Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Planet impressions
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 57
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 13, 2007 20:48
I have zero interest in this game, I won' t even rent it.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 13, 2007 21:57
Well I' ve done the first 5 missions so far and I' m enjoying it more than Gears at the moment. So far the cut-scenes have all been really good in my opinon, minus the odd cheesey line and the techie character, so in that respect all is okay. The pirate voices I agree are bad, but funny in an enjoyable way and better than hearing " sweet" in that stereotypical American way that Gears characters do it.

The controls do need tweaking I found, and after increasing the sensitivity and playing around with the fixed setting found it to be as responesive as it needed to be. No issues bringing down at least five of the big creatures all in the same area, at the same time. Not being able to look up and then around just plain sucks though, it really hinders any advanage you could have against not only the bosses but random flying enemies as well.

Graphically LP looks awesome. Lovely lighting and shading, with detailed texturing throughout, expecially in the caves and indoor environments. Textures aren' t as detailed as Gears but have a very different feel - They appears fully detailed from a distance and blur slightly up close, whereas in Gears they mostly gain an increase in detail as you approach. Lots of geometry used on all the characters is very nice, but the increased detailed on the lead stands out needelessly.

Perhaps my only two complaints are that the ememy design isn' t varied enough, that you find yourself facing the same smaller ememies only then to be confronted with a new boss. Secondly only 30fps, there' s nothing to suggest that 60 isn' t achieveable with the level of geometry and effects being used. Maybe more lower level optimisation is needed.

So far I think Lost Planet has been underated overall, just like Gears Of War was overrated. They are both great games but are really different. It' s pointless to give a score as I haven' t finished the thing yet, but around an 8.2 seems about right.

Anyway I' ll post my thoughts when I get further through it with regards to the gameplay and story, and when I can be arsed to take my time to write properly instead of rushing typing sh*t down.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 13 Jan 07 14:01:57 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 03:02
Ok, after chapter 6 the game gets 500% better. The story still sucks but the action is cranked waaaaaaaay up and the amount of stuff onscreen and the resulting explosions are insane. This game, in parts, looks as good as Gears. It' s just as fun as Gears and while it' s not perfect, and while the story is still really lame, the game is definitely a must buy for people who like shooters and Capcom games in general.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 13:20

If Mass effect turns out a let down.. i hope ull learn from your lessons by that time.

How about you keep your fanboy mouth shut on topics you dont know about. Do you even know Biowares track record? Have you played their last 2 games(KOTOR and Jade Empire)? Oh, thats right, you havent, but you feel like you should turn a debate about Lost Planet vs Gears of War into a " 360 fans hype games too much" thread.

You want hype? Red Steel ring a bell? So keep your fanboy statements to yourself.

OWNED!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 13:33
God, i must of hit a nerve ....

The real fanboys have responded..

Actually its easy to make them come out, just say 1 trueful comment thats goes against 360 in some way (in my case it was mean in a buddy way of.. " guys i wouldnt hype every game up on 360, just atleast wait till youve played it" )

**BANG** Crazy FB attack waves back at me..

Serisouly you guys need to fucking lie down and think about how Sad your acting,

You can say anything aim at my preffered (Wii, VF5) and it wouldnt even bother me.. thats the difference between a Fan and an Fanboy.. And you guys sure make it obvious what you are.

BTW, LP is quite good, i played it today.. Actually enjoyed it better than GOW too. (tho that wasnt hard, as i hated GOW)
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 14 Jan 07 6:00:24 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 14:03
Im not a fanboy, and Im not hyping Mass Effect.

FACT: Bioware makes great RPGs.
FACT: you blow an Italian Plumber and his pet Dinosaur.
FACT: You accuse anyone who doesnt masturbate to 10 second distractions as an excuse of a video game of being a fanboy.

Want an honest opinion? I think LP sucks. I didnt like the demo(s). Want another honest opinon? WarioWare sucks too.

And Evil Man, if youre still lurking around here, I hate to say it, but we need you back. At least you had the balls to say what you really thought.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 14 Jan 07 6:11:05 >
f3hunter

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 14:12
Who the fuck argues agaisnt someone saying ' rightfully saying' somehting as simple as : " wait till you play the game before judging"

And telling me about Facts and forgeting the Big number 1 fact

1) There is no such thing as 100% assured in the game Industry..

Now go and lie your stubburn fanboy ass down.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 14:13
There' s nothing wrong with liking WarioWare or Zelda, and there' s nothing wrong with not being interested in Mass Effect either. But to blow it off as an overhyped game before it' s released is just fucking dumb. Mass Effect will be one of the best games of 2007, and maybe it is overhyped. But no one will know until it' s out.

F3hunter I don' t even know why you would care if people are interested in a game you are not. It seemes to me you are jealous that Mass Effect is getting more attention then any Wii title. Which is precisely what makes you a fanboy.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Jan 07 6:14:38 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 14:27

Now go and lie your stubburn fanboy ass down.

Heres an idea, leave the damn forums. Youre a fucking fanboy. Every 360 thread posted you have to post a smart ass comment in. And for what purpose? To make you feel better that your console has 1 real game and will only have 5 in its entire life span just like the GameCube?

For Example: In the Crysis for 360 thread you say

I hope no ones expecting 360 crysis to look anywhere near as good as the PC version on coming PC hardware.

Really? Well arent you a fucking genius. Does " coming PC hardware" only cost $400? What did you contribute to that discussion? NOTHING. Which is what you contributed to this one by coming in and saying:

360 fans loves hyping games to unknown levels.

You are pointless on this forum. No one here gives a damn that Mass Effect is on 360 but you. We all care because its made by Bioware, the company that made great games like KOTOR, Jade Empire, Fallout, NWN.

1) There is no such thing as 100% assured in the game Industry..

Keep that in mind when you talk about how you cant wait for the next big Wii game or you praise a once great game company who has been encouraging developers to churn out half thought gimmicks to turn a quick dollar.

If Mass effect turns out a let down.. i hope ull learn from your lessons by that time.

Apparently discussing the 360' s future releases makes everyone in this thread a fanboy.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 14 Jan 07 6:34:27 >
f3hunter

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 15:03
lol.. , cant believe how sad people can get..

Some of you are really hurt buy that comment!! WTF??

Sorry guys :(

I' ll help you out..

MAss Effect Will OWN EVERYTHING!!!

Now a Take deep breath... Now lets hope no one ever tells you' s to judge a game before it comes out again... Who ever says so should be shot.. grr

Anyway.. Moving on..

f3, i' m still waiting to see your projector. I' ve been looking for one and i want to see how it actually looks in a room with a feed going to it. It doesn' t have to be anything fancy, maybe just your Dreamcast or something, i' d replay F355 Challenge using it if i get one...

Well Majic good thing you said that as ive just got myself a HD camcorder..

What exactly do you need to see? PC?, 360? Dreamcast?

IT can Do HD resolution at 30fps, or lower at 60fps.. Then again 640 would probably be best if i was to upload it on the net..

Ill record some games and post them in a new thread for you...

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 14 Jan 07 7:31:19 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 16:39

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

For Example: In the Crysis for 360 thread you say

I hope no ones expecting 360 crysis to look anywhere near as good as the PC version on coming PC hardware.

Really? Well arent you a fucking genius. Does " coming PC hardware" only cost $400? What did you contribute to that discussion? NOTHING.

This is one aspect that I will defend F3 on. A lot of people have been taken in by the hype machine of " teraflops" and " supercomputers" that certain companies like to throw around to make their products seem better than they really are. I wouldn' t be surprised if people did think it' d look as good or better on PS3/360, simply because of all the false information that the people so eagerly accept.

He actually posted that comment after people started posting shots/vids of DX10 Crysis and saying that it looks so awesome and putting it in the context of a 360 version, which is incorrect to do. So putting in a reality check when he did, didn' t seem pointless to me.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 18:56
I' d expect Crysis to look almost as good as the DX9 PC version on 360 if (at 30fps), and it' s a big one at that - the developers completely recode huge parts of the game to be fully optimised for the 360. Just like Quake on Saturn, which was almost developed from the ground up in order to achieve such high performance on a machine much less capable than the highest spec PC' s.

Of course nobody today will do that as it' s far easier to keep as much code as close to the PC' s as possible, only optimising enough to get the game working in a reletively smooth, playable state. Much like they did with most PC to XB1 ports.

Anyway Lost Planet?
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 14 Jan 07 10:57:11 >
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 20:00

Well Majic good thing you said that as ive just got myself a HD camcorder..

What exactly do you need to see? PC?, 360? Dreamcast?

IT can Do HD resolution at 30fps, or lower at 60fps.. Then again 640 would probably be best if i was to upload it on the net..

Ill record some games and post them in a new thread for you...

Nice dude. My TV ain' t cutting it and i figured a HD projector would be the way to go. I don' t need to see anything in particular, just a game running i guess. Thanks alot man.

Anyhoo, guys, enough with the " fanboy" sh!t. One of the most extreme fanboys has buggered off to some Swedish forum and we don' t need him coming back and getting involved in stiff like this. The stuff coming out on PC' s this year will eclipse both consoles. It happens every generation. Yes keeping your PC to up to spec is expensive, and that' s why we have consoles, but buying a console means you won' t be experiencing the best graphics/framerates etc that the gaming world can offer. Enough said.

Back on topic: The ending is rubbish. It' s seriously awful. The last boss fight is retarded too, but levels 6-11 inclusive are absolutely fantastic.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 20:21

Anyhoo, guys, enough with the " fanboy" sh!t. One of the most extreme fanboys has buggered off to some Swedish forum and we don' t need him coming back and getting involved in stiff like this. The stuff coming out on PC' s this year will eclipse both consoles. It happens every generation. Yes keeping your PC to up to spec is expensive, and that' s why we have consoles, but buying a console means you won' t be experiencing the best graphics/framerates etc that the gaming world can offer. Enough said.

Well Majik, there is only one person here who starts slinging out fanboy comments, and thats F3.

Its annoying, people arent allowed to talk positive of a game when its on the 360 before its released without being called a fanboy.

But to him, VF5 and Wii are the second and third coming of christ.

He has an antipathy for the 360 that i havent seen before. He likes sparking silly arguments with stupid comments.

And none of this discussion would have happened if he hadnt posted the first fanboy comment.

Even if the 360 had the best game ever, F3 would never admit it and say that wii sports is the greatest.

comments like

are worthless and only means to show F3 is prejudice against anything 360, its annoying. Most of us holds a fair respect to the Wii, and give the PS3 the repsect it deserves untill they prove otherwise, bye releasing it in europe.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 20:31

X is not as good as i thought but Y will be the one..

Y is not as good a i thought but Z will be the one..

This is what started the fanboy accusations? Haha that' s fun.
I think most games with some promise get hyped up by the people who get interested in them.
I mean, I' m hyping Metroid Prime 3 to insane levels
Just like lots of you hype up Mass Effect, as F3hunter hypes up Virtua Fighter, just as Quez hypes up Blue Dragon, just as Adam hypes up Kikizo.
It' s not just 360 fans who hype up games. Everyone does.

FACT: you blow an Italian Plumber and his pet Dinosaur.

Say what you like about Mario but one bad word about Yoshi again and I kill you!

Nitro

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 20:34
I know, but people react to it and that' s the problem. He' s only one guy and it' s not like he' s some ancient Spartan who can hold his own against many. One guy is easy to ignore, and there' s always the ' Ignore' button remember...

Plus, it wasn' t directed at you, i was directed at others, and f3 too.

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 14 Jan 07 12:36:40 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 20:37

I know, but people react to it and that' s the problem. He' s only one guy and it' s not like he' s some ancient Spartan who can hold his own against many. One guy is easy to ignore, and there' s always the ' Ignore' button remember...

Plus, it wasn' t directed at you, i was directed at others, and f3 too.

I know it was all of us, and part of what i wrote was to F3, maybe to show him he is the only one being a fool
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 14, 2007 22:41
Btw everyone, just to set the record straight: Bioware is not developing Fallout 3, nor have they ever developed any Fallout game (to my knowledge); that honor has very unfortunately gone to Bethesda soft (let' s hope they learn how to make a decent combat engine this time around. Tenth time' s the charm).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 00:38
I like WarioWare.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 02:20

Btw everyone, just to set the record straight: Bioware is not developing Fallout 3, nor have they ever developed any Fallout game (to my knowledge); that honor has very unfortunately gone to Bethesda soft (let' s hope they learn how to make a decent combat engine this time around. Tenth time' s the charm).
Dude, my bad! I' m gonna try reading the post next time.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message