Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:33

Chaos Theory
RE4
Ninja Gaiden
Riddick

damn true... anyway there are other very nice looking games, half life 2 (xbox) or doom 3 (xbox) sure it doesn' t look as good as the pc games, but for last gen console , it was impressive.. killzone best looking game in last gen ? NO FUCKING WAY.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:37

damn true... anyway there are other very nice looking games, half life 2 (xbox) or doom 3 (xbox) sure it doesn' t look as good as the pc games, but for last gen console , it was impressive.. killzone best looking game in last gen ? NO FUCKING WAY.

Yeah, I just listed games " made for consoles" , but yeah, I was impressed by the fact they even got those games running on the XBox.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 01:47
Yeah Black was cool i hope we see a next gen version of that.
Hiroshi

• Total Posts : 11
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 03:31
someone obviously forgot about Metroid Prime games... show me any other FPS on the last gen consoles with such an amount of details and running at the constant 60 frames/s...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 03:56

The first Killzone had the best graphics on current-gen consoles, no point in denying that (atleast that was what the reviews said). So maybe the game won' t be good, but I' m confident it will look good.
On current gen consoles? No, on playstation, it comes in at a solid third IMO.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 04:21
I won' t believe a word of it until I see real gameplay video. These guys already ruined their credibility.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 04:36

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

The first Killzone had the best graphics on current-gen consoles, no point in denying that (atleast that was what the reviews said). So maybe the game won' t be good, but I' m confident it will look good.

Huh?

What do you say?!

I say that:

Resident evil 4
Chaos Theory
Ninja Gaiden

were the best looking last gen games. And BLACK walks all over Killzone visually anyway. Where did you get that from?

Atleast for the current time being. If you walk close to a human corpse on Killzone, you can see details in the skin and every eyelash, aswell as a realstic face (if you compare at other PS2 game at the time.) If you don' t believe me, then you maybe want to ask magazines like SuperPlay(Big magazine here in sweden) and others, saying that Killzone was the best looking game on PS2.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 05:22

Technically it' s possible to achieve something comparable to the trailer, but by Guerrilla, a company who haven' t made a good game yet?!

Have u even played Killzon Liberation???

The first killzone had its flaws but most of them where due to the hardware, Guerrilla its full packed whit potential, just look at Liberations.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 05:34
I' ll give you that, Killzone Liberation is one of the best game son PSP.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 05:36

so have u played the game???
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 05:39

ORIGINAL: fernandino

so have u played the game???

Ofcourse. It' s not perfect but the isometric view is certainly better than trying to make it first person on PSP.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 09:05

Have u even played Killzon Liberation???

as much as i would love to sit and look at a tiny hand held screen for hours watching my fingers cripple up on a psp' s(better yet, any sony console) unconfortable placing of buttons for a killzone game? yeah ill pass
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 14:59

as much as i would love to sit and look at a tiny hand held screen for hours watching my fingers cripple up on a psp' s(better yet, any sony console) unconfortable placing of buttons for a killzone game? yeah ill pass

Yeah it seems like Sony is dead set on creating a controller thats absolutely impossible to play FPS on without thumbs cramping up! But nooo, we dont admit the competition has a better controller, and fix it accordingly, ohh wait that s what they did with the sixaxis, but why on earth didnt they place the analog sticks properly!

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 22:25

Yeah it seems like Sony is dead set on creating a controller thats absolutely impossible to play FPS on without thumbs cramping up! But nooo, we dont admit the competition has a better controller, and fix it accordingly, ohh wait that s what they did with the sixaxis, but why on earth didnt they place the analog sticks properly!

exactly, they copy every other idea except that one
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 15, 2006 23:14
i guess Metroid prime 1 and 2 didn' t look good to other people

actually did like Killzone

but that texture quailty is a bit high I just hope they allow split screen co op
i also find animation to be much more important personally

i really wish people stop saying Killzone is crap
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 16, 2006 00:40
I dunno and I' m no expert, but I think it is most likely not possible for the Ps3 to make grafix like that shown in the E3 2005 Killzone trailer... They might make look damned good still and might be able to trick the eye to think it looks almost as great.

I liked Killzone better than Halo because of the closed close combat feeling, and yet I liked Halo better than Killzone for its wide open combats...
Nitro

RE: Killzone exceeds 2005 trailer... - Nov 16, 2006 04:04
Killzone had a nice style, cool weapons and great cutscenes. That' s it. Gameplay was lacking to say the least.

Sony have done somthing ver clever though. The hype and myth generated by the E3 2005 trailer has given Killzone a chance to stand up to Halo 3. Halo 3' s hype will be bigger but Killzone is still being talked about because of a CG trailer. When Killzone is shown properly there will be as much of a fuss as when Halo 3 is shown properly.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message