Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign - Nov 06, 2006 23:15
Right, we have to find at least $50 million, thats a stable estimate at what teh DC version cost SEGA plus another couple to re-tool for current gen... although some thigns have moved on substantially since then like mo-cap etc..

Seriously though despite the costs in terms of developement being less back in the day, Shenmue on the DC still looks good today - that would require MASSIVE investment to pull off the same ' reputation' visuals today.

Personally I' d be happy to see the series finished with xbox / dc graphics - just to get the story concluded.

Also Yuzo only wrote a couple of the tracks for Shenmue, although he is my favorite composer next to Uematsu - whose work of late has been stunning, imho better than some fo the FF stuff he has done. Blue dragon & Lost Oddesey have been blessed with his work, in fact he could take shenmue in a whole new direction...

Capcom taking shenmue forward would be interesting, hire Yu Suzuki and headhunt everyone from SEGA they require lol. I' d pay double to get that title in my hands, but I cannot even get close to estimating the team size required to ' next gen' shenmue frmo the beggining, alas - I doubt it will see the light of day any time soon - but if it did.....

Perhaps we should make a thread of crazy things people would have to do if the game was ever released like running naked through the streets etc..etc.. would be quite funny seeing quezdoing something crazy in years to come!

So what would YOU do for Shenmue 3 to be produced?
PeterC

• Total Posts : 6
RE: BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign - Nov 07, 2006 05:04
VideoGaiden had its first episode of the new season last night, and a small part of the show was used to demonstrate just what the Shenmue 3 campaign is. Each week the 2 hosts will demonstrate viewers arguments, videos and letters etc and will gain points on a leaderboard, at the end of which the winner will either jet off to Sega headquarters to get answers on Shenmue 3, or tell Sega to shove Shenmue3.

I urge people one more time to at least consider lending some support to gain answers to Shenmue 3, and hopefully Sega to recognise the fact that there still are Shenmue fans out there and who want to see the conclusion to the epic story. The web addresses are below. Please help the Shenmue 3 campaign!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/videogaiden/campaign/index.shtml - official site

http://www.youtube.com/group/videogaiden - youtube video support
B_Ren

• Total Posts : 15
RE: BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign - Nov 08, 2006 08:34
The next step!

biglime wrote:
Guys, this is the big one. We need as many people as possible to do this. If you have family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, try to get them involved in this. It' s vitally important that Sega sees that there is not only the old audience but a new audience out there ready and waiting, money in hand, for the launch of Shenmue III.

We want everyone to upload a photo with their real name and location and the photo should be a simple head shot with a plaster under the eye and the money for the game in your hand. Let' s push this in a big way.

Thanks for all the help, please visit http://iseethree.thefraudcast.com

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread