Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 08:23
I know he does.
It didn' t take any freaking 5 min for me.
Or even close.
Not even 1 min ,.
Wtf was wrong with your xbox?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 08:37
...nothing as far as i could tell.. ...although i did pretty regularly have it on for whole days at a time listing to music as well as playing games... ...and it used to make funny sounding sounds during loads too...

....what was the DVD speed of it anyway?.. ...wasn' t it faster than the ps2?...
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 10:30
Yeah the first load up in NG took forever, but the other level where amazingly fast. Whenever I' d want to play NG I' d put it in and go off and make myself a PB&J sandwitch, and when I got back, it was game time

Well, one thing that I need cleared up is if Resistance 22GB is all one language.

If its not then lets say its 3 different languages (Japanese, English, and Pig Latin) then thats 7.3GB a shot. (Which would mean its below the 8.5GB that hte DVD9s hold...hmm) So from the get-go, say if you have an English is your default in the PS3, then shouldn' t the councle be able to just ignore that extra 11GB?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 12:13
They' re going to be much closer to the 360 then the ps2 in terms of loading speed.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 19:58
I played PGR3 and noticed how many loadfing screens I got.

Hope the Ps3 isnt the same.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 20:11
PGR3' s load times are bearable..
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Microsoft claim PS3 will have longer loading times, Sony agree. Kinda. - Sep 07, 2006 23:16
PG3 makes a noose for its own neck having loading screens for going back to the menu system.. If it didnt do that every few minutes then the load times would be bearable. Remember that was a lauch title too.

Would be interesting to see if devs including optomized load code for HD equipped 360' s yet as well as unequipped.

Easiest thing to do will be to time a PS3 and a 360 (and a PC) from title screen to game on COD3!
< Message edited by musashi -- 7 Sep 06 15:16:57 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread