Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MotorStorm rocks too!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 17:00
Syphon Filter I havent tried

Shadow of the Colossus Great gane

Gran Turismo
Racing isnt my thing, but incase, PGR 3

Daxter Destroyed after the first game

ICO Great Idea good game

God of War i Prefer Ninja Gaiden, Too Human holds promise as well

Dark Cloud ?

Rouge Galaxy Rouge is something you put on your cheeks?

WhipeOut
Its been done better

SOCOM
Graw and R6 are better IMO

Sly Cooper Wasnt that just a fling? It looked okay with the Cell

Siren What?

Killzone
Halo, Wolfenstein, Quake Wars, Huxley.

LocoRoco I know i should know, but i dont!

Jak and Daxter
Look above

Ratchet & Clank Why make two games that are nearly the same? the tv commercials were okay though
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 23 Oct 06 9:02:08 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 17:01

You may think the 360 has underdelivered

Thing is i think 360 has delivered on some aspects, from the move away from Xbox 1, almost every single 360 game has some sort of online content if not actual online play..

MS have done wonders with its LIVE content and software (the layouts and design are a world away from the unimpressive PS3 interface shown a few days ago).

I Really, REALLY rate MS for how it’s continued the Sega Dreamcasts Legacy in Pushing Online play /features. Although its ashame we have to Pay £39 a year and there still isn’t a Browser or M&K support.(two of the better features of the Dreamcast)..

As for the Ps3' s Power.. People who understand even a little bit would know the PS3 on Paper has alot more to be tapped into. Its good for fan boys to ' pick on choose' games that are slightly less prettier than there 360 versions..

What about the first party titles that look better than the developers first attempts on 360. Games such as Fight Night, NBA 2K6, Oblivion ETC and course Exclusives such as Motostorm and VF5. These are First party LAUNCH titles FFS.

Nearly all the Podcast are developer comments ive read who are working on a PS3 games have stated how much potential PS3 has, and that its system combined with the hard drive feature, blueray, and how it can do a serious amount of instructions per second ETC..

Saying that PS3 cant Do Gears of War is just STUPID, especially when two PS3 launch titles ‘technically’ overshadow it.

All I say is just wait till this time next year and beyond.
Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 17:07

Saying that PS3 cant Do Gears of War is just STUPID, especially when two PS3 launch titles ‘technically’ overshadow it.

If you read what i said, i said it would be able to do it.

Think of it this way, you have a game that you' ve finished and released, then someone tells you you have 1 year to work on and keep improving the title for another platform, its bound to look slightly better.

Games like COD3 (which looks really sad) and R6 on the PS3 pale in comparison with the 360 versions. If the devs has to use one year more on each title to look on par or slightly better than the 360, thats a problem!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 17:43

Im not quite sure if the 360 will have better graphics, thats up to the GPU, and we dont know the final specs for the RSX

24 pixel pipelines, 8 vertex pipelines, 8 ROPS, 500MHz core, and 650MHz memory.

Triangle Setup - 250 Million Triangles/sec

Vertex Shader Processing - 1.0 Billion Vertices/sec

Filtered Texture Fetch - 12.0 Billion Texels/sec

Vertex Texture Fetch - 4.0 Billion Texels/sec

Pixel Shader Processing with 16 Filtered Texels Per Cycle (Pixel ALU x Clock) - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec

Pixel Shader Processing without Textures (Pixel ALU x Clock) - 24.0 Billion Pixels/sec

Multisampled Fill Rate - 8.0 Billion Samples/sec (8 ROPS x 2 Samples x 500MHz)

Pixel Fill Rate with 4x Multisampled Anti-Aliasing - 2.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 2 Samples x 500MHz / 4)

Pixel Fill Rate without Anti-Aliasing - 4.0 Billion Pixels/sec (8 ROPS x 500MHz)

Frame Buffer Bandwidth:

• 20.8 GB/sec (shared with other graphics data: textures and vertices)
  • 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)
  • 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)

Texture/Vertex Memory Bandwidth:

• 20.8 GB/sec (shared with frame buffer)
  • 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)
  • 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)

Shader Model - Shader Model 3.0 / Discrete Shader Architecture

...seriously doooooooode, PS3 is sooooooo powerful it can obviously bend reality and warp people minds!!!!!!!!

