Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huxley (360) first screens and official details
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 09:22
Jeez, i will be getting the PC version obviously.. by the time the 360 version comes out, my PC should run this at well over 60fps.. anyway..

This really cross plattform?

If so.. 360 players are gonna get their as kicked especially with a pad...

Also without serious graphical cutdowns/drawbacks, i cant imagine 360 running this game ' smoothly' and no-way in hell at constant 60fps..
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 09:34
f3hunter i guess as many here noticed that you' re pc fanboy
f3hunter

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 16:19
Nah, not atall..

Just that my PC is a beast TBH..
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 18:04
well we shall see about that.....360 player getting their ass kicked? lol...but seriously should be fun.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 25, 2006 18:45
Sorry to bring the news to you but your PC isn' t as powerful as a 360. You may be able to get 60fps but if they designed the game right you won' t be able to at the highest settings.
They' ll probably have some sort of assisted aiming with the 360 version. Mouse is definetly supperior to a joystick for aiming but with some auto aiming type assistance joysticks are more than adequate.
I' ve played with some of the best Halo and Halo 2 players there are and their aiming in those games is just as good as any PC fps. I would even go to say that the aiming system in halo 2 using a joystick is on the same level as your typical PC shooter using a mouse. If you take someone who has played as much halo 2 using a controller as another person played PC first person shooters using keyboard and mouse the halo player would probably have better aim because it takes less time to get used to.
However, most developers are too lazy to tweak the aiming as much as bungie has with halo and halo 2. So most PC players will likely be superior to the xbox 360 players.
f3hunter

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 26, 2006 01:51
haha!

that post almost mirrors what Dreamcast players (including myself) thought, just before Dreamcast ' Quake 3' was released..

LOL..we were soo wrong.. we got our ass' s kicked!!, even with dreamcast mouse and keyboard we got our asses kicked, due to (lower framerate and resolution)..

locopuyo

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 26, 2006 07:58
I have quake 3 on both dreamcast and PC and I played both online. And like I said, new games have assisted aiming, quake 3 did not. It depends on how well they make the aiming system for the 360 version. It is likely that PC players will have an advantage in aiming but if they really do it well it would be even.

Back when Quake 3 was on Dreamcast a voodoo 3 was the best you could get which was about the same in power as the Dreamcast. If you had your res set at 640x480 (which is best for that card) it played at about the same framerate as the dreamcast version but didn' t look quite as good. Of course you could lower your settings and get a smoother framerate. And soon after you could get better graphics cards such as a geforce 1. I used the controller some when I played online but I did have mouse and keyboard for my dreamcast which is clearly better for that game but eventually everyone on PC had better graphics cards and broadband internet which was way too hard to find for dreamcast.

But really the PC people didn' t play the DC people for long because with the newer patches for PC you couldn' t play the DC people anymore.

They' ll probably slack on the 360 version of huxley and the graphics, framerate and controls won' t be as good as the should.
f3hunter

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 00:40
Most PC players i kown simply, had 2 installations of quake on their PC' s, one with the DC-compatible 1.30 and the other with the lastest.

Even with assit or auto-aim.. Pad players would not stand a chance against a expert Mouse player..

Sound..

PC players will use earphones and (like me) kill an ememie without even seeing them.. ONE quick flick-turn of the mouse and BAMM!! Most consoles players wouldnt even think about how important ' Sound' is in FPS' s (not that their Pads will respond in time anyway)..

I remember playing halo 2 with earphones and it never even had a proper 3d sound system, it was just totally random and did nothing to the gameplay how it should do in a 1st person shooter...

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 03:06
Webzen already stated that they would find a way to compansate for the difference in a mouse and a controller. I' m not talking about auto aim either.
f3hunter

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 03:13
Or in other words a way to handicap the PC players when they play agaisnt 360 players.

I cant see PC players really wanting to play with some kind of handicap, when they could play it normally against other PC players.

Then again i dont think theres much PC players interested in this game anyway.. heh

locopuyo

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 03:22
I have my 360 hooked up to my monitor and the sound connected through my SBA2 with 5.1 DD optical. The sound works the same way as PC games. I use both 5.1 and headphones. I hear people coming from behind me and can pinpoint where they are all the time just like I do in PC games. The only beef I have with it is you make way too much noise when you are just standing there turning

The only Halo 2 players that aim as good as expert PC players are the expert halo 2 players. Most people haven' t really played with them because if they are on xbox live their rank isn' t high enough. I' ve gone to pro tournies and have played with people who are legitmate 40+ rank on xbox live. Players at that level in Halo 2 actually have better aiming than PC players.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 03:41
You' ll never convince a dedicated PC gamer that console players could be anywhere near as good. Even if the console has a mouse and keyboard. Even with a HD TV. They won' t accept it.

Now, make the PC players use a pad and it would be all over!
locopuyo

RE: Huxley (360) first screens and official details - Apr 27, 2006 04:00
Well it is hard to believe until you whitness it. There are tons of people who just straight up suck and unless you are very good you won' t be playing with the very good people. Halo 2 is really the only game like that though.
Although it is quite amazing what some people can pull of in PDZ it isn' t near as good as using a mouse. PDZ is really just like counter-strike except in the future.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message