Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 to Add Upsampled DVD, 1080p/24 Support
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 to Add Upsampled DVD, 1080p/24 Support - Dec 04, 2006 20:30
Start providing proof of your claims or don' t bother making them in the first place. You have friends that played Lair? Great, but you also have a friends who works at Kojima Productions who gives you inside information about the goings on at other studios. You' re from Portugal, staying in Mexico with your grandparents (?) and you have a PS3 + Resistance: Fall of Man. I' m not saying i don' t believe you, i would just like you to prove it before making anymore tall claims.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 to Add Upsampled DVD, 1080p/24 Support - Dec 05, 2006 06:11

the CEO of Factor 5 and director of Lair Julian Eggebrecht has said many times that in some cases there will be upto 10 000 strong soits not just some random number they throw at the press,
Like N3 said they' d have 1000s of enemies on screen at one time?

the 10 000 characters on screen and so on,
All the AI? Okay, hypothetically speaking. The PS3 could most likely render 10,000 enemies later in its lifespan. However, what' s 10,000 enemies if they' re doing nothing but jumping up and down? the Cell processor gets slaughtered when it comes to A.I.

Cell wasn' t built for complex Artificial Intelligence, It' s built to run simple straightforward tasks for millions of small things, making it quite adept at modeling the smoke grenade you threw around the corner, but crumbling when your team member bull-rushes the entire terrorist camp with 3 rounds in his rifle.

the hole level running in real time not " the pre baked way like in the past gen"
You mean like pre-rendering your E3 gameplay trailers? Yeah, that' s soooo last gen...

all the AI, the 1080p./7.1 chanels uncompresed audio
Gimme the numbers, what percentage of us can fully appreciate uncompressed 7.1? Take the number of us who have a 7.1 home-theater system on this forum. I.E. Unless I' m mistaken, that accounts for Evil Man, and obviously you. Now that' s two people out of all the folks that post on this forum, and we' re the technophiles! How many people can readily differentiate the difference between 5.1 and 7.1? As far as I' m concerned, 7.1 is far more suited to films.

played the demo but when i ask them if there where so many enemys they said they didnt knew or rather they are not certain, they didnt pay attention to the number of enemys
Okay, then you' ve got no hard proof of these 10,000 enemies.

how easy its to play whit the sixaxis,
Funny that, I' ve heard that it took some getting used to myself.

The camera worked to varying degrees, but it took some getting used to because of the tilt functionality when turning and the perspective changes during battle
Gamespot

I' m looking forward to Lair as a solid game, but I' ve seen screens, and no matter how many filters you throw on it, it' s still lo-res and rather unimpressive looking compared to the target screenies.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: PS3 to Add Upsampled DVD, 1080p/24 Support - Dec 05, 2006 08:02

Like N3 said they' d have 1000s of enemies on screen at one time?

I dont know about that because i didnt pay any attention to the devs in that game, but for one i trust Factor 5 alot more than i trust Pentagram

All the AI? Okay, hypothetically speaking. The PS3 could most likely render 10,000 enemies later in its lifespan. However, what' s 10,000 enemies if they' re doing nothing but jumping up and down? the Cell processor gets slaughtered when it comes to A.I.

Cell wasn' t built for complex Artificial Intelligence, It' s built to run simple straightforward tasks for millions of small things, making it quite adept at modeling the smoke grenade you threw around the corner, but crumbling when your team member bull-rushes the entire terrorist camp with 3 rounds in his rifle

U cant be serious, if u think so then its worthless even talking to u, i cant start an argument rigth now because im in a rush, or rather i dont have the time to do it, but lets save this topic for the next week, then we will know who its rigth

You mean like pre-rendering your E3 gameplay trailers? Yeah, that' s soooo last gen...

no, i mean like prerender the wather on Ace Combat, Blazing Angels, Crimson Skies, Sid Meiers Pirates and so on.

Gimme the numbers, what percentage of us can fully appreciate uncompressed 7.1? Take the number of us who have a 7.1 home-theater system on this forum. I.E. Unless I' m mistaken, that accounts for Evil Man, and obviously you. Now that' s two people out of all the folks that post on this forum, and we' re the technophiles! How many people can readily differentiate the difference between 5.1 and 7.1? As far as I' m concerned, 7.1 is far more suited to films.

I dont have 7.1 home theater but if the game gets good ranks i may buy one, but yes, very few people cant support 7.1 chanels/1080p, still its a great feature since there will be downloadable content and in the future and if u own the rigth equipment u can replay the game in better sound and video quality so it wont feel old.

Okay, then you' ve got no hard proof of these 10,000 enemies.

No, other than the word from the CEO of Factor 5, head developer and director of Lair, no. But the enviroments are huge, and they are bursting with enemys, but i agree, we will hace to whait and see

I' m looking forward to Lair as a solid game, but I' ve seen screens, and no matter how many filters you throw on it, it' s still lo-res and rather unimpressive looking compared to the target screenies.

Since its an in work progress i think its fair to espect some improvement, after all TGS 06 was the first build ever shown to the press, and the game its not sue until march 07, i guess u guys think of this as it couldnt get any better, or that Factor 5 are gonna sit in their ass from September to March whitout lifting a finger and let the time go, and yes, it takes some time getting use to the controler, once u are used toit its very easy to use, as i said.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 5 Dec 06 0:13:04 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread