Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 01, 2006 16:34

But, more power comming into the unit means powerful graphics, AI, and that fancy jazz corecto?

Uhh, the short answer is no. There isn' t a direct correllation with watts to performance, generally the more watts you have in relation to a time periode you have better performance however some electronics are more energy efficient. Hence the reason in the computer industry they always talk about performance per watt.

We don' t know how the PS3 and 360 compare in terms of performance per watt, so we cannot make the presumption that the PS3 is more powerful because it uses more electricity.

Another thing is that they both have completely different architecture, so even if you could understand the performance per watt (which they cannot be compared to eachother) the machines will treat data differently so its impossible to know which performs better based on how energy efficient and energy consuption.

To illustrate my point, take a look at AM2 and Core 2 Duo, the intel chips perform better yet operate at a much lower wattage.

If you want another example, my new computer has a 450 watt power supply and probably uses 350 watts when gaming. Yet the 360 shitts all over my computer with games like Gears of War and Mass Effect. So more Watts does not mean more performance. I haven' t even mentioned other non related things like the HDD,disc reader,fans that eat up power without really affecting performance.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 01, 2006 16:43
We need to drop this discussion about which is most powerful.

The diffrence between ps3/xbox360 is gonna be much smaller then for ex a xbox and ps2.

And even though xbox and ps2 had the best looking games,GC made perhaps the best looking game with RE4,yes it came to ps2 with downscaled graphic later but still.

You see how it is?

Give right dev time and experiment with hardware and anything can happend.

Ps3 might crush 360 in graphic ,and 360 might crush ps3,its all up to developers,but more truly i think it will be equal,with us arguing ovber some diffrent IP next to each other.

And more watt doesnt mean more power ffs.
A car that drinks oil like beer doesnt make it run ten times better,now does it?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 02, 2006 01:35
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 02, 2006 01:38
quez?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 02, 2006 02:18
Ladies and gentlemen, make your peace with all, and pray to your God(s), the world is ending
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 05, 2006 22:42
Worst thing about this is that the ps3 [and 360/wii] have stand by modes which are retarded, wastes you money and destorys the planet. Funky man.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 5 Nov 06 17:59:49 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The PS3 Costs 40$ a year................ in power - Nov 06, 2006 01:17
Who are you and what did you do with Quez?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 5 Nov 06 17:18:02 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread