Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crackdown demo
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 93
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 00:27
So to put all of this in context, Crackdown is shit unless you buy the full version for the Halo3 beta in which case it is good, but otherwise don' t bother and wait for GTA IV?

Ok So what was the codename for the DS? Big bulgy horrible handheld? (you do mean the first DS not the lite.)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 00:32

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Ok So what was the codename for the DS? Big bulgy horrible handheld? (you do mean the first DS not the lite.)

LINK
alijay034

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 00:35
Surely you didn' t change your screen name to reflect that did you?
Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 00:38

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Surely you didn' t change your screen name to reflect that did you?

No.

Strube

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 00:57
Candii=Iad umboros in Wii form. He lives on my Wii, he has a beard and is terrible at tennis.

Play smoke pole, I had one on order to to sell on the old eBay but the mungs couldn' t even get a stock check right.
alijay034

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 01:03
So c' mon then why the change of Moniker then?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 01:40
I think the demo was quite enjoyable actually.
Sadly I lost interest after about 30 minutes. To me the game has potential, but something is missing.
So it' s not good enough for me to buy for the full price but in the future, when it' s a budget title, I might buy it just to play around a little.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 05:44
It has nothing to do with game preference.

You know who likes different games than me? Good examples would be Bishonen and Ginjirou. I like Bish and Ginji, you on the other hand I hate. You take every chance you can to try to down the 360 and contribute nothing to the argument. If Ginji or Bish dont like a game, they have a logical reason. They dont randomly come into a thread and say " Everything MS touches turns to turd"
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 05:55
Seriously you have a problem...

LoL if you was living in Japan youll be pulling your hair out as People feel the same as i do, hence it being left on the shelfs to gather dust..

Seriously Grow the fuck up.. my reasons are perfectly fair. If you dont like them, thats your problem..

Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 06:08

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Seriously you have a problem...

LoL if you was living in Japan youll be pulling your hair out as People feel the same as i do, hence it being left on the shelfs to gather dust..

Seriously Grow the fuck up.. my reasons are perfectly fair. If you dont like them, thats your problem..

In Japan? What the fuck are you talking about now?

You don' t give reasons, you give sanctimonious bullshit. You are an idiot, or at least you come across as no being very bright. You' re arguments are ill formulated, you' re from England but you make really simple spelling and grammar mistakes (i' m guessing you' re dyslexic or dyspraxic) and you' re sentence construction is terrible.

Seriously dude, you' re anti-Microsoft attitude is as bad as Quezcatols anti-Sony attitude. Why can' t people like all hree consoles, or at least recognize that all three have different strengths?! Your input would be valued much more if it wasn' t the same old rubbish.
f3hunter

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 06:19

In Japan? What the fuck are you talking about now?

You don' t give reasons, you give sanctimonious bullshit. You are an idiot, or at least you come across as no being very bright. You' re arguments are ill formulated, you' re from England but you make really simple spelling and grammar mistakes (i' m guessing you' re dyslexic or dyspraxic) and you' re sentence construction is terrible.

Seriously dude, you' re anti-Microsoft attitude is as bad as Quezcatols anti-Sony attitude. Why can' t people like all hree consoles, or at least recognize that all three have different strengths?! Your input would be valued much more if it wasn' t the same old rubbish.

Why are you so suprized? OHH.. i see i was wrong the Japanese are loving the 360..

Also, stop the personal attacks, seriously..

I would not go so low as to abuse someone over the Net over people opinions.. If you want to try and abuse me, do it in person:

7 Kenstone croft
Highgate
Birmingham

Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 06:28

Why are you so suprized? OHH.. i see i was wrong the Japanese are loving the 360..

And what does that have to do with this thread?!

I would not go so low as to abuse someone over the Net over people opinions.. If you want to try and abuse me, do it in person:

7 Kenstone croft
Highgate
Birmingham

Aww don' t cry honey, big bad Nitro didn' t mean it...

EDIT: Ah, Deritend!

< Message edited by NITRO -- 25 Jan 07 22:40:46 >
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 09:41
F3 I confess I am an ill informed gamer. I honestly haven' t heard of half the games on your list. Put it down to varying tastes in games and the fact that I have always hated mario (I had Donkey Kong on Intellivision when I was 6, hated him then too). The Hero is a plumber? Yeah, that' s cool.

When I asked you innovation I guess I was looking more for innovative games bit as I said " since NES" your response makes sense. Tell me about Japanese gameplay innovation. What innovations have western developers offered? New and exciting gameplay. DOOM. GTA. KOTOR. Splinter Cell. Better Scripts, though admitedley much must be lost in translation, their writers can' t be that bad but they do a half ass job of reigonalizing anyway, kudos to konami for showing how it' s done. Games for adults with adult themes, complex narritives and non-linear design.

When I say SONY does nothing to foster the North American Market I mean they do nothing to try and bridge the cultural gap and appeal to the Western gamer. Cutesy japanimation is not my thing, westerners love fps SONY can' t seem to make a good one and their corprate culture of confidence comes off as arrogance. There marketing and PR in the West has been atrocious, don' t even try and deny that. The fact is Japan never really needed to pander to North American customers, now they have to learn how.

Yes, 360 is a spectacular failure in Japan but do you really believe it' s because Japanese developers are offering such a superior product at superior....ahem value? Could it not be that the Japanese are the most xenophobic and brand conscious culture on earth and won' t buy anythng en mass not manufactured in Japan?

I requested a list of 10 you gave me 17 and put Metriod on top above Bioshock.
Assasin' s Creed didn' t make your list of 17? Brave of you to disagree with the gaming media at large, like all of it. I don' t know what cooking moma is but I think I' d rather dance across the rooftops of Jeruesalem circa the 3rd crusade.
Does that fit your narrow conception of western developers doing nothing but FPS and GTA clones? How ' bout Mass Effect? Both reigons, the industry as a whole, is guilty of rehashing proven concepts that sell (see Final FantasyVII thru XII), don' t pin it on the west.

Snipers Enck

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 11:05
endless jumping has never been so much fun. I personally think it is better than the Grand Theft Auto series! And this is a demo! Perhaps this could be a minor glimpse of what GTA: IV will bring us later this year.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 11:50
Ok, wtf F3? Either i missed something in the last 4 pages of this thread or is this shit just stuff to make you feel better?

The argument is about how terrible Crack Down is. F3' s responses:

sure they are

First of all, dont fucking raise your voice to majik... or Nitro? like that If your not expecting to get thrashed back. Second. Wtf is with all the Japan BS. Apparently your the one that needs to grow up
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 14:05

Oh, and Alecrein, don' t get involved. F3 will only fish for support by trying to start a conversation about something like, oh say Under the Knife... If you don' t agree with somebody' s conduct then tell Adam, but don' t get involved.

Oh, and by the way, what happened to Alecrein Productions?!! Did you take it down??? If you did and you miss it, you might want to try finding the cached version as that still seems to be available...

I wasn' t getting into the middle of it just pointing out my perspective as an observer. It' s childish behavior, both of you are simply acting stupid plain and simple.

Alecrein Productions actually wasn' t pulled down I just decided not to front out the money anymore for a hobby that wasn' t going anywhere (although a majority of that is due to my actions).

As I said earlier I finally played Crackdown and it is awesome. I' m a gamer first, ignorant moron second :P So when it comes down to it I don' t give a shit what side of the earth a company is on. Crackdown = Great, my opinion at least.
f3hunter

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 14:23
**Ignores the troublesome AE ' pck and choose' ' makes up things' (raise my voice?WTF lol).. chief.**

F3 I confess I am an ill informed gamer. I honestly haven' t heard of half the games on your list. Put it down to varying tastes in games and the fact that I have always hated mario (I had Donkey Kong on Intellivision when I was 6, hated him then too). The Hero is a plumber? Yeah, that' s cool.

Lol you know something, I HATED mario too, i thought he was such a Dumb character (i still do).. I loved Sonic, In fact i was a true SEGA fan, and remember silly arguments against Nintendo Fans at school as a kid.

When SEGA went third Party, I instantly went for Xbox and had an absolute blast with it at first, Halo 1 was an amazing Game for its time and i loved how Xbox/MS carried on SEGA' s Online visions (through Sega Dreamcast: Peter Moore) In form of Xbox Live.

I remember Arguing with Sony/Nintendo Fans how Xbox Live was the way forward and how i was pissed of with Nintendo not putting their Games online IE Mario Kart: DD.

After, i started to notice a Pattern with Xbox Gaming, there was loads of build up to a Game IE : Fable, Halo 2, and then being totally let down by them, People seemed to be way too over excited about these games with out even playing them (i once did the same thing too)..

To make things worse I was in a Semi-Pro Quake 3 Clan, and at the time (and probably still now) I was playing the finest most Balanced, most thought out Multi-player FPS on My PC.. So what ever came on Xbox i simply could not play once i started to fully get into PC FPS' s Who can blame me?

By this time i was REALLY into Quake 3 (and Virtua Fighter), going to Lan / clan matches ETC..while my Xbox Gaming obviously wearing thin, I think the last few games i played through on Xbox was Outrun 2 and NG..

I came to a point where i never fancied playing any console (i was board with Xbox, and GC didn’t interest me, hated Sony due to the SEGA fanboy in me) It was all Q3 on PC and VF in the arcade..

It was when i tried out the GBA game ' WarioWare Inc' . That game instantly grabbed me, i was looking for something fresh like this on a console / Handheld for a long time.

To add to that Nitnendo' s DS was falling into place and that seemed increasingly interesting for my Gaming needs.

The first time i ever played a DS it grabbed me in that same way and ive never been let down since.. I still play Mario Kart, Animal crossing online on a daily bases if i can.

When I asked you innovation I guess I was looking more for innovative games bit as I said " since NES" your response makes sense. Tell me about Japanese gameplay innovation. What innovations have western developers offered? New and exciting gameplay. DOOM. GTA. KOTOR. Splinter Cell. Better Scripts, though admitedley much must be lost in translation, their writers can' t be that bad but they do a half ass job of reigonalizing anyway, kudos to konami for showing how it' s done. Games for adults with adult themes, complex narritives and non-linear design.

Speaking about scripts, Konami’s Mega CD game ' Snatcher' without doubt tuned heads in that area way back in 92 i think it was.

Its fair to say some of them, but Doom?? You mean Wolfenstein!! GTA, i loved Vice city. KOTOR never interested me.

As for Japanese games that featured Gameplay innovations in some way? Dam, where can i start? Live a Live, Panzer Saga, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Nights, Snatcher, Afterburner, G-loc, Outrun, Sim city, MarioKart, Rez, Parapa the Raper, Nintendodogs, Samba Di Amigo, Bomberman, Kung fu master, Truma centre, Advanced Wars, shit i can go on forever, SOO many Japanese games have gradually introduced new innovate features.

When I say SONY does nothing to foster the North American Market I mean they do nothing to try and bridge the cultural gap and appeal to the Western gamer. Cutesy japanimation is not my thing, westerners love fps SONY can' t seem to make a good one and their corprate culture of confidence comes off as arrogance.

PS3' s Games out in North America now:

NBA 07
Full Auto 2: Battle
Madden NFL 07
Untold Legends: Dark
Ridge Racer 7
Fight Night
Need For Speed
Genii
Full Auto 2
Call of Duty 3
Blazing angels
Free Gran Tourismo HD.

cultal gap? Cutesy japanimation? They look very western to me!

There marketing and PR in the West has been atrocious, don' t even try and deny that. The fact is Japan never really needed to pander to North American customers, now they have to learn how.

What Sony need to learn is never to be so ambitious and COCKY at the same time..

Yes, 360 is a spectacular failure in Japan but do you really believe it' s because Japanese developers are offering such a superior product at superior....ahem value?

Japanese developer’s? You mean Sony? or Nintendo? I' m not with you there..

Could it not be that the Japanese are the most xenophobic and brand conscious culture on earth and won' t buy anythng en mass not manufactured in Japan?

Yes, that could be part of the reason.

Coming from what you said in your last quote about Sony/Japanese not catering for the West..

We Know 360 mostly consists of Western made Games.. But how much of them are made for the Japanese market in mind??

MS only have a few Japanese devs under their wings. It would make a lot more sense if more of their western Teams at least tried make Games that catered for both markets, just like the Japanese have been doing for ages now..

The pendulum swings both ways.. Why is it that Japanese Developers have to cross that line and Western Developers don' t?? Is this because western Developers Simply haven’t got what it takes?? Maybe.

I requested a list of 10 you gave me 17 and put Metriod on top above Bioshock.
Assassin’s Creed didn' t make your list of 17? Brave of you to disagree with the gaming media at large, like all of it.

Bioshock comes off system shock 2 which I’ve played and its a great Game (Kudos to Western Devs, that had innovate gameplay features too BTW)

Wii Metroid is Guaranteed to be as we think It’ll be..

Assassin’s Creed is a totally new Franchise and apart from the Sneaky / Prince or Persia (and extremely jerky) looking footage I don’t know anything about that game,
Why would i put that in my top 10 anticipated games? Especially since i hate the way it looked and have never liked the new POP' s..

Does that fit your narrow conception of western developers doing nothing but FPS and GTA clones? How ' bout Mass Effect? Both reigons, the industry as a whole, is guilty of rehashing proven concepts that sell (see Final FantasyVII thru XII), don' t pin it on the west.

Actually this made me question Western Developers against Japanese ones even more. The realisation that No western game has really took off to a world wide audience, Like how Many Japanese games do IE MGS, Resident evil, brain training ETC ( good examples of games that have been extremely successful worldwide). For whatever reason this has not happened yet.. (well if you take away Tetris but even that was took by a Japanese Developer into the game we all know and love)

BTW..
I hate final Fantasy.. Not my cup of tea atall.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 26 Jan 07 6:53:32 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 14:52
Tiz = very pleased with the Crackdown demo.

So much that this may be my first sandbox style game I actually get and play
attentively, I like the way I have to find certain grooves that stick out to find my
way to the top of a building, gives it a minor puzzle element, and makes me look forward to Assassins Creed.

I can only imagine how many crazy levels you can reach in CrackDown, and it' s co
-op as well..

Of course, it doesn' t bear the GTA logo... SO don' t expect rave reviews from this
stellar new IP, I personally hope they make a second one.

Does the game come out on the 20th February yeah?
Nitro

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 16:04
I' m having a hard time understanding what people who say it' s fun are doing differently. I tried playing it again and the game is awful. It' s worse than Saints Row, ...but then some people even liked that too...

I don' t mind sandbox games, ...Mercenaries was a great example of how to handle the genre, and the GTA games are technically brilliant, even if i don' t like them. Crackdown though is lame.

I can see why some people might like it, but for a game that Microsoft has been hyping for the past year - i expected much more.

In the Japanese version the main character is Japanese right???
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 18:50
I appreciate games like GTA and Crackdown simply by not taking the games seriously, I just mess around in the game and try to have some fun.
After a while I start to realise that it really was fun .
Take GTA for examle, it seems kinda cheesy but when I' m done with it I feel I had a fun time playing it.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 93

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message