Getting back on topic, i said MotorStorm look great in the latest footage and i got threatened by Rampage!!! It looks cool and i want to play it. This and Resistance are worthy launch titles, but the sooner DMC4 and Heavenly Sword are released the better...
  • Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 17:44
    I just had to comment after you posted that First Party game list:

Syphon Filter - GREAT Game...everything past #1 was horrible however.
    Shadow of the Colossus - Was this really done by them? I am surprised, one of the most impressive games I have played.
    Gran Turismo - Er...always hated it control scheme is horrible, no damage always ticked me off.
    Daxter - You forgot Jak, since he was the only good thing about it :)
    ICO - Same as Shadow an amazing game.
    God of War - I liked the game, but David Jaffe is starting to come off as a moron on G4 in an interview about Game Violence he said " Resident Evil 4 is like a children' s game, I know God of War shouldn' t be played by minors but I can' t understand why RE4 can' t" That guy is freaking stupid or blowing smoke out his ass if he thinks RE4 isn' t violent.
    Dark Cloud - I loved this game to DEATH...hated the sequel.
    Rouge Galaxy - Never heard of it, maybe for a reason.
    WhipeOut - I assume you meant Wipeout...it wasn' t a First Party game it was developed by Psygnosis
    SOCOM - It was a good Ghost Recon Rip off (Or vice versa I forgot which came out first).
    Sly Cooper - Probably their best game series they have put out, consecutively getting better.
    Siren - I heard of this, but it didn' t get much attention.
    Killzone - HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHA...sorry, but this game wasn' t good...it was almost the worst Console shooter I have ever played their " innovation" was more of a bother then it should have been.
    LocoRoco - Way too off the wall for me to car for this game...
    Jak and Daxter - Oh that above was supposed to be the PsP game in that case...No, that game was not good.
    Ratchet & Clank - Agreed great game.
    uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 18:33
    VX has a good point that he is entitled to, and to try and show him otherwise is silly.

He has stated that there is nothing on the PS3 worthwhile to him, that all the experiences he sees available currently (at least) for PS3 is available on 360, and (of games launching at the same time) better.

I am the same but vice versa, there is currently nothing on 360 that interests me at all, right now. Sure there are some games coming, but the machine has been out for basically a year and not tipped my interest enough at all. Although allow me to say Alan Wake FTW!!!

As for better versions of ps3/360 games at launch. Games like RS6 have been made for the 360 and are crappy ports to PS3. Ubisoft has been pretty clear that they aren' t interested in doing what they can to bring the game to ps3. The hardware is different, so diffent that without experience or the care needed they are just throwing it on ps3 for extra money, in a bid to knock EA off the top spot.

And again, oblivion/fight night etc all have had extra time to improve the game beyond it' s 360 counter part, noting to do with superior hardware. Although on a side note - Does the PS3 edition of fight night, use the motion control for the likes of dodging, especially in first person mode. Would be pretty cool i think.
    fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 02:35

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

I just had to comment after you posted that First Party game list:

Syphon Filter - GREAT Game...everything past #1 was horrible however.

Gran Turismo - Er...always hated it control scheme is horrible, no damage always ticked me off.
    God of War - I liked the game, but David Jaffe is starting to come off as a moron on G4 in an interview about Game Violence he said " Resident Evil 4 is like a children' s game, I know God of War shouldn' t be played by minors but I can' t understand why RE4 can' t" That guy is freaking stupid or blowing smoke out his ass if he thinks RE4 isn' t violent.
    Rouge Galaxy - Never heard of it, maybe for a reason.
    WhipeOut - I assume you meant Wipeout...it wasn' t a First Party game it was developed by Psygnosis
    Siren - I heard of this, but it didn' t get much attention.
    Killzone - HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHA...sorry, but this game wasn' t good...it was almost the worst Console shooter I have ever played their " innovation" was more of a bother then it should have been.
    Jak and Daxter - Oh that above was supposed to be the PsP game in that case...No, that game was not good.

Im not talking about games, imtalking about franchises, and u are way off in some of them...

