Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is next-gen really next-gen?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 02:26

Yes, it is a movie, out in Japanese theatres now

...GREAT NEWS!!! ..you just made my day... (why' d didn' t i hear about this earlier?)..
...anyway better stick on topic, if you wanna post more about bad@$$ anime, post here ...

...anyone got RRXX for 360?.. ...are you impressed with this:

...when three years ago ex-box had this:

...?....

...don' t you just love next-gen eh?...
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 02:35
Then again, DOAXBV was not a first wave title either. Still, it is true. Unless you count the lighting and all the fancy technical stuff, there is not much improvement in graphics comparing DOAX to RRXX. Indiana Jones tech demo is introducing some dynamic flailing for AI, though, that can not be reproduced on the currently established consoles, so there are a few things to look forward to. Like I said, next-gen is only now arriving at the station. It is not all here yet.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 03:05
RRXX is being compared to a game by Team Ninja?

That' s just wrong!

You should have waited until DOAX2 was shown at E3...

Bishonen

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 03:28

Unless you count the lighting and all the fancy technical stuff, there is not much improvement in graphics comparing DOAX to RRXX.

...improvement?

...i call that a regression!

...still majik is right i guess, it IS unfair to compare against TN....
Nitro

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 03:29
Xbox

Xbox 360

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 29 Apr 06 19:29:46 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 05:11
You know, when I first saw the difference, I was impressed. Then I looked properly.

Now it' s obviously better, but I mean look at thing. It' s almost the same model, with better lighting and rez. - Just look at his feet.
Look at the first on Ghost Rider, to the firs near Cap hardly next gen impressiveness.

Honestly, if this game say say a well developed eXbox game, the difference would be miniscule.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 05:22
Visuals have gotten much better but it hasn' t chocked us the same way as with previous generations since the jump in graphics haven' t affected the gameplay or the content in any major way.
When the PS1 and DC were released the power of those consoles affected the gameplay significantly. Would Shenmue be possible on the Saturn? Maybe but it wouldn' t have been the same thing as on the DC.
So I think we should take the amount of content and gameplay in games in concideration here instead of visuals.
Is the gameplay and the content in the 360 games possible in previous-gen console games?
Maybe some of them but tell me that a game like Oblivion would' ve been possible on the PS2 and I' ll slap your face so that you wake up to reality.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 05:26
The PS2. No. But the PSP.....

Just kidding..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 05:32
When they dev multiplattform titles they have a special graphic engine in mind,that they use to its fullest power when using 360,as seein in Tomb raider legends.

However they will not look truly next gen cause that engine must be able to run in previous gen,btw for 2 years ago the best pc could run UE 3.0 in max 5 fps,which means any console like gc/ps2/xbox would explode if it even tried it.

While 360 and ps3 is ready for it,and in titles as Gears of war,too human,mass effect and Mgs4 you truly see what games are capable of when they are dev for a next gen and wasn' t a launch title that had to been rushed.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 29 Apr 06 21:34:42 >
vdig

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 06:22
The Unreal Engine 3.0 would downright murder my rig at the moment. It is not that strong at all.

In that case, my computer is also current gen. Man, can' t wait for next gen to arrive in full.
Nitro

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 06:47
Do these look " next-gen" ???

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 06:54
No, they look next-next-gen.
Nitro

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 07:00
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 08:06
Majik why even try?
Let all people who doubt on next gen see what MS has to offer in terms of Mass effect,gears of war and too human and ofc halo3.

:) let they speak for themself.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 08:28
I dont own a 360 but from the vidoes ive seen of 360 games running I do think its next gen. When the PS3 comes out you will truely see next gen (graphics that is)
Bishonen

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 21:43
...i think you all should shut up and listen to the true voice of knowledge, Kikizo:

..So far all we' ve got is last-gen ports with a quick dash of bump-mapping paint, or a thousand extra brain-dead foes chucked in to make use of the extra processing power.

...obviously from 360' s specs, it is a next gen machine.... ...it just hasn' t produced any real next-gen games.....

...this will likely be rectified in the second and third years of it' s life... ...as and when it actually properly gets going, as some of you have correctly said..

...i just feel sorry for all the early adopters who bought one expecting next gen now....

....the price to pay for the line: " I GOT AN XBOX 360!!!" eh?..
Nitro

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 23:07
And you think it will be any different for the early PS3 adopters?!
vdig

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 23:08
That' s why I say the train is only pulling up now. The machine' s here, but the titles to go with it are not.

I' m glad I did not get a 360 yet. The introduction of the smaller CPU chip in ' 07 to reduce heat, which leads to reduced fan noise, is quite the big deal for me. In addition, said smaller chip will lower M$' cost to produce, which leads to price drop when PS3 comes out, most likely. Finally... my ears keep hearing sordid tales of X-Box 360' s breaking down as if on a dance floor. These broken 360s are piling at rediculous rates, if what I' m hearing is true. I say, for most of them, take better care of the system. Some people seriously move the system while on from horizontal to vertical? They must be nuts! That being said, some just break on their own, which is why I may yet hesitate if the PS3' s initial price launches at the 360' s current price. My friends have a motto: NEVER buy the first batch of consoles. Purchase at the next revision.
< Message edited by vdig -- 30 Apr 06 10:09:03 >
Nitro

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 23:17

..So far all we' ve got is last-gen ports with a quick dash of bump-mapping paint, or a thousand extra brain-dead foes chucked in to make use of the extra processing power.

Retarded.

Oblivion and GRAW can be described like that?
vdig

RE: Is next-gen really next-gen? - Apr 30, 2006 23:34
I sincerly hope Oblivion and GRAW can not be merely described like that. I would think that more than just the graphics are being improved upon. I yearn to play FEAR, but I have not the rig to do it with. If the FEAR A.I. is as impressive as I hear it is, I would hope similar A.I. improvements would enhance Oblivion and GRAW' s gameplay experiences. Then, we have the new Indiana Jones tech demo the few priviledged to see it are talking about. A.I. that adapts to their situation AND environment as they are flailing sounds pretty neat. You think you knocked an A.I. unit to their death, only to have him or her come back and shoot you in the back of the head. If this is what they say the next-gen is capable of, you better believe it would enhance the way a game is played.

As impressive as Fight Night has been with the painful knockouts, I would want to see more regular knockdowns too, where they are still struggling to stand, and not necessarily decked out all the time.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message