Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Lost Planet Screens
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 09:58
After playing the demo, I do believe it is pretty apparent that Lost Planet is bringing variety along with awesome gameplay. I remember, there was a space pirate base, outside (snow), underground garage, underground alien hive, and of course the cliffs that you have to climb. I love these new screens, thanks Majik.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 20:37
No worries dude, it' s good to see you back agian!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:24
some games can be very entertaining without much variety - it all depends on the game , but Lost Planet , while being a good game, is nowhere near the AAA status.

The demo was ok, controlling your MECH-like weapon was ok (with problems , but that' s a demo) - at times with explosions and shit comin at you, it even looked like some cool movie scene, but this game will not be a system seller -I' d rate it 8/10 at best - at least that' s what I think after the demo.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 31 Jul 06 13:25:19 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:26
Yea i' d say 8/10 would be fair.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:30
6/10 IMO
Nitro

RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:36
The demo kicked ass. The environments loom awesome as do most of the enemies. The nly problems i have with it and the only things i really want changing are:

-the main characters run cycle
-the uncomfortable aiming camera which should be more like RE4' s
-the AI routines of the small bugs
-the mech controls

Other than that, and it IS a demo an the game isn' t going to be released until next year, ...it' s all good.

Graphically it' s FAR nicer than most of what either console has shown so far.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:42

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

The demo kicked ass. The environments loom awesome as do most of the enemies. The nly problems i have with it and the only things i really want changing are:

-the mech controls

Other than that, and it IS a demo an the game isn' t going to be released until next year, ...it' s all good.

In other words they need to redo the whole game.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:43
You really live up to your name. Evil.
Nitro

RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 21:54

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

-the mech controls

In other words they need to redo the whole game.

Hahahaha...

I actually like this guy.

The demo itself is very impressive seeing how early in the development cycle it was put out. The close aiming mechanism is very wrong. Shooting while your running works perfectly and looks cool to boot, but stopping and using the ' close aim' which for those that haven' t played it is the equivlent of aiming in RE4 or ' close aiming' in GRAW on 360 where you go into the over the shoulder perspective, ...it just looks and feels out of place.

The characters run cycle really gets on my nerves but it only looks stupid when yout running forwards (wierd eh?), Running to the side (which seems to be how most of the screenshots are framed) looks awesome, and i realise the guys is running through snow, but it just doesn' t look right.

The AI routines of the human enemies (Snow Pirates) and the massive bugs and larger creatures is spot on, but the small stick to the wall bugs are numb and slow and barely attack you. The AI is obviously unfinished which is understandable, but i would have rather they left them out of the demo alltogether and put in 2 or 3 extra BIG enemies.

The last thing was the mech controls which while cumbersome still OWNS (both graphically and controlwise) the mechs in Chrome Hounds. The mech controls i don' t have much of an issue with, they just need finetuning.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Jul 31, 2006 22:51
what have we here hehe dominated majik bowing to his new master :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Aug 01, 2006 00:47
I was playing the demo the other day, and you know when that little thing
happens in the demo that you never noticed before and it impresses you
dramatically.. I now know this game is going to be brill...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Aug 01, 2006 01:22

some games can be very entertaining without much variety - it all depends on the game , but Lost Planet , while being a good game, is nowhere near the AAA status.

...i haven' t played the demo, but i' m surprised you would think that....

...given Capcom' s pedigree in constantly churning our fantastic IP' s on a regular basis, i' d say that there is a 90% chance that this game is gonna kick some major AAA a$$...

..it' s still got a ways to go before it' s released too...
Nitro

RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Aug 01, 2006 02:39
Capcom don' t make bad games. Whereas SEGA have gone downhill of late (the past couple of years), Capcom have risen.

The RE games on Gamecube were AMAZING (especially RE4 and especially the mercenaries mode), Killer 7 and the Viewtiful Joe games. DMC2 sucked but DMC3 was kickass and now Okam, Dead Rising and God Hand (which looks awesome).

What would make Lost Planet any different?! Oh that right, it' s on Xbox 360 only.

The demo is superb especially considering it has been released a full 12 months before the game is due to ship. I only want things tweaking slightly.
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Aug 01, 2006 06:46
Capcom is great but they also make some bad games like that game with dinossaurs in space...i believe it was Dino Crisis 3.

It had great FMVs but gameplay was bad.

Anyway, 1 bad game in 10 is not bad, actually it´s great.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Lost Planet Screens - Aug 01, 2006 07:24
Capcom sure is a great dev (not always great games , but mostly) - what makes lost planet 8/10? well, my impressions from playing the demo make it fill just like that.

Sure it' s still some time before it' s released and I' d definitely give Capcom the benefit of the doubt.They deserve it.

So to finish this quickly - 8/10 is what I' d give that demo.I' d love for it to get much better - but still, I wouldn' t count on AAA quality in the final product.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message