Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too human' s gameplay looks like shit
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 12, 2006 12:01

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

From the e3 trailer I downloaded to 360 I thought Too Human just looked like your average third person lame ass game. Not sure what you guys were getting all excited about. I never really looked at it or anything before the trailer.

I agree. I downloaded the Xbox Live trailer and it looks pretty mediocre in it' s current form. While I' m inclined to believe it will improve, I don' t see why some people are so hyped about it.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 12, 2006 13:19
People probally over hyped it.
by the way I didn' t Say the game was garbage
I just said the fighting looks like garbage based
on what I saw and nothing else.
I wouldn' t have said that had everyone not been
claiming it(fighting/gameplay) to be the greatest.
Because it doesn' t look so bad but compared to
The DMC NG GoW and then Heavenly Sword games
They just shouldn' t be compared
but then again Too Human isn' t finished as with Heavenly Sword.

I' ll probaly get it anyway one day unless...

You shouldn' t get mad no offense towards you personally.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 12, 2006 19:13
Quez, remember the last video of too human you linked? The leaked footages of it being played?Remember that most people said it looked crap? Remember the wait till E3 it' ll be much better hopes, and yet... it still doesn' t seem very good.

instead they used a version which lagged,and was from extremly large halls,with few enemies.
So with this you are telling me that even now, they cannot handle a large area with only a few enemies?! Wow. Impressive..

Heavenly sword wipes the floor with the too human combat. Stop complaining about 5000 enemies, if you remember last year they also showed her fighting in an enclosed area fighting a small number of enemies. So it' s JUST as they advertised, perhaps this fabled thing you desire so much will be in there. But frankley I' m more than happy with what they showed, some more competition for God of War, and Devil May Cry.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 12, 2006 19:18
The graphic was never anything near that cgi movie.
It wasn' t just epic to me anymore,look at fn3 for ex,and what you can do if you just gonna have that few enemies and close enviorment.

About what i said about too human last time,it used 1 year old beta from alpha kit,what was i supposed to say?
Im sure it wil look the same?

However there is a diffrence,heavnly sword is coming this novemember,while too human had around 2 years left in terms of time from that beta.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 12, 2006 21:55
But the thing is quez... you haven' t seen all the game, it could have wide open areas with many enemies. I hope not too big and too many honestly, or it' d be another N3/DW game. And N3 didn' t do all that great, personally I' d rather the game like the opening of the last years CG video and that is what it is.

Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 13, 2006 13:57
I' ll help him defend Too Human..ugh I think the Art direction is good (seriously)
but I really haven' t seen that much in a clear form and...

OH well I mean the fighting Can get really good but who is too say they are trying
to go for that. Did SK ever say they would have wild action packed fighting?
Or were they to focus on something else as far as gamplay?

Could the 5000 person battle be for else something in Heavenly Sword like a
dramatic fight against all odds not just " I kill 5000 people everyday and in one swing[!:D]"

Based on the fighting I saw in Heavenly Sword I don' t think that many will happen
often if ever. The fighting is more in depth than that.
I think the enviroments play more of a role than normal as seen in the demo.

Oh and Quez do you know if they showed anymore Lost Oddysey?
And No I am NOT mocking anyone.
< Message edited by Kannon -- 13 May 06 5:59:34 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 13, 2006 19:51
Heavnly sword looked very fun,no question about it,and it looks very good visuals,next gen...yes.

However anyone who think they gonna add 4990 enemies til launch is oiut of their mind,i remember when n3 showed 1000 enemies and it lagged sometimes,and people doubt they would have 2000 with no lagg,as they managed.
But this?

Nope.

And no,they never showed lost odyssey :(
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 14, 2006 02:36
I don' t know about you guys but I can' t imagine it' s more fun to beat the crap out of 5000 enemies than to beat the crap out of 100 enemies.
I mean, 5000 enemies! That' s so many enemies that I wouldn' t be able to see the difference between that or 500. I think the whole idea of fighting 5000 enemies was something they just said to make the game sound cool and to make the PS3 look powerful.
The difference in gameplay will be small. Maybe it won' t look as impressive as having 4000 enemies charging at you from a distance but I think you' ll be to busy fighting the 200 guys standing around you to be missing those other enemies.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too human' s gameplay looks like shit - May 14, 2006 04:16
I' d much rather have 10-20 enemies on screen that LOOK awesome than have 1000' s that look rubbish and have sychronized animations and are low poly.

If you give me a relatively low number of enemies but their animations are comepletely separate, their AI is realistic and they have different characteristics then i' ll be more than happy. I hate having multiple enemies that have the exact same attack pattern!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message