Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS researching new controller for the 360
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS researching new controller for the 360 - Aug 17, 2006 07:15
I' ve never been a big fan of trackballs, If only because I' m rather aggressive with my thumbsticks, and end up overextending every motion with trackballs. I' m honestly pretty happy with the controller they' ve got now. I think if they could get rid of that " dead space" when the thumbstick is being moved in no real direction, that' d be all they' d need to win me over.

IGN has some nice photos of a never-released pad with a trackball instead of one analog - they say the precision was awesome and that it worked perfectly.I think that would be the case - that or cybernetic thumbs...

Sounds cool. Link?
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 16 Aug 06 23:16:25 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MS researching new controller for the 360 - Aug 17, 2006 08:10
My palms dont sweat, My controller does.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: MS researching new controller for the 360 - Aug 17, 2006 08:36
I' ve seen a controller that had trackballs instead of joysticks. It would be better, I' ve used a trackball where you only use your right thumb before and it was pretty good, of course mouse is supperior though. I suppose they would use a laser or maybe just optical to track it. I think it would make the controller a lot more expensive but hardcore FPS players would definetly buy it.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: MS researching new controller for the 360 - Aug 17, 2006 08:38
I manage to keep the controller sweat-less but when people come over to use it I really get annoyed because I have to clean off their dirt from my controller which ain' t easy unless I take it apart.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: MS researching new controller for the 360 - Aug 17, 2006 08:55

ORIGINAL: dasher232

I manage to keep the controller sweat-less but when people come over to use it I really get annoyed because I have to clean off their dirt from my controller which ain' t easy unless I take it apart.

This will probably be the oddest advice... But, if you use the bottom of a tube of
toothe past to get to the real intricate parts of the controller, you' ll clean it well..

No, I have no idea how I figured that out...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message