Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft E3 Conference Begins
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 07:25
we can watch the MS conference now, GOW looks wicked.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 07:46
WHAT?! Thanks for the heads up. I' m out for an hour, guys, or however long it is.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 08:41
So I' m watching the MS conference and something occurs to me. Bill Gates is talking about the success of xbox brand... I' m watching him on my Windows Media Player on my Windows xp os as he' s talking about Microsoft games on the two platforms he spearheads (pc and 360). No fucking wonder he' s the richest person in the world. The man is so successful it makes me want to vomit.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 10 May 06 0:44:02 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 08:47
.....currently downloading the Halo 3 trailer (it' s either gonna be really awesome or really sh*t)... ...so what else has the big M$ got then?....

...no rush, cause i' m off to bed (again)...

...- g' night!...
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 08:51
360 getting GTA the same time as PS3 has to be a bitter blow for Sony. Many people still don' t have a next gen console and after PS3 is released many more still won' t. When the next GTA rolls around if the 360 is much cheaper than the PS3 (and looking at the PS3' s price point that’s not going to be hard to do) which console do you think the desperate will opt for?
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 09:44
I' m back at last. Live Anywhere. Yeah, my productivity would go down too. That is the type of integration I' d like to have as a gamer. Yeah, if my friend wants a cool car for Forza, I give him one in a message. That. Is freaking sweet.

Still, I was most raptured when they showed the games, minus the pinata one.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 11:40
Aww whats wrong with the Pinata one? I could message you a cute little teddy with a rainbow theme ya know maybe evena cute little pirate hat!
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 13:53
Seems 360 does have a fairly solid catalogue growing so it' s certainly a capable player, and witht he headstart the installed base is gonna be inflated, I think judgement will have to be a time-delay on sales figures, namely, days from launch x sales. If it comes to comparison. Live anywhere seems decent enough to integrate into windows, but when it comes to mobiles, it just starts turning into a gimmick in my opinion, xbox arcade games are about as good as it gets for mobiles, cheap and quick games for playing on the go.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 18:17
Not just that but i' m excited about this xb live' ' soap' like installment and this week it' s something about gears of war.

Oh it' s a docu-drama.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 10 May 06 11:26:20 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 19:53
I think MS won big time,great show ms!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 20:47
Yeah they did well sony really disappointed I feel really sorry for people who attend it everytime charts and graphs about how much sales they generate and how good they are....thats why i just watched it after everyone and fast forward to the end (the best bit), nintendo was ok I usually love their conferences but I just didn' t feel that to much this year.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 22:49
I have to agree that while Peter' s applause for himself was silly and they did have some bullshit on stage (the racing wheel is wireless and has forcefeedback!!! - but to have forcefeedback you need to plug AC adapter - and some more tiny lies), this conference had really interesting games shown and they definitely killed Sony on E3.

Nintendo in my opinion walks all over MS when it comes to entertaining their crowd plus their announcements had a huge impact on me - especially the way they want to use that speaker and how Red Steel plays (and what cool features it has , cause this game is revolutionary even without this controller).Then they introduced so many incredibly hot games that it was amazing.

and the best way to describe ist is:

Sony does both HD and some (copied) innovation, but both are made better on xbox and Wii and you can have both 360 and Wii for the price of PS3.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 10, 2006 23:24
now you tell me Gangsta exactly what are the things that make you say MS walk all over sony, what are the things that impress you that much, see i didn' t see MS conference (there was no live on gamespot), but i' m really excited to know what really impress you . may be i' m missing a lot of stuff
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 10 May 06 15:25:04 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 11, 2006 01:56
Strong first-party support with third party support,awesome real time videos and gameplay and hearing Bill gates speaking on how making the connection from windows vista to live,to let pc gamers be able to chat with us or mobile phone gamers and even play games together if we want,and ofc the halo3 video.
Then putting out around 30 trailers over marketplace with 2 demos,at the same time,now thats inovation O_o and brining e3 to our homes.

The thing is that MS job was to deliver great game videos and playable games of the future AAA and showing how to fully use xbl and its future,and they delivered perfectly,sony' s job is to sell off the ps3 but rerally never showed much " wow" ,as with nintendo wii.

The tennis scene and red steel and halo3 +gow gameplay demo is the things that i will remember from this e3.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 10 May 06 17:58:46 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 11, 2006 02:06
Unlike Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft showed pretty much everything hardware related last year so I was really impressed that they still managed to make their 2006 conference as interesting as the other two this year.
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Microsoft E3 Conference Begins - May 11, 2006 02:32
I have to admit, while the line-ups of games was worthwhile, I was again falling asleep watching the Microsoft console once Gates came on and started blabbering. I got the jist of what he was saying. I also thinkt he mainstream image they' re putting on is putting me off a little. But then I' ma core gamer and they want mainstream people in thier userbase too, so can' t complain.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message