Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 14:34
Well...
Gametrailer just made themself into my list then...
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 15:18
The game' s biggest flaw is it tried to do too much. It should' ve remained a hack and slash and should NOT have attempted to make so many different characters to appeal to different markets.

This could' ve just as easily been a hack and slash action adventure game like Ninja gaiden concentrating on just inphyy, but again they tried to do way too damn much.

There was absolutely no need to throw so many damn enemies on screen. Heavenly Sword manages to beat n3' s experience with less than 2% of the enemies n3 has on screen because the battles are more intimate and in your face. Nice group choreographed battles. N3 could' ve been so much more ultimately I think the language barrier between phantagram and mizuguchi' s team is what had a part in this game not being what it could' ve been.

Mizuguchi needs to get his team to design their own true 360 title.
QuezcatoL

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 17:33
Oh come one,dont mention NG like chemical.

Do anyone here consider DMC a hackn' slash?

Nope.

Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 18:24
quez YOUR funny
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 18:29
Maybe the whole hack n' slash genre is bad... ?
QuezcatoL

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 18:33
Nah...
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 19:23
itz getting OLD now
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 20:06
N3 can only possibly be compared to Dynasty Warriors. Heavenly Sword, DMC, Ninja Gaiden etc are NOT hack ' n' slash games.

N3 has some interesting RPG-like features but the gameplay is VERY basic, even if there is a wide range of attack commands. Pressing the same 2 buttons over and over doesn' t really bother me as long as you can pull off a decent selection of moves by combining the two attack buttons with jump/dash and each other, ...which you can do.

The cutscenes are gorgeous, and the main characters look awesome but the game isn' t quite next-gen. The dialogue and voice acting is terrible and i don' t foresee much replay value. It' s a cool game but it appeals to specific tastes. I don' t think i' ll buy it as i don' t think it' s worth £50 (or even £40 if i buy online).

Dead Rising is a must for me, ...i' ve played the demo to death and love it. It' s like RE4 on comedy steroids! The Uzi kicks ass too!
ginjirou

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 20:55

N3 can only possibly be compared to Dynasty Warriors.

In other words, hack n' slash games suck! I' ve yet to play a great one.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 21:16
Well, i' m still going to play 99 Nights regardless of the bad press... Doesn' t mean
i' ll like it but hey....
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 21:36
I don' t like listening to other peoples reviews until I play myself that said if it' s good it does make me want to buy it more so thats a bit biased I guess....only 3days to go.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 21:42

If you liked the game then why does it matter what other people thought of it?

I couldn' t agree more with this statement, why not just except that not everyone likes the same thing as you?

And for the record I enjoy games like this and found the demo to be great fun in a mindless way. I' ll most probably end up purchasing it sometime down the line too.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 22:44
N3 Sucks, Get over it Quez and dont waste your money on it.
QuezcatoL

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 23:20
Nope,im getting it.
Famitsu gaved it 8/10.
And the west critics trahsed it saying it wasn' t a next gen title because of the gameplay.
Or that you kill wave after wave off enmeies.

ginjirou

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 23:23

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL
Famitsu gaved it 8/10.

I could quote you if you want to but... haven' t you earlier expressed extreme hatred towards Famitsu, due to weird reviews and stupid expectations, and said that you' ll never respect them again?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Aug 06 15:23:58 >
QuezcatoL

RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 23:31
I did.

So when a magazine like that which hates xbox and 360 gives N3 8/10 you know they really feelt that way.

If you don' t like hackn' slash games say so,don' t trash the game in a review-basically saying that hackn-slash games sucks.

silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 23:33
The great N3 crusade huh?

Anyway, I' ll confess. I got the game and I enjoy it a LOT.

One of the problems I see around is that when reviewing, reviewers make a lot of assumptions, and players in the ' net value reviewer opinion way too much. Tastes also vary a lot.

Anyway, as I' ve been playing N3 since I got it I' ve not touched other titles. Dead Rising' s supposed to be so much better according to every review written yet it' s collecting dust on my shelf. Not that it' s a bad game, but I enjoy playing N3 more than I do DR. Some in this topic have talked about " top" titles such as GRAW (**yawn**) being an example of a truly good game. Yea, I got GRAW. I played it, never on a stretch longer than an hour and a half at a time and I beat it after about 2 months. Boring title, but I should have known better since I don' t care for modern military titles but hey the reviewers were salivating so much about it so I had to get it!

Anyway, some have mentioned N3' s problems already. Bad voice acting (and it is truly hideous - is Inphyy a 17 year old girl or an 8 year old boy with constipation?), repetitive gameplay (course just about every game involves repeating the same gameplay through its entirety; they just get progressively harder if they' re well developed), and hit detection? I put a question mark on that because I haven' t really experienced it. It was mentioned that some bosses just don' t react that much to being hit, but it happens on the player characters as well. Anyway, those little moments of invulnerability are no different than the same in fighting titles and some other action games; I know because I' ve known to exploit those moments to my advantage and to avoid attacking foes when they' re invulnerable. Definitely not a new concept to action games - have we already forgotten those gameplay basics?

Anyway, repetitive gameplay or not, I' ve had a heck of a time sending huge armies flying all over the place. If you thought it' d be cool to be Sauron from the opening in the Fellowship of the Ring you' ll have a blast with N3. If not, well, yea I can see why you' d be bored by it. But honestly I haven' t been as gleefully amused by a game as this in a very long time - those orb sparks are really something. And hey, once you get past the Inphyy campaign the game gets much, much better.

Anyway, each kind of player has likes and dislikes. I love N3 - lots of fun. Reviewers don' t, too bad. It just feels out of whack that things are like Quez mentioned where a new sports title that just changes a roster has a much higher overall scoring than a title that is simply fun but what the heck. Listening to reviewers got me to buy GRAW and I really didn' t like it so there! :p
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 22, 2006 23:43

Please tell me why i should pay 60-80 dollar each year for just diffrent names on each club.
Oh sometimes they might add in a new trix with a character,or fix the corners/freekicks etc.

Man, it took Quez' s completely out of control rant on N3 to get me out of hiding, but this statement above has echoed my sentiments on sports games for years. I have friends who every year insist on buying the new madden, NBA and NHL games. why? Cause EA is smarter than them and makes them think they need them. No other reason I can see.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 23, 2006 00:37

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

Man, it took Quez' s completely out of control rant on N3 to get me out of hiding, but this statement above has echoed my sentiments on sports games for years. I have friends who every year insist on buying the new madden, NBA and NHL games. why? Cause EA is smarter than them and makes them think they need them. No other reason I can see.

Hey... Why are you hiding?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I' m pissed off!! N3 need better score! - Aug 23, 2006 01:52
I know why He was Hideing, After that Incident, who could continue liveing normally?

but now he is back, and with a Vengance.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 22 Aug 06 17:53:26 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread