Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 13, 2006 20:41

GTA, it' s that one thing you point out when you talk about " mainstream" being something wrong,stupid and pointless.

Distasteful as it is, the game tries so hard to be controversial and it really isnt! it isnt doing anything that hasnt been done before, except the free roaming space, but if it included some death sequences from the SOF series, then it would be a controversial game, hell i mght even find it fun!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 14, 2006 00:24
I think the GTA games are kind of entertaining but I don' t see them as serious games. They' re more like comical games. I don' t get adrenalin kicks when I play GTA. But I do laugh a lot.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 15, 2006 12:50
What is SOF, Vx?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 06:50
soldiers of fortune - FPP shooter with a lot of gore.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 06:56
Or Soldier (no ' s' ) to be more precise.

The first game was absolutely awesome and i think the knife and shotgun were my favourite weapons . It allowed to to target specific limbs and blow heads, legs and arms off.

The sequel sucked in my opinion. It has some cool weather and shadow effects and some nice weapons, but the game itself was full of bugs and glitches and the hitboxes were well off. It continued and i guess improved on the limb specific damage on enemy targets but often you' d shoot and your aim would be spot on but they' d still not take any damage.

I don' t want a 3rd game.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 07:59
Why does everyone put down the GTA series, so readily? I mean, sure, it wasn' t MY bag, but I DID play it, and it wasn' t bad. Yeah, the graphics were crap, but everybody on this website is always, " graphics don' t matter! It' s all about gameplay!" , so why is GTA any different? Because of it' s popularity?

It' s funny, but hardcore video gamers (read " Kikizo forum members" ) always say, " oh this game is so underrated. It' s such a great little game that doesn' t get the attention it deserves." but when a game is successful everyone wants to come down on it (GTA, Halo 2, etc.). It' s like the success of the game regulates your opinion! Just play games!

And I must say, if you haven' t played the game, then DON' T comment on it! I hate when people do that!

GTA: San Andreas has crap graphics, mediocre gameplay, good storyline, great voice acting, and awesome music! The fact that Vice City was widely touted for bringing open-ended gameplay into video games means that the series isn' t a complete wash. How often do you hear " GTA clone" when another " sandbox" game comes out?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 08:04
But if i trashed GTA all the time,then suddenly say how much i love and respect GTA serie when its announced for also coming on the 360,wouldn' t that make me false :P ?

I always said that i think GTA sold on medias BS about it,and the media coverage and the debate it created about it.

However even i still had my moments in GTA serie as in GTA3 and GTA vice city.
But for me it was a 85/100 at most.

Which is a good score.

But remember millions love GTA and it get awesome scores,it does that for a reason.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 08:55
The series f**king sucks. Sure they have great soundtracks and have been technical benchmarks on PS2 and PSP, sure they have great voice acting, -- those however don' t make great or even good games.

The whole premise is pathetic, the controls are shocking, the game mechanics in general are rubbish, the missions are repetative, they are full of glitchs and the character models are laughable.

They are bad games!

Halo 2 on the otherhand gets waaaaaay too much critism. Like Super Mario Sunshine it' s directly compared to it' s predecessor, when it should be compared to every other FPS/platformer instead.

Halo 2 kept the same gameplay and mechanics, had better visuals and a more detailed and complex storyine. The online wasn' t quite as satisfying as the originals but Halo 2 is still the most played game on Live so it' s hardly unpopular.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 08:58
Don' t forget that it sold as much as FF10,almost 7 million copies.

I meant halo2.
Also it sold like 1.5 million copies on one day.
People who dont care about the story who didn' t even bother to read the letters in halo2 manual might miss out on something,its a very deep cool story in halo,but you can just ignore it and play and have fun,but thats what make it awesome,that for the hardcore fans,there is a lot to be found there.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 16 Jun 06 1:00:10 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 16, 2006 21:27
If Wii got a sniping game... That would be good, Silent Scope on Wii, but you had
to be so precise with the way you held the nunchuck and wand. Otherwise you miss.

Halo 2 for WII!!
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Wii be gettin' Rockstar support yo! - Jun 20, 2006 22:22
Halo 2 for wii would pwn
but it wouldnt happen unless microsoft and nintendo merged.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message