Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4???
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 01, 2006 22:10

Gamecube however had the best controller last gen. At least, i prefer it.

Yeah that' s 1 nice smooth controller, good that it' ll be used with wii as well.

I found the L/R triggers to be a bit to deep to press though, but still usefull.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 01, 2006 22:14
The original Xbox controller was awful. Definitely not the result of extensive testing.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 00:05
Why is everyone worried about the PS4, the PS3 is looking like it is going to die on it' s backside, seeing as each game published needs to sell at least 500K copies, how many dev houses are going to risk financial security on a system that has been over burdened by component issues, release delays and the most worrying thing of all that the seemingly endless number of dev houses now taking their " exclusives" to the 360.
The move would appear to be something of a knee jerk reaction to Ken Kuratagi' s apparent lack of communication during the run up to the launch, if he isn' t already he should be preparing to commit Hari Kari.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 00:31

Yeah that' s 1 nice smooth controller

Yeah I think its an excellant pad but the really small D pad did piss me off however it was alot better than the overrated dualshock 2.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 03:04

And i fear that without a significant change, the industry would be headed for another crash.

I think that if Sony dropped out of the console race, then it is a possibility.

I would be shocked if Sony doesn' t make a PS4.

...but, I only hate Sony because of how cocky they got over the course of this year. But even then, I' m still trying to give the PS3 the benift of the doubt.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 04:09
Need I Say Anything???
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 1 Dec 06 20:10:46 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 05:23
One of these analysis will be right some day, as they seem to bet on every odd.

They make me laugh.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 08:04
I don' t think that the PS3 will just die.
Maybe just have some teething problems for a while just like microsoft did
but thats normal for the first year of a system release...
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 08:44

The original Xbox controller was awful. Definitely not the result of extensive testing.

Yeah, whose hands were they made for, bloody King Kongs?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 08:47
Mine?

I liked it very much,but after using the new 360 controller i would never go back.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 09:46

Your shrivelled grandma hands couldn' t handle The Duke, eh?

Just kidding. Actually I' ve long suspected that the playtesters who convinced MS that that was a good controller were secretly trying to sabotage MS.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 02, 2006 10:34
I liked " The Duke" . It fit my hands nicely.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 07:37

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I liked " The Duke" . It fit my hands nicely.

If by the duke you mean the first xbox1 controller then i agree. Its big size meant it fit comfortably in my hands. The smaller xbox1 controller gave me cramps (due to its small size) and i just refused outright to use it. The 360 has got to be the most confortable controller currently available, just beating the GC controller IMO. Gotta give kudos to microsoft, at least they made an effort to improve there controller design compared to another company i shall not mention *cough* sony *cough*.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 07:50
If MS dominates the console hardware market it will be a sad day for gamers. For everyone' s sake lets hope there IS a ps4.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 2 Dec 06 23:50:42 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 07:53
I got to agree with Evil 100% there. sony and microsoft must stay in the console business to keep each other on there toes (Nintendo goes there own direction). The last thing i want is a microsoft monopoly in the console business.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 2 Dec 06 23:54:12 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 08:03
How did they bastardize the industry? I myself was upset in a way because it' s success limited the success of the Nintendo 64(myself being an avid nintendo player since the NES), but I didnt hold sony responsible for that. Nintendo dropped the ball, and used cartidges instead of disks and didnt try and get the support of enough publishers.

You say Sony did nothing for the industry. Maybe " sony" didnt, but they payed developers and made a system they could use, and those developers made FF7, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 3(best true racing game ever) GTA3(vice city, San Andreas), Twisted Metal, Tony Hawk series, etc. The list goes on and on, most of the best and most succesful games of all time we Playstation exclusive, and if they ever showed up on Xbox, it was years after release on the ps2. psOne dominated the market for years and years(I played nintendo 64 at the time not psOne, so dont think I' m a fanboy) and they basically put the first beatdown on sega, and took Nintendo' s share, all with their first system.

You say Microsoft does revolutionary things. FOR ALL YOU HALO NERDS AND FANBOYS READ THIS!!!!!!!!! I was looking at Halo, being developed by Bungie when it was going to be an MMO, when it was supposed to be for the PC, with a dynamic and continuous world, where thousands of players would interact in the same world, fighting other players and computers that controlled the Covenant. This was a PC game that had already been fleshed out, and demo' d at e3, the engine was done, the models were made, the vehicles and guns were all playable, they even had maps done. Then Microsoft announced they would make an console......the Xbox, and needed a premier title. So, Microsoft seeing what potential Halo had, went and bought it, and payed bungie to make it for the Xbox. All of a sudden, a revolutionary FPS that was going to be the first of its kind in the MMO world, becomes an average FPS. Thanks Microsoft, for taking what was on its way to being an amazing game, and making it ok, and console specific.

Thats revolutionary? Halo 1 and 2 were good FPS games, thats it. They werent great, they werent revolutionary or amazing, they were good FPS. Halflife one and two, were and always will be better FPS' . Also, people raved about multiplayer Halo, well, the first and true Halo, was Goldeneye for the N64. That was the king of console FPS' s at the time, and no other game had done multiplayer console FPS like it to date.

Now, Microsoft did a good job with Xbox live, I will give them credit, they did exactly what I would have done, and every console maker should do. They took what was already succesfull on PC' s and ported to the Xbox. The idea of online gaming, upgradeable content, and recordable stats was already out there for PC, but Microsoft was smart enough to copy that in a user friendly medium to put on their system. Again, I give them credit for this, it was a great move, and pretty much, was the main thing that kept Xbox alive. This however wasnt revolutionary, just smart, it had already been done on the PC, they just did what Sony and Sega weren' t foresighted enough to do(the japanese arent into online gaming us much as the Europeans and North americans in particular are.
Dagashi

RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 08:13
The smaller Xbox controller was ok, and the 360' s is nice too. My favorite controller of all time is the N64 controller, and I loved the Dpad on the Super NES controller(the N64, and all subsequent controllers dont have as smooth a Dpad). I say that about the Dpad cuz I love street fighters, and sony/nintendo/xbox dpads hurt my thumb after a while, but the SNES never did.

I personally didnt like the GC controller, it was like a bad virtual boy controller, the trigger pulls were too long, the buttons were too small, then too large, for no good reason. The Xbox controllers were both better IMO.

After the N64 died off, I have too choose the ps2/ps3 controller as my fav, having parralel Joysticks is perfect for so many games, and I just find it easy to hit multiple buttons in succesion, and the triggers are always easy to click fast, and with the new resistance triggers for R2, and L2, sony has the best triggers in the industry, that I think Xbox and anyone else should copy. Trust me, for racing games, having a long, pressure sensitive trigger for throttle is great, the best part being that it has resistance so you dont just jam the gas all the time.
Nitro

RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 08:21
Halo was originally and RTS. Moron.
Dagashi

RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 08:25
no, it wasnt. I don' t know what to say other than that, if you can find old E3 demo' s you can see it was going to be an FPS MMO, and wasnt that far from completion.
Nitro

RE: Does the sony management reshuffle mean no more ps4??? - Dec 03, 2006 08:45
Bungie.net - Halo before Xbox

Don' t try to corrupt us with your Jew lies again!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message