Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!*
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 59
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 23:03

ORIGINAL: Shikashi

Bishonen is right Majik, I was not contradicting you.

Ooops! My bad dude...
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 23:10

don' t be ridiculous woman

Just to clarify, I' m a guy and I only chose this avatar because I' m a Shadow Hearts fan, she' s not too bad to look at either

if MGS4 comes out on 360, it' ll be at least a year later as " MGS4: Guns Of The Substance Subsistence" or something....

How can you be so sure? For all you know it may already have been in development for many months.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 27 Nov 06 15:10:33 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 23:46

don' t be ridiculous woman

Just to clarify, I' m a guy and I only chose this avatar because I' m a Shadow Hearts fan, she' s not too bad to look at either

...only girls like Shadow Hearts.....

...and this:

if MGS4 comes out on 360, it' ll be at least a year later as " MGS4: Guns Of The Substance Subsistence" or something....

How can you be so sure? For all you know it may already have been in development for many months.

...is just the kind of thing a nub girl-gamer would say....
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 23:51
C' mon, let' s have some respect. At least let sony have MGS and FF, that' s all they ask for... Pleeeaaase! Just these 2 games and the 600 Dollars there in your pocket, Sonny!
Calintz

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 23:52

only girls like Shadow Hearts

No they don' t.

...is just the kind of thing a nub girl-gamer would say....

Why all the insults? And more importantly why all the full stops?
Bishonen

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 00:03

Why all the insults?

...don' t be insulted, my sense of humour is just hard for noobs to understand....
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 00:05

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

Why all the insults?

...don' t be insulted, my sense of humour is just hard for noobs to understand....

Yeah but only because it' s gay humour and straight people like us don' t quite get it.
Bishonen

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 00:18
....geez...

....i didn' t think my jokes were that bad........
Calintz

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 00:23

i didn' t think my jokes were that bad

They truly are I didn' t even know you were joking.
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 01:14
@ Calintz:
What the heck are those assumptions about? If it is coming for the 360 (Which is not! Maybe in a re-edition of some sort, but even that it' s very unlikely) Konami would have made the big announcement by now. Just accept it already, MGS 4 is (For now at least, I' m not a crazy Fanboy who can' t accept that MGS would appear on the 360, it would even make my life easier) an exclusive for the PS3. Learn to live with it, besides you have SC, which you love so much because it is not about some crazy stupid Mech who may kill Mankind, why are you people so worried about MGS 4?
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 27 Nov 06 17:15:27 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 01:17

some crazy stupid Mech who may kill Mankind

wait, its not about Bill Gates?
Shikashi

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 01:22
Well...Maybe the Mankind part, but I don' t think Bill is a Mech.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 03:04

Does Microsoftneed MGS4 though?
No, but does Sony need it? Yes. It' d be a huge blow to Sony, & Microsoft realises that.

Microsoft already has Splinter Cell, or as I call it complete rip-off of MGS with more focus on Gameplay and dumb stories,

When Splinter Cell began, it had a radically different approach to stealth than MGS. Metal Gear Solid' s original gameplay was hide from the set track patrolling guards, & pop ' em when their back was turned with a tranq. Splinter Cell involved bypassing guards, or moving in close before you " dispatched" them from the shadows.

I' ve beaten the original Splinter Cell without firing a single round, & I can' t say the same is possible for Metal Gear Solid. Don' t get me wrong, they' re both some of my favorite games of all time, but the two are coming closer and closer together as time goes on, one isn' t copying off of the other.

Just accept it already, MGS 4 is (For now at least, I' m not a crazy Fanboy who can' t accept that MGS would appear on the 360, it would even make my life easier) an exclusive for the PS3
Assasin' s Creed was a PS3 " " exclusive" " for absolutely ages before the official 360 version was announced.

Well...Maybe the Mankind part, but I don' t think Bill is a Mech.
Close, Bill' s a Borg.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 Nov 06 20:29:04 >
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 04:23

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Does Microsoftneed MGS4 though?
No, but does Sony need it? Yes. It' d be a huge blow to Sony, & Microsoft realises that.

Ok and so following a rational line of thinking; since Microsoft can obviously afford to pay an awful lot more than Sony - is Konami the kind of company that would agree to such a thing? and would they force Kojima to port the game to another platform when he has already made it clear that Metal Gear Solid is a Playstation franchise?
Shikashi

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 04:41
No, or at least I don' t think they are. If Konami puts too much pressure on Kojima he may get fed up with the ordeal and leave Konami, is it just me or that would be bad for business?
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 05:31

No, of course they want the game, but they dont need it, but it would convert some sony fanboys.

How the hell would a game that' ll most likely be graphically inferior and atleast 6 months late, Convert sony fans?? lol

IF it does come out to 360, Sony fans / PS3 owners aint gona care in the slightest.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 06:12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

quote:

Does Microsoft need MGS4? No, but does Sony need it? Yes. It' d be a huge blow to Sony, & Microsoft realises that.

Ok and so following a rational line of thinking; since Microsoft can obviously afford to pay an awful lot more than Sony - is Konami the kind of company that would agree to such a thing? and would they force Kojima to port the game to another platform when he has already made it clear that Metal Gear Solid is a Playstation franchise?
That' s where I disagree, rationality isn' t the name of the game in the industry (no pun intended), you know that. While it' s been stated that Kojima feels that the main platform is the PS3, he has given the go-ahead for other projects under the Metal Gear Solid name in the past. I' m not saying that Kojima will have anything to do directly with it, but companies aren' t known for their idealism & the right amount of yen, I' m betting Konami would buckle before Kojima would.

Looking at it that way though, Kojima seems tired of doing sequels, so if a port/new entry was designed for the 360, and farmed off to say, Silicon Knights or somebody of the ilk, it would do two things. Untie Kojima' s hands for his new IP. Give Konami a financial boost, & provide Microsoft with some proverbial ninjas to hit the Japanese market with.

No, of course they want the game, but they dont need it, but it would convert some sony fanboys.

How the hell would a game that' ll most likely be graphically inferior and atleast 6 months late, Convert sony fans?? lol
???
You really think a good development team couldn' t make the (hypothetical) 360 version look gorgeous?
< Message edited by Eddie_the_hated -- 27 Nov 06 22:15:22 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 06:35

You really think a good development team couldn' t make the (hypothetical) 360 version look gorgeous?

It all depends how much of a advantage Konami/MGS4 uses of the PS3.

A still picture can look gorgeous, but as soon as that is forced to run with tons of crazy flowing world and object animations, all at 60fps, can it cope??
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 27 Nov 06 22:37:16 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 09:28

yes, there are still sony fanboys that would kill for Metal queer solid, but you have a point that most people could care less
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 12:17
He is not lead director, he is co-director. I said he would be at the helm, but he is not solely directoring this. I wasn' t saying you were wrong, but don' t think you are right 100% because you aren' t he is CO-directing.

Initially, Hideo Kojima announced that he would be retiring as director of the Metal Gear series after Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and would leave his position open to another person for Metal Gear Solid 4. As a joke, the new director was announced as " Alan Smithee" , but in R, a 400-page book bundled with Metal Gear Solid 3' s Japanese " Premium Package" , the director was revealed to be Shuyo Murata, co-writer of MGS3 and director of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. He has also contributed humorous easter eggs to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear: Ghost Babel.

However, on May 17, 2005, it was announced on Kojima Productions' official website that Kojima will be co-directing the game with Murata. This was after a substantial negative fan reaction and even death threats.[5]

Since I should add something to the thread instead of make a useless post, to the point of Kojima not directing a 360 version. That would be fine. Twin Snakes turned out great and it was directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. So as long as the base framework is laid out by Kojima which it will be, any director after that should be able to fully realize a perfect port.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 28 Nov 06 4:22:37 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread