Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!*
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 16:07

Kojima isn' t Director of MGS4 anyway, he is at the helm. But from what I have seen from every trailer it is Shuyo Murata.

^^^ That' s what you said and you were wrong. Don' t try and twist things now. Kojima is director, Murata is co-director. They aren' t both co-directors you muppet.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 16:58
My only question Majik is why are you so defensive over this? Hideo is involved with the directing, no reason to push that he is doing everything because with him having a co-director or him being one he isn' t going to be doing everything himself.

Calm down take some ritalin or something, never should get heated over something so small.
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 17:27

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

My only question Majik is why are you so defensive over this? Hideo is involved with the directing, no reason to push that he is doing everything because with him having a co-director or him being one he isn' t going to be doing everything himself.

Calm down take some ritalin or something, never should get heated over something so small.

I' m not pushing anything. You said he wasn' t directing - read exactly what you said. I contested and you tried changing the subject.

I even tried leaving it, saying i' d said my piece and would leave you to it, but noooooo, you had to attempt a comeback. Well, to get an idea of how retarded you are, people could just check out your poor excuse for a website and your game " reviews" . Seriously ' Alecrein Productions' ??? Give me a fucking break.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 17:54

Well, to get an idea of how retarded you are, people could just check out your poor excuse for a website and your game " reviews" . Seriously ' Alecrein Productions' ??? Give me a fucking break.

Well I could defend myself which my previous " comeback" was. Alecrein Productions was more of a personal site I did just for fun. My reviews are opinions and those reviews take me about 5 min. to write I don' t put much effort into them, because Alecrein Productions is not based around that site.

I can tell you have some kind of issue with me, I' ve only been trying to defend my position which was false. So what exactly do I do or say that has created such a hatred that you would throw flames at me in close to every response? I know I was wrong, but I' m one of those people that won' t admit he is wrong until he actually explores that option.

Seriously though. The Thread is about a possible 360 port for MGS4. Nothing more, nothing less. This has turned into a one-sided flame war, so I' ll just step away from this thread.
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 18:11
*rolls eyes*

Anyway, my take on the subject was...

If 360 gets a MGS game then i a) don' t expect Kojima to direct, and b) don' t expect it to be a fully fledged iteration. I' d expect it to be online focused.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 28 Nov 06 10:13:09 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 19:38

...is just the kind of thing a nub girl-gamer would say....

Bishonen, shut up, before I point out how girls find you homo-erotic.

Assasin' s Creed was a PS3 exclusive for absolutely ages before the announcement was made.

In the same issue (and same rumor section), it' s revealed that Assasin' s Creed has ALWAYS been multi-platform. At the special request of Sony (and prolly more than one check), it was kept a secret that it would also be available on the 360 before and during the E3 and TGS events.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 28 Nov 06 11:42:01 >
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 19:57

ORIGINAL: Byakko

In the same issue (and same rumor section), it' s revealed that Assasin' s Creed has ALWAYS been multi-platform. At the special request of Sony (and prolly more than one check), it was kept a secret that it would also be available on the 360 before and during the E3 and TGS events.

Assassins Creed was announced at X05, a Microsoft event. Sony basically paid Ubisoft to not talk about the 360 version at all for a whole year. It' s suspected they also paid Konami to pretend to be developing a first person shooter called ' Killing day' and SEGA a first person shooter called ' Fifth Phantom Saga' , one of which has since been " canceled" the other MIA

Rampage and myself were adamant that Assassins Creed was due on 360 too. Sony have had money troubles and haven' t been able to afford big exclusives.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 20:29
If it happens? then at Sony. Not that i care as ive always found the series to be over rated
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 21:26

What the heck are those assumptions about?

Whilst, you' re most probably right, we are talking about a game here that could be years away from release.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 28, 2006 23:37

...is just the kind of thing a nub girl-gamer would say....

Bishonen, shut up, before I point out how girls find you homo-erotic.

....get in line honey...
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 02:43
What pisses me off the most is that even if every single 3rd part PS3 game came out on the 360 as well, I would still have to eventually buy a PS3 just for the next Fumito Ueda game; or maybe he' ll start developing for the 360? Sigh... a man can dream though... a man can dream.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 03:38
Splinter Cell 5 will own MGS4 in terms of gameplay and depth... If you want
something equivalent to MGS4 storyline, go stand in a dark room with a bunch
of people and figure out where everyone is..
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 03:59
Rofl! You' re a funny guy...Wait, you were serious?! You have some kind of time-machine? Seems to me you can tell the future, right?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 04:27
Yeah, he does, you don' t even know!

You really think a good development team couldn' t make the (hypothetical) 360 version look gorgeous?

It all depends how much of a advantage Konami/MGS4 uses of the PS3.

A still picture can look gorgeous, but as soon as that is forced to run with tons of crazy flowing world and object animations, all at 60fps, can it cope??
If it works in reverse for the PS3 version, why not? The gameplay stills from MGS4 look like total crap. Bad effects, muddy/repeating textures, not cool at all. And yet it still manages to look impressive in motion. It' s apples & oranges.

Assasin' s Creed was a PS3 exclusive for absolutely ages before the announcement was made.

I know, sorry, should have made it clearer. I forgot to throw quotes around exclusive.

Edit: Fixed!

to pretend to be developing a first person shooter called ' Killing day' and SEGA a first person shooter called ' Fifth Phantom Saga' , one of which has since been " canceled" the other MIA
No wonder Fifth Phantom Saga looked like crap. Nobody, even Sony, would be dumb enough to put a promising game directly after the MGS4 trailer.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 Nov 06 20:33:25 >
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 04:30
And Sony even put their name to it...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 04:35
Y' know, looking back on it, those textures were unusually crisp. Huh, it' s scary what you can dupe people into these days.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 14:12
Majik,

Your 100% wrong on Konami developing Killing Day. I know for a fact it was Ubisoft.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748469.aspx

its a shame that that it is aparently canceled (according to IGN)

I was actually looking forward to hearing more about this game, but it just never happened.
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 16:11
Meh! Konami, Ubisoft, same thing.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 30, 2006 17:30
" Meh! Konami, Ubisoft, same thing."

LOL
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission