Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 16:51

Yes, its best to leave fanboys in there own dream worlds, one day they have to wake up!.

You already set your alarm clock or did you smash it so your delusions could continue?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 16:58
**wonders what Gears will look like in 1080p**
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 17:01
Actually, sorry.

GOW is by far the best looking game ive ever Seen!

[hope that gentles your sleep pattern]

Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 17:07
Well unless its PS3 or PC you wont say that and mean it. no matter if it really was (which it is) the best game ever made.youve got your mind set against it!
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:04

no matter if it really was (which it is) the best game ever made

Oh, Dear..

For someone who calls a Seris which:

Pioneered the ' 3D' fighter Genre and Motion capture in games plus steadily used some of most advanced motion capture techniques to date.

Pioneered Polygon use in games, as we now know them.

Has steadily the deepest gameplay system devised!

Which has the most hardcore ' Professional' game fans u' ll ever find!

Has its own weekly VF tournament gatherings that has been going strong for over EIGHT years.

total Garbage.

I wouldnt go around making wild claims like that, especially a good looking but obviously unoriginal Shooter that hasn’t even been reviewed yet..

GOW a great 360 shooting game, maybe.
GOW the best game ever made, Not a chance in hell.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 31 Oct 06 10:13:33 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:11

I wouldnt go around making wild claims like that, especially a good looking but obviously unoriginal Shooter that hasn’t even been reviewed yet..

Fighting games are only fun for one hour at a time, sure some worship them, but they arent my thing, im very unimpressed with VF, the visual style and the animation and fighting styles of DOA, are much more appealing to me!

Yet you say we shouldnt talk about a game that hasnt bee reviewed yet! please link the VF5 review to me!

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:16
GOW makes other games look poopy. The gameplay looks just as amazing. Cliffy B FTW!

GOW > *
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:23

Yet you say we shouldnt talk about a game that hasnt bee reviewed yet! please link the VF5 review to me!

What? You dissed the entire VF seris remember!!. And besides VF5 has been out for months now and ive played it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:25
yeah, i dont like VF, its not fun!
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 18:33
Lol, its not fun now? i thought it was total garbage? or did i educate u alittle?

TBH, why am i replying to a fanboy? i dont know

Its not like posting on japanese gaming BBS.

I can understand why the most hardcore japanese games never reach the 360 and its userbase, ive noticed they Seem to not have a clue what makes a good game, especially if it dont include sweaty Blokes and big guns.

Hehe.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 31 Oct 06 10:45:39 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:00

Lol, its not fun now? i thought it was total garbage? or did i educate u alittle?

TBH, why am i replying to a fanboy? i dont know

Its not like posting on japanese gaming BBS.

I can understand why the most hardcore japanese games never reach the 360 and its userbase, ive noticed they Seem to not have a clue what makes a good game, especially if it dont include sweaty Blokes and big guns.

Hehe.

Lol, you call me a fanboy? i prefer my 360, but ill get a Wii and probably a PS3 when its cheaper and has games worth playing. You are the one convinced you can play 60 FPS games on 1080p no slow downs on all games, your ignorant. and you belive in sony propaganda, seeing is believing!
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:15

You are the one convinced you can play 60 FPS games on 1080p no slow downs on all games, your ignorant. and you belive in sony propaganda, seeing is believing!

I love the way you just made all that up.

To correct you.

I admitted that motorstorm has awesome Motion and physics

Im intersted in PS3 only because of VF5

How do i feel about sony??

Well lets see what i created and submitted on Wii60.com:

http://www.wii60.com/uploads/1225.jpg

Nitro

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:25
VF kicks ass but it' s not for everybody, and i can see why some people don' t like it.

Gears is the best looking game, and that' s taking into account ALL announced PS3 games and anything on PC so far. The big difference is that the only PC games that will look as nice, or nicer are games that will be running on DX10 graphics cards.

Oh, and there are 8 HD gameplay video' s at GameTrailers and more on the way...