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for the PSP was super awesome, the best PSP game to date, over MGA 2, Tekken DR, Daxter, RR...

Gran Turismo its the best when comes to driving simulator, it doesnt just plays like a dream, GT 4 has over 550 cars from 1925-2004 and over 45 tracks, its like the ultimate car enciclopedia, its has its things like the AI, loading times, and no online but thats mostly due the PS2 hardwre, the attention to detail overshadows the bad points.

David Jaffe its a cool dude, and even if he wasnt its game is, i mean Itagaki its like the ultimate moron and NG its still cool.

WhipeOut: Yes its developed by some one else, yet the game its a trademark of SCE Co. so it counts like firts party.

Killzone liberation its just awesome, really the best of the best, it looks great, plays great, so its just super badass

Rogue Galaxy: MAN IF U LIKE DARK CLOUD U NEED THIS GAME, ITS ALSO DEVELOPED BY LEVEL 5 AND ITS BETTER, ITS JUST AWESOME U NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME, here look at this interview or check all the media here

Jak and Daxter are great, they have always been.

24 pixel pipelines, 8 vertex pipelines, 8 ROPS, 500MHz core, and 650MHz memory...

Majik could u give me a link, BTW this is old as shit, and istn complete, we still dont know key specs here, or arent very clear
    < Message edited by fernandino -- 23 Oct 06 20:37:48 >
    Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 02:52
    Thanks for that link fernandino, i totally missed this game at TGS, it looks awesome.

I might just have to branch out of square enix when it comes to RPGs.
    fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:09
    thank you for checking outthe game, its super cool over 500 weapons,no loading times, awesome graphics, awesome soundtrack, monster hunting/breeding, the game its awesome
    Gaiden BLACK

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:20
    Yeah its looking nice ill probably get that with my ps3.

Hows the combat in the game?
    uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:41
    ::too lazy to look it up:: isn' t rogue galaxy, the rpg from the same as dragon quest VIII? or something along those lines... japan release only thus far, right?

Or, am i totally wrong?
    QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:49
    No,you' rnt and Rouge galaxy looks awesome,i really want it.
    fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:57

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Yeah its looking nice ill probably get that with my ps3.

Hows the combat in the game?

real time... or u are asking if it is fun??? yeah it is, it has to do alot whit the weapon u are carrying which make the gameplay cool because there are many weapons, the guns from Dark Cloud are back and they play a bigger role in Rogue Galaxy´s gameplay, u can change ur team before each battle and u also can lift enemys like in Dark Cloud, its plot is quite good, and the world is huge, just an awesome game...

::too lazy to look it up:: isn' t rogue galaxy, the rpg from the same as dragon quest VIII? or something along those lines... japan release only thus far, right?

yeah, these are the same guys from DQ VIII Dark Cloud 1/2 and Jeanne d' Arc for PSP, and yes, its only beeing relesad in japan but its due to spring in america, as gaiden black said it will probably be in Europe around March.
    < Message edited by fernandino -- 23 Oct 06 20:35:36 >
    QuezcatoL

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 03:59
    yes,as ff12,sometimes in 2007.

really sux to own a ps2 if u live in EU.

all xbox360 games will hold their date though.
    Gaiden BLACK

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 04:08
    Im sold this will be purchased.

2007 is gonna kick ass
    Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 04:29
    is it really rouge galaxy? or is it Rogue Galaxy? Rouge is makeup for girls!
    fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 04:32

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

is it really rouge galaxy? or is it Rogue Galaxy? Rouge is makeup for girls!

Rigth its Rogue Galaxy, they spell alike jajjjaja lol
    Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 04:33
    just wanted to be sure, since everyone kept typing rouge, i started thinking it might right!
    QuezcatoL

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 04:34
    nvm,i like the idea with having 2 people with you who fight for themself like in kotor,but cant be adviced,while the combat is like in KH,and that you explore an galaxy with many diffrent planets,it just look awesome,a true AAA if you ask me.

But might be very " japanese" ...
    Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
    RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 24, 2006 05:33
    Wow, I' m sold Rogue Galaxy looks like a great game.
    Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
    • New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message