Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? UPDATE: Sony explain...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 00:49
Those comparsion is funny cause,A ps3 premium only sells in europe and gonna cost 800-930 while xbox360 prem cost around 480 and just gonan be cheaper.

now core is even cheapr around 380 and, you dont req a HD dvd or a wireless since you already have a wired.
cardmasterpro

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 01:01
Isnt the $100 harddrive the only thing required ONLY if you want to play online through xboxlive? Because of updates and whatnots? You can go through nextgen with the wired controller but it would make your life a bit easier because of the freedom to move. Same case with the headset but only useful in XBL.
< Message edited by cardmasterpro -- 20 Oct 06 17:03:24 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 01:14
Sony forgot to mention that their own console comes without a cable!

Besides you are still paying extra for those things on the PS3, you' re just forced to pay it instead of having the option...
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 01:36

Sony forgot to mention that their own console comes without a cable!

That' s an awesome point. you know they' ll be charging 49 bucks for the hi-def cable, and the 360' s is very solid.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 03:05

Take another look and you' ll notice, or should notice that Sony are comparing 360' s functionality against PS3, in that for 360 users to make use of the same functions Sony' s console ships with (next gen DVD drive, HDD, online access).. ..a 360 owner would have to pay for them.

I don' t think Microsoft can actually do much at all.

Except for the 360' s wireless controller. You don' t need wireless to have a controller. Not to mention, to you wouldn' t lose the 50$ dollars they' re putting down for it if you traded it in & bought wireless. So it' s trifling, but still libel.

Did I mention it was dirty and underhanded too?

BTW, this is pretty much how Evil Man was comparing them. What he and Sony ignore is the fact that not everybody wants those things.
Where is he anyways? He gets tolerable, and then takes off.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_hated -- 20 Oct 06 19:06:02 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 03:49
Yeah, if Microsoft goes through with it Sony is screwed. Immersion anyone?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 04:40
Why the hell do i bother at all?
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 20 Oct 06 20:43:04 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 05:31

Isnt the $100 harddrive the only thing required ONLY if you want to play online through xboxlive?

The comparison guide says that xbox live is a requirment when its not. and the hard drive isnt required either, however i dont see anyone playing with out it
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 10:03
I know people who don' t. Now, granted, they' re not sucessful happy people mind you, but I know someone who' s had a 360 since launch, and only bought a hard-drive a few months ago.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 15:50
That chart is accurate.

What it says is that to ATTEMPT TO HAVE THE PS3 EXPERIENCE ON X360 you will NEED all those add-ons. It doesn' t say that you need them just to operate the machine.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 16:31
The core package should not have been used in the comparison. They just used it to exaggerate their point, which is pretty shrewd on their part. I' ll give them that.

Also, the PS3 IS a good value, for those looking for all those features. If they had a 360 that came with HD-DVD and WIFI connectivity built in, then I would have bought that version.

The bottom line for me, though, is that I' ve already got the 360, and I WILL be getting the Wii and the HD-DVD add-on, so a PS3 is out of the question for a while. I' m not mad about it, though, because there are no games I' m interested available at release (or in the launch " window" ).

One thing' s for sure, this Christmas will be VERY interesting!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 17:50
I' ll get the HD-DVD add on just cause I dont feel like buying a good standalone HD DVD player until I know which format is gonna win - but it is certainly a rip off.

I would' ve bought an X360 with built in HD-DVD last year for $500 no problem. But this add on sucks because its too expensive, and it useless for games.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 9:53:46 >
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 21, 2006 18:53
It would be stupid of MS to sue, the more publicity this comparison sheet gets, the more it will hurt their buisness, since it' s a comparison they don' t want to hit mainstream-media.
It' s probably the same reason Sony/Toshiba and IBM didn' t sue Microsoft when they sent those fake Cell vs. PPC- comparisons wich Microsoft made up during their 360-launch.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 01:35
WTF do sony know about the Wii? NOTHING, so they should shut the F**k up about them!!

Online free for the first 6 months? Where the f**k did they pull that $#!t out of? Its sony bull$#!t like this is why i really hate sony.

Also did they convieniently forget that YOU NEED TO BUY A F**KIN GAME to enjoy a ps3, and forget to add the US$60 to there bull$#!t chart. Other wise the ps3 is pretty much just an expensive f**king PAPER WEIGHT! The Wii comes with a game, its not a top end game but its a game (5 games) that means right out of the box you can enjoy playing the Wii. You CANNOT enjoy a ps3 right out of the box. ALso you cannot enjoy the ps3s touted HD features without paying for a seperate cable.

So this chart is bull$#!t.

BTW i hope microsoft sues the $#!t out of these F**kers!! Add another half billion in damages to the almost half billion from the exploding battery debacle and the billions they' ll lose selling the ps3, sounds good to me!!!
< Message edited by Terrak -- 21 Oct 06 17:47:41 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 05:34
I hope they sue, and Sony goes broke, they are so stupid and fight dirty they have no right to be!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 06:58
If they bothered to add it up with a premium kit, they' d have had to include the headset, media remote, and component cables that came with launch premiums in their estimates. They' re just juicing it for what it' s worth.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 08:21

I WILL be getting the Wii and the HD-DVD add-on

I had to read that a few times... to understand what you meant.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 20:33
Besides making a mistake of writing ' Require' , the ' fact-sheet' is more or less, true IMO.

But only techno-obessive people would feel a HD-DVD addon is really ' required' to use a 360, ditto for the Xbox Live membership.

For people who don' t know the relative quality of the additional ' accessories' , I guess they think the PS3 20 GB is a better deal...

But Sony' s quoted that the ' Online' aspect was more of an ' extra' , not a ' big one' like for 360. As far as developers go, in the latest EGM Lair wouldn' t have online multiplayer dogfights for one, they' re just leaderboards and the usual downloadable addons and stuff.

So really, it seems that they' re offering the same as a Silver Live membership, or that Lair' s developers just didn' t want multiplayer. But the flippant way Sony puts-off the Online aspect, I don' t see it much more than just a Silver Live clone =/

Could be false advertising, are they liable for that?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 22, 2006 23:23

I WILL be getting the Wii and the HD-DVD add-on

I had to read that a few times... to understand what you meant.

Me too. For a second there I thought somebody had lost their mind.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Microsoft preparing to sue Sony? - Oct 23, 2006 02:25

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

IBM didn' t sue Microsoft when they sent those fake Cell vs. PPC- comparisons wich Microsoft made up during their 360-launch.

That' s because IBM made the chips for the 360 as well.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message