forward to playing the final product in Feb!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 03:06
Yeah, now that I finally found the agility orbs the demo is a LOT more fun. Jumping huge distances is a blast. Hell, I didn' t even bother fighting people after I raised my agility. I just tried to find things to jump across.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 05:58
Like I said earlier its fun but limited. Then again so was Mercenaries. I just liked wrecking shit and doing as I pleased. Worth $50? Dunno, but then again I can get it for $30-40 at circuit city after the first week of sales.

Few things I liked:

-Ability to aim at specific body parts or car parts with ease.
-The power you can posses
-The size from mass to hight.
-Slight mods to characters ( tho Saints Row options remain my fav in the genre)
-The chaos
-Driving was pretty decent
-Any loose objects can become a weapon

What I hate:

-Lame blood affects
-Lowsy water (and very very pathetic splash)
-Game like this should allow from some more enviroment damage.
-Cant put gun away and just go hand to hand combat crazy
-Fellow cops easily raddled
-Guns seem useles and do very little damage...then again you can power those up too, but why? WHy cant a sniper rifle give instant kill headshots.

EDIT: the guns have more power when free aiming and can unleash instant kills
< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Jan 07 0:25:26 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 06:30

but for a console that' s more capable than any of the last gen machines, delivering what are essentially PS2 quality visuals is a bit of a joke.

lol ....i think you' re being far too kind majiknitro, Snake Eater, FFXII, Black, God of War, Okami, all TOTTALY a$$rape anything on the wii visually....

...of course things should change once wii gets some proper games released (ie Metriod, Resi-wii ect)... ..but until then:

wii = meh
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 24 Jan 07 22:31:55 >
Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 06:43

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

but for a console that' s more capable than any of the last gen machines, delivering what are essentially PS2 quality visuals is a bit of a joke.

lol ....i think you' re being far too kind majiknitro, Snake Eater, FFXII, Black, God of War, Okami, all TOTTALY a$$rape anything on the wii visually....

...of course things should change once wii gets some proper games released (ie Metriod, Resi-wii ect)... ..but until then:

wii = meh

Good point.

In fact, nothing on Wii looks as good as RE4 on Gamecube, or even on PS2. Twilight Princess is nice but i' m disappointed they didn' t put more effort into sprucing up the Wii version.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 25, 2007 07:10
...TP isn' t a wii game, it' s a Gamecube title Nintendo held back to bump up wii launch sales...

...and we all thought Sony had stopped making games for the PSOne...

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 93

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message