Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft is getting bitchy
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 29, 2006 11:07

" Thanks for your patronage Gold Members. We think it' s about time we gave you something for your troubles"

But then they should just give the Gold members more, instead they are taking things away from us petty Silver members.

BTW: Surprising amount of positive reaction over this announcement. Bet everyone would sing a different tune if a certain other company made a similair announcement.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 29, 2006 11:16

What' s the idea cutting off potential sales by making a trailer exclusive?!
Making gold seem like it' s worth the money. It' s an incentive to throw 50 bucks their way.

I don' t mean to be heartless here, but how long is it really going to take before it hits youtube/google video/limewire/putfile/ oh, am I rambling? Mesosorry. C' mon now, all you' re really paying for is the high-def quality. And that' s if you don' t have a monster PC that eats HD vids for breakfast.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 29, 2006 12:21

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

BTW: Surprising amount of positive reaction over this announcement. Bet everyone would sing a different tune if a certain other company made a similair announcement.

Hah! It seems pretty divided to me if you read the posts on the previous page. Quite a few people are against it. Subscriptions for exclusive content is a common thing nowdays. Most gaming websites have some exclusive area for paying members - and it wasn' t always like that either. They used to be free and equal for all, now they are not (or very limited for free users). I don' t see how this is any different.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 29, 2006 13:13
I don' t care, I have no sympathy for 360 owners without Live Gold. It is the selling point of the console! Just get it! MS isn' t the one that is bitching.... I hardly ever use my 360 offline, its just not nearly as fun once you get used to Live.

Playing 360 without Live is as awkward as it would be having to use the original xbox controller. I don' t think I would have bought a 360 if it wasn' t for Live.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 29 Oct 06 5:16:15 >
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 29, 2006 14:07
Now, if Gold Members get like a discount on purchasables online, that' d also be a bouns.

As for making Silver Members wait for something free, I can' t complain. RedvsBlue.com releases its videos like 3-4 days after the paying people get thiers.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Microsoft is getting bitchy - Oct 31, 2006 23:08
Oh well... buy the gold membership. If you can afford a 360, high speed internet, etc. than im pretty sure you can afford a 50$ subscription.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message