When I saw this, I was flabbergasted. I am just gonna keep picking up that
" Hammer of God." weapon...

What' s it called???

Hammer of Dawn, and i mentioned it waaaaaay back in April?! In fact, i even mentioned the melee combat and chainsaw waaaaaay before it was shown/announced. Right back when OptaviusX was here claiming to work for Epic. It' s just a shame they passed on the voice command mechanics that they had originally intended to use.

The Hammer of Dawn can be used in co-op too, so you can both players can rain fiery death on the Locust Horde!

I like the rifle!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 31 Oct 06 11:35:54 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:35

I love the way you just made all that up.

To correct you.

I admitted that motorstorm has awesome Motion and physics

Im intersted in PS3 only because of VF5

How do i feel about sony??

Well lets see what i created and submitted on Wii60.com:

I dont want to bother to find all the threads where you state the PS3' s 60fps and 1080 capabilities!

You dont contribute to the forum with any valid comments, and when people prove you wrong they ignore you! So ill ignore you!
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:41

Even if i dont agree, im still loving the look of GOW..

Im currently making a nice meaty Data DVD collection of GOW, VF and a few Wii ecite truck, Mario galaxy, etc Videos to playback on my newly updated 360..

(i hope these do play back, grr)
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:46
annoying, obviously you two aren' t going to agree or convince the other anything. Give it up.

Gears of war does look great, and i would like to give the game a try though to say i am excited about it would be a lie. Not least for the fact i' m still not in the next generation, although i' ll have access to GOW once it has released. It seems like fun.

As for the VF5 comparrison, I don' t really think comparing two different genres is fair. 1 on 1 fighting games have always looked like the best games on a console, but then they have less to worry about than action/adventure styled games.
I think VF5 looks nice but given the genre was expecting a lot more visually, however i' m sure the game is as awesome as ever, though ive not really liked it since i had my Saturn and VF2.
Nitro

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 19:49

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Even if i dont agree, im still loving the look of GOW..

Im currently making a nice meaty Data DVD collection of GOW, VF and a few Wii ecite truck, Mario galaxy, etc Videos to playback on my newly updated 360..

(i hope these do play back, grr)

The fall update will be available later on today and playback from CD/DVD' s will be possible.

I' m going to check out how 360 handles 1080p tonight. I want to see what GRAW and RB6 look like as while they look slightly sharper in 1080i than 720p the difference is negligible and the framerate suffers.

I still think 720p will be the most popular resolution for next gen console games.
f3hunter

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 20:14
Ive tried SD to HD 720P (WMV) Videos, Mp3s and photos. My 360 now plays all of them with no problem.

Although you still cant save them on to your 360 HD, which is ashame.

Out of all the HD vids ive played from my 360, which ones honestly look the best?

Actually Motorstorm looks clearly the best (the VF5 ones is not very good quaility TBH, although you can clearly see the awesome 60fps, realtime reflective puddles and slash FX).

GOW looks nice, but looked kinda bland and colorless.

Anyway, lets not go there again.

Cool Update tho (even tho i was expecting most of these features out of the box).

Let us know about the 1080 Majic, that would be great!
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 20:28

GOW looks nice, but looked kinda bland and colorless.

Its the visual style, sort of how' d you picture germany in 40ies with everything torn and broken, bright colours wouldnt fit, some like the style others dont!
Nitro

RE: Gears utterly crushes every announced PS3 title. Visually. - Oct 31, 2006 20:33

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Let us know about the 1080 Majic, that would be great!

I' m still very skeptical as it' s not even " true" 1080p. It' s a workaround but i fear it will lead to framerate issues in games that weren' t made with it in mind.

I' ll be checking it out via VGA as my HDTV only supports 720p/1080i and not 1080p. Whether i' ll be able to notice the difference on a 23" TFT monitor or not i have no idea. I guess i' ll see when i go home.

So the update has already gone through?! And you just threw some WMV video' s on a DVD (as a data disc?) and it played them no problem?!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message