Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic' s new look, explained.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 08:42
Get ' yer trailer here: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2888_en.aspx

Or if you' ve got a 360 hooked up to Live you can get it there! Eggman is first up.

The game looks great. Sonic' s sections look like they should for the first time since Sonic Adventure and appear to be really fast. Even this new Hedgehog who' s been dubbed ' Silver' (Sonic, Shadow, Silver... it has to be!) looks interesting. In the trailer he stops bullets matrix style then fires them back. he' s also got powers to control objects. You know, make them float and fire them at people.

I have to agree with you vdig about Shadows sections looking very " Shadow The Hedgehog" . I was hoping he' d be forgotten about but obviously not. It does look like the first level of his game but 10x better. If he even so much as picks up a gun I' ll be peeved though.
luvspudz69

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 09:33
sorry dudes , sonic was fantastic in its day , hence why i never got rid of my dreamcast .
but like segas last great machine he should be left with the memories.
what next hdd mario kart, same game better graphics , boring
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 09:58
I' m always open to giving Sonic Team a chance. but their 3d iterations keep getting worse with each release. Supposedly, the only good recent Sonic was Sonic Rush.

Still, here' s looking to a better Sonic game. May it become a fanboy' s dream come true.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 10:21
oh man, after seeing this latest trailor...
I don' t know how excited i am, i just want to play sonic, with no story.

No super duper sonic, no crazy super powers.
no shadow!
vdig

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 11:03
Oh, good lord, no! Vehicles! Weapons! No, no, no, no, no, NO!

Have they not yet learned their lesson after the Shadow the Hedgehog incident? Sure, the trailer starts innocently enough. Sonic does his thing with aplomb. But what do my eyes see next? Shadow in a f___ing vehicle blasting forth with weapons. The new hedgehog standing still reflecting enemy fire. All WRONG!

Sonic the Hedgehog is about speed, and the power and the wonder said speed brings. If you do firepower, you induce the need to aim, which is impossible when going fast, unless you design a genious gameplay mechanic, which is impossible from Sonic Team. Furthermore, standing still makes for an AWFUL Sonic title. Of course, Sonic Team is not clever enough to figure out weapons while prioritizing speed, which is why their latest 3D outings SUCK SO MUCH G$%#&S that it leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth! Remove the blasphemy from Sonic the Hedgehog (tentative title) immediately, Sonic Team, or you shall henceforth be Stupid Team, reputation irrepairable!!!
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 16:21
That seems to be the reaction of most Sonic fans. The game looks great but Shadow shooting stuff still sucks.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 17:40
They should have shown E-102 shooting Shadow, hehe

I guess to fans that would have almost as much impact as watching Snake beat the $hitte out of Raiden
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10 May 06 9:41:38 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 19:13
yeah, if they wanted shooting leave in e-102... the sonic sections look great but the shadow/silver... bleh when will they learn... hope you can go through the entire game just using sonic.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 20:57
I think it will be interesting but I hope there isn' t another play as the villain as good as it was it sorta made thigns a bit too complext than it needed to be plus playing as shadow wasn' t as good as I thought it would be.
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 11, 2006 08:49
There' s a new vid here which shows off more of Sonic' s sections, what looks to be a town and some of ' Silver' and his sections.

I' m actually excited about playing as Silver. he looks slower than Sonic but can use " The Force" (or whatever) to pick up objects with his MIND and throw them about at stuff. He can also collect bullets fired at him to fire them right back, bend metal to spring from, make objects float to jump from and hover for a short period.
vdig

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 11, 2006 09:24

They should have shown E-102 shooting Shadow, hehe

I guess to fans that would have almost as much impact as watching Snake beat the $hitte out of Raiden

Snake beat the MGS2,3 Raiden/Raikov, right? I don' t think Snake has as much a chance against the new and improved Raiden ninja.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 11, 2006 09:51
We all just want to play as sonic, none other......Save tails.
But all this new stuff has gotten me down.
And yuji was the last original member of sonicteam, and he' s even leaving.

RIP sonic.
vdig

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 11, 2006 10:30
Yep, Yuji Naka is GONE. Know what that means? Sonic is done, and NiGhTs... well, I would hope for a new one.

Really though, Sonic on the consoles has had it rough. On the portables, he was alright.